What's new

Tamilnadu oppose India's Sanskrit week

no it is not,you have no idea,i am a tamizh and all this history is proper and recorded.you look for sources which have no idea to record history properly.

So just because you are a tamizh that we have to take you for granted. You have not even refuted my me. But you say I have no idea on proper recorded history. LOL

Also I believe that by saying sources which have no idea to record history properly you meant the Mahavansa. How dare you challenge the authority of the Mahavansa. It is regarded as mostly correct by archeologist. A remarkable achievement for a book that old.

If Mahavansa is wrong give me some of your proper history sources to look at.

i am not talking about the mahavamsa,i am talking about much more recent happenings,i am not even saying sinhalese are not native to srilanka or the areas they occupy.

cholas and the maravars had a lot of wars with the sinhalese but the yaazhpanam tamizhs were always there.

i am not talking about the mahavamsa,i am talking about much more recent happenings,i am not even saying sinhalese are not native to srilanka or the areas they occupy.

If it is not Mavavansa then what are you talking about? More modern history is fairly accurately recorded. If the history debunk your theories it is not right to blame the history or the sources.

cholas and the maravars had a lot of wars with the sinhalese but the yaazhpanam tamizhs were always there.

Ok. I'll ask you some simple questions.

If yaazhpanam tamizhs were always there,

1) Where was there capital?
2) Where are the remaining of their capital and other works?
3) Why hasn't anyone in India or Sri Lanka at anyone time except after the 1900s didn't recognize yaazhpanam tamizhs or their contry?
4) Why not any Chola, Chera, Pandya waged any war with yaazhpanam tamizhs?
5) Why not Portuguese, Dutch or British didn't make any treaty with yaazhpanam tamizhs?
6) Why did Asoka forgot yaazhpanam tamizh and head directly for Sinhalese land?

Ok. I'll ask you some simple questions.
If yaazhpanam tamizhs were always there,
1) Where was there capital?
2) Where are the remaining of their capital and other works?
3) Why hasn't anyone in India or Sri Lanka at anyone time except after the 1900s didn't recognize yaazhpanam tamizhs or their contry?
4) Why not any Chola, Chera, Pandya waged any war with yaazhpanam tamizhs?
5) Why not Portuguese, Dutch or British didn't make any treaty with yaazhpanam tamizhs?
6) Why did Asoka forgot yaazhpanam tamizh and head directly for Sinhalese land?

1 to 4 don't deserve a reply

5) Did the Portuguese/Dutch or British make any treaty with the Sinhalas ?

6) Asoka knew that he had to convert the new arrivals - pagan Hindu Oriya / Bangla origin Sinhala Aryan cousins to his state religion Buddhism and ancient Dravidian Nagas aka Tamils were not under his orbit

yeah..Tourists from Ceylon are very very rare in Kerala,i don't know why..though Kerala is only 45 minutes from Colombo,i guess...

That is because my friend most Sri Lankans do not know about Kerala. They only know about Tamilnadu and Bihar mostly.

1 to 4 don't deserve a reply

You have to state why.

5) Did the Portuguese/Dutch or British make any treaty with the Sinhalas ?

Did you really asked this. If it wasn't with Sinhalese who the hell did they make treaties with in Sri Lanka,

The most famous treat is the 1815 agreement between Sinhalese and Brits.

6) Asoka knew that he had to convert the new arrivals - pagan Hindu Oriya / Bangla origin Sinhala Aryan cousins to his state religion Buddhism and ancient Dravidian Nagas aka Tamils were not under his orbit

Well Asoka sent missenories to Tamilnadu. So your Dravidian naga theory falls apart.

You have to state why.

sorry I cant entertain your request to answer all your stupid queries

Did you really asked this. If it wasn't with Sinhalese who the hell did they make treaties with in Sri Lanka

The most famous treat is the 1815 agreement between Sinhalese and Brits.

are you referring to the Kandy convention ?

Well Asoka sent missenories to Tamilnadu. So your Dravidian naga theory falls apart.

Asoka sent missionaries because he considered the 3 Tamil kingdom were his friends

Buddhism might have gone to Ceylon (Sri Lanka) from Tamil Nadu by sea-route, a route by which one can reach Ceylon (Sri Lanka) easily. Since there existed close cultural affinities between Ceylon (Sri Lanka) and the Tamil country from time immemorial, the Buddhist activities in India could have easily influenced in some way or other the Buddhism of Ceylon (Sri Lanka)” says Dr. Hikosaka.

