What's new

Thanks to the Experienced team, Pakistan tops and surpassed India in this Global Ranking!!!!

mr42O

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Web_Hunger_Index.jpg

yet both countries have more than sufficient food production to feed the entire population and export significantly.
Both countries have sufficient technological and logistics expertise to design and manage the distribution.
At least India (I don't have this info about Pakistan) budgets sufficient welfare money to make this happen.
Yet it does not.
India has become so corrupt that in spite of sufficient money and commodities, there is such a dismaying status.

This is a personal story but with a big message. My dad during his younger days in early 1970s had gone to Japan on scholarship for university education. One time he came to Pakistan with one of his Japanese friends and they drove from Karachi to Swat. His friend told him that if Japan had this much fertile land, they would have feed the whole world.

Its sad that we can't even feed the whole country

Last edited:
This is a personal story but with a big message. My dad during his younger days in early 1970s had gone to Japan on scholarship for university education. One time he came to Pakistan with one of his Japanese friends and they drove from Karachi to Swat. His friend told him that if Japan had this much fertile land, they would have feed the whole world.

Its sad that we can't even feed the whole country
an other thing that i have seen in Pakistan upon my visit was seeing factories being built on fertile land. There should be some sort of rule that you shouldn't destroy fertile land like that. Most factory owners just want to be close to main road and city at any cost.

yet both countries have more than sufficient food production to feed the entire population and export significantly.
Both countries have sufficient technological and logistics expertise to design and manage the distribution.
At least India (I don't have this info about Pakistan) budgets sufficient welfare money to make this happen.
Yet it does not.
India has become so corrupt that in spite of sufficient money and commodities, there is such a dismaying status.

Agreed 100%, but apart from corruption one major thing that both India and Pakistan, especially India is facing is the uncontrolled explosion. I haven't ready or heard about any plan or serious action taken towards controlling it. Ironically our political and so called social elites don't even talk about this. :(

Agreed 100%, but apart from corruption one major thing that both India and Pakistan, especially India is facing is the uncontrolled explosion. I haven't ready or heard about any plan or serious action taken towards controlling it. Ironically our political and so called social elites don't even talk about this. :(
Corruption will be rooted out of Pakistan after 2nd November 2016

Corruption will be rooted out of Pakistan after 2nd November 2016

Don't kid yourself; Corruption is not going anywhere in near future: Following is a reply that I wrote in another thread;

Corruption in Pakistan is rampant in all spheres of Government, Federal and provincial,and public sector entities. No question about it.
Allegation of Corruption is used as smearing tool by one party/person to other party/person. And no body actually want to put an end to this menace: For Example,

--- In 1962 General Ayub Khan was first Martial Law dictator who toppled then Government, citing among other this, Corruption for his deed: No politician was charged or convicted of corruption.
--- In 1970, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto lead a popular up rising against Ayub Khan (in whose cabinet he was a Foreign Minister), on issues of Inflation, Corruption. No politician was charged or convicted of corruption.
--- In 1977, General Zail ul Haq, toppled the Govt. of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, after agitation of opposition parties, Corruption being the biggest allegation. On Corruption charges, no significant person was charged or convicted.
--- In 1983, President General Zia UL Ha, sent home the Government of Muhammad Khan Junejo, on charges of Corruption, in-efficiency etc. On Corruption charges, no significant person was charged or convicted.
--- In 1990, President Ghulam Ishaq Khan, sent packing the Goverment of Benazir Bhutto on charges of Corruption, Corruption. On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
--- In 1992, President Ghulam Ishaq Khan, again sent packing Government of Nawaz Sharif on charges of Corruption, Corruption, Corruption.....On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
--- In 1996, President Farooq Leghari, sent packing the Government of Benazir Bhutto on charges of Corruption, Corruption........On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
--- In 1999, General Pervaiz Musharraf lead military coup sent Jaddah the Nawaz Shariff, on Charges of Airplane High Jacking, and lots lots of Corruption.On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
---2016, Imran Khan, a stooge of certain elements of "Establishment" with the paid agent of Establishment, Qadri, is hell bent on repeating the history.

Person debating in media, are of course, corrupt either on the payroll of one party or others. Lies are spoken as truths; people with mediocre knowledge and even lower moral values deceive public at large.
As against your perception, We are doing too much to stop this corruption.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.
You would not find any other example than Pakistan that has 8 Government toppled to stop CORRUPTION in last 50 years or so.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/rs-502bn-corruption-in-ministries-exposed.456360/page-6#ixzz4NhB0jdO5

Don't kid yourself; Corruption is not going anywhere in near future: Following is a reply that I wrote in another thread;

Corruption in Pakistan is rampant in all spheres of Government, Federal and provincial,and public sector entities. No question about it.
Allegation of Corruption is used as smearing tool by one party/person to other party/person. And no body actually want to put an end to this menace: For Example,

--- In 1962 General Ayub Khan was first Martial Law dictator who toppled then Government, citing among other this, Corruption for his deed: No politician was charged or convicted of corruption.
--- In 1970, Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto lead a popular up rising against Ayub Khan (in whose cabinet he was a Foreign Minister), on issues of Inflation, Corruption. No politician was charged or convicted of corruption.
--- In 1977, General Zail ul Haq, toppled the Govt. of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, after agitation of opposition parties, Corruption being the biggest allegation. On Corruption charges, no significant person was charged or convicted.
--- In 1983, President General Zia UL Ha, sent home the Government of Muhammad Khan Junejo, on charges of Corruption, in-efficiency etc. On Corruption charges, no significant person was charged or convicted.
--- In 1990, President Ghulam Ishaq Khan, sent packing the Goverment of Benazir Bhutto on charges of Corruption, Corruption. On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
--- In 1992, President Ghulam Ishaq Khan, again sent packing Government of Nawaz Sharif on charges of Corruption, Corruption, Corruption.....On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
--- In 1996, President Farooq Leghari, sent packing the Government of Benazir Bhutto on charges of Corruption, Corruption........On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
--- In 1999, General Pervaiz Musharraf lead military coup sent Jaddah the Nawaz Shariff, on Charges of Airplane High Jacking, and lots lots of Corruption.On Corruption charges, no significant person was convicted.
---2016, Imran Khan, a stooge of certain elements of "Establishment" with the paid agent of Establishment, Qadri, is hell bent on repeating the history.

Person debating in media, are of course, corrupt either on the payroll of one party or others. Lies are spoken as truths; people with mediocre knowledge and even lower moral values deceive public at large.
As against your perception, We are doing too much to stop this corruption.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.
You would not find any other example than Pakistan that has 8 Government toppled to stop CORRUPTION in last 50 years or so.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/rs-502bn-corruption-in-ministries-exposed.456360/page-6#ixzz4NhB0jdO5

Lol and your suggestion is keep the corruption running

Dear, where did I mention that corruption should be kept running?

8 Government in 50 years down....... how would you reckon 9 down would make any difference?

This all dilemma is due to corruption.

Even the middle class, who think they are getting healthy nourishment is not healthy at all. For example, the white liquid people buy in Pakistan is not milk at all in most cases.

There are three issues I can see:
1- Purchasing power is going down in Pakistan making food, even in an agricultural country, unaffordable.
2- The main focus is to export food rather than feed your own population.

Back
Top Bottom