It is interesting and appropriate to investigate the interactions of Buddhist monastic centres between Sri Lanka and Tamil Nadu. The remains of a Buddhist monastery excavated at Kaveripattinum which could be assigned to the fourth century, are believed to be the earliest archaeological relics of Buddhism in Tamil Nadu.

During the Pallava period, Tamil Nadu boasted of “outstanding Buddhist monks who had made remarkable contributions to Buddhism thought and learning. A Buddhist writer Buddhadatta or Thera Buddhaatta as he is called lived during the time of Accyutarikkanta, Kalabra ruler of the Cola-nadu.

Ancient Buddhist links between Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka

why bihar??? bodhi gaya???

Because majority of SL visitors to India are Buddhist pilgrims.. Not holiday seekers.. So north Indian Buddhist sites are the main attraction.. SL holiday seekers preferred destinations are south East Asia, Probably because to experience vastly different culture or because Kerala tourism is not promoted enough in the region

Btw i have been to Kerala twice.. And i concur the similarities in weather, geography, people and culture is uncanny to SL.. Wish that laid back attitude will remain but it seems to be catching up with the chaos of what is the rest of India fast.. Though tourist hot spots like Allapuza, cochin still try retain the old world Kerala charm

On the subject.. Two utter extremist idiots arguing on heresay and fantasies from their opposite extreme corners about who got there first.. None helping thier own causes.. Stupidity has no bounds

Last edited:
Kerala tourism is not promoted enough in the region
yes,our tourism department is one of the worst....
Srilanka just opened a consulate in Kerala's capital 'Trivandrum'..hope the situation will improve...

CBSE announces “Arabic Week” in school; Kerala wants it for 52 weeks each year

New Delhi: Last week, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced “Sanskrit Week” for all schools in India in the second week of August. In that “Sanskrit Week” students from all schools across India should spend some time to memorise unrecognizable verses in Sanskrit and to write Hindi lines ending with “aha” thereby bypassing it as Sanskrit verses.

There were heavy opposition from regional party leaders and many saw it as forceful imposition of Sanskrit and thereby Hinduism into the students, who come cutting across various religions in India. News channels were shouting over the top of their voice that this is suppression of non-Hindu religions in India and that this shows the bigoted mindset of ruling BJP government. And while there were no more murmurs over this week, CBSE had announced “Arabic Week” replacing the “Sanskrit Week” in the period of August 7-14.

Immediately after the announcement, there were celebrations across many of the major cities. Various Secular parties and regional parties distributed sweets and were dancing in joy. Welcoming the announcement, “Only Kannada” movement leader Ussappaa, commented, “This is a good move by the BJP. Every person in this world should learn Arabic, which is a beautiful language. Learning that language opens all the dimensions hidden inside the brain and makes a person rise above all the ignorance. We urge Kannadigas to earn Arabic and use it alongside or even replace Kannada language. But, we will vehemently oppose imposition of Sanskrit and Hindi upon us.”

Tamil leader, Kilavan, was seen partying with his party members outside his party office. A jubilant Kilavan said, “Arabic was the language spoken in India before RSS came, who hid Sanskrit parchments wantedly and sent archaeologists to those areas, thereby falsely proving to people that Sanskrit was spoken in India. We will agitate against Sanskrit and Hindi imposition on us.”

the-arabic-alphabet-is-so-friendly.jpg

Posters like this were pasted in School noticeboards across India, ahead of “Arabic Week”

Kerala government expressed happiness over this announcement and even asked for extension of this Arabic Week, for 52 weeks every year. Trinamool Congress has requested that Arabic be made Official language of India replacing Hindi, so that Indians can easily talk with neighboring Pakistan and Afghanistan. Satish Bhattacharjee of TMC, said, “If Arabic is one of the official language of United Nations and if India is part of that United Nations, doesn’t it mean indirectly that Arabic can be official language of India too. Then why are they forcing Hindi and Sanskrit on us?”

Many intellectuals are already racing to enlist themselves in one of these schools as “old” students so that they can learn Arabic and highlight their secular credentials. Scientists expressed their happiness that introduction of Arabic reading and writing into school curriculum will enable the unused portion of brain in students to be used, as it it Right-to-Left oriented language.

Meanwhile, Arnab Goswami continued his #DesigntoPolarise series in his NewsHour with a debate topic as “BY TERMING IT AS ‘ARABIC WEAK’, DOES INDIA HURTS THE SENTIMENTS OF MUSLIMS?”

CBSE announces “Arabic Week” in school; Kerala wants it for 52 weeks each year | My Faking News

@arp2041 @INDIC @levina @nair @Nair saab @Rahul9090 @SarthakGanguly and others

Satire but brilliantly sums up "secular" politics in India

CBSE announces “Arabic Week” in school; Kerala wants it for 52 weeks each year

New Delhi: Last week, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) announced “Sanskrit Week” for all schools in India in the second week of August. In that “Sanskrit Week” students from all schools across India should spend some time to memorise unrecognizable verses in Sanskrit and to write Hindi lines ending with “aha” thereby bypassing it as Sanskrit verses.

There were heavy opposition from regional party leaders and many saw it as forceful imposition of Sanskrit and thereby Hinduism into the students, who come cutting across various religions in India. News channels were shouting over the top of their voice that this is suppression of non-Hindu religions in India and that this shows the bigoted mindset of ruling BJP government. And while there were no more murmurs over this week, CBSE had announced “Arabic Week” replacing the “Sanskrit Week” in the period of August 7-14.

Immediately after the announcement, there were celebrations across many of the major cities. Various Secular parties and regional parties distributed sweets and were dancing in joy. Welcoming the announcement, “Only Kannada” movement leader Ussappaa, commented, “This is a good move by the BJP. Every person in this world should learn Arabic, which is a beautiful language. Learning that language opens all the dimensions hidden inside the brain and makes a person rise above all the ignorance. We urge Kannadigas to earn Arabic and use it alongside or even replace Kannada language. But, we will vehemently oppose imposition of Sanskrit and Hindi upon us.”

Tamil leader, Kilavan, was seen partying with his party members outside his party office. A jubilant Kilavan said, “Arabic was the language spoken in India before RSS came, who hid Sanskrit parchments wantedly and sent archaeologists to those areas, thereby falsely proving to people that Sanskrit was spoken in India. We will agitate against Sanskrit and Hindi imposition on us.”

the-arabic-alphabet-is-so-friendly.jpg

Posters like this were pasted in School noticeboards across India, ahead of “Arabic Week”

Kerala government expressed happiness over this announcement and even asked for extension of this Arabic Week, for 52 weeks every year. Trinamool Congress has requested that Arabic be made Official language of India replacing Hindi, so that Indians can easily talk with neighboring Pakistan and Afghanistan. Satish Bhattacharjee of TMC, said, “If Arabic is one of the official language of United Nations and if India is part of that United Nations, doesn’t it mean indirectly that Arabic can be official language of India too. Then why are they forcing Hindi and Sanskrit on us?”

Many intellectuals are already racing to enlist themselves in one of these schools as “old” students so that they can learn Arabic and highlight their secular credentials. Scientists expressed their happiness that introduction of Arabic reading and writing into school curriculum will enable the unused portion of brain in students to be used, as it it Right-to-Left oriented language.

Meanwhile, Arnab Goswami continued his #DesigntoPolarise series in his NewsHour with a debate topic as “BY TERMING IT AS ‘ARABIC WEAK’, DOES INDIA HURTS THE SENTIMENTS OF MUSLIMS?”

CBSE announces “Arabic Week” in school; Kerala wants it for 52 weeks each year | My Faking News

@arp2041 @INDIC @levina @nair @Nair saab @Rahul9090 @SarthakGanguly and others

Satire but brilliantly sums up "secular" politics in India

Gosh!!
What did I just read???:blink:
How can sanskrit be dumped to make way for a foreign language??
Condemnable!!

Gosh!!
What did I just read???:blink:
How can sanskrit be dumped to make way for a foreign language??
Condemnable!!

Oh You with Israel?? :D

You are already in my good books...............

Oh You with Israel?? :D

You are already in my good books...............
Whats wrong with you?? :coffee:
Did i mention Israel anywhere in my previous post?? 8-)
How is sanskrit and Israel related?? :confused:

Whats wrong with you?? :coffee:
Did i mention Israel anywhere in my previous post?? 8-)
How is sanskrit and Israel related?? :confused:

I was pointing towards your DP which looks like u support Israel's upper hand over Palestine.......

& Sanskrit & Israel are both 1000s of years old, thats how they are related :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom