What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is inevitable. Boeing and another manufacturer are going to be building / assembling aircrfts in India soon. That would result in India jump starting their own Civilian and Military aircrafts. So Russia is becoming a smaller fraction by the day in terms of India - US relations. So the Russians will need more markets.

With growing investments and business / strategic relationships with Pakistan, the logical next step is to become a weapon's supplier at a much larger scale and offset business lost to India, to some degree with Pakistan. That's any country and any business. Nothing special about it but it will get Pakistan newer tech.

Please keep the politics out of this thread as the topic is different. To just set the stage right, for over 60 years, people have gotten wealthier and wealthier by the year in Pakistan by not paying taxes and cheating on the revenue that would otherwise go to the government of that time. So if there was 5 billion additional ACTUAL tax paid (a very small number, compared to the tax base that should've existed) back in the 60's, and it grew by 5% every year, starting the 90's, Pakistan would've passed Malaysia and Turkey in terms of growth.

The projects which the current government started 3 years ago, could've gotten started in the 90's or even before. Right now, you may have become a partner in the JSF program like Turkey. As Pakistan would've had decades of stable, growing economy and a system. In a Heart attack, your symptoms can start from Flu like, to a shooting pain in the arm to pain in the back. If you followed those symptoms, you may never treat the real issue, that's the Cardiac blockage. So you should ALWAYS be objective and look at the problems roots objectively. Not how you like to see it because your own political affiliations and propaganda purposes.

And list out a few cases where its a FACT (proven in the court) that the money that was supposed to be given to the PA or the PAF, was sent to buying "luxuries" for the government? In fact, the government hurt their own growth projections and cut down on a few projects to pay for the Zarb-e-Azb and for new weapon purchases. Your Army Chief, Gen. Shariff has actually become a big fan of NS. This is the first time in the history Pak Army and Civilians are working this closely and enjoying a shared vision to grow Pakistan. And no, Gen. Shariff or any general, isn't in the power to threat or put force NS out, or they are dictating to NS, before you make that claim. Its a real working relationship that has put the new Pakistan's foundation peacefully and the growth has started.

By 2020, Pakistan's defense budget will be around or at where Turkey is right now, around $ 16-18 billion. With plenty of additional funds available for high priority purchases as the government's savings account would be around $ 40-50 billion cash!!! Many industries spawning up, additional billions of investments coming in and CPEC starting to produce revenue also. Now that's how you turn around a country in a 5 year term :enjoy:

This is inevitable. Boeing and another manufacturer are going to be building / assembling aircrfts in India soon. That would result in India jump starting their own Civilian and Military aircrafts. So Russia is becoming a smaller fraction by the day in terms of India - US relations. So the Russians will need more markets.

With growing investments and business / strategic relationships with Pakistan, the logical next step is to become a weapon's supplier at a much larger scale and offset business lost to India, to some degree with Pakistan. That's any country and any business. Nothing special about it but it will get Pakistan newer tech.

Please keep the politics out of this thread as the topic is different. To just set the stage right, for over 60 years, people have gotten wealthier and wealthier by the year in Pakistan by not paying taxes and cheating on the revenue that would otherwise go to the government of that time. So if there was 5 billion additional ACTUAL tax paid (a very small number, compared to the tax base that should've existed) back in the 60's, and it grew by 5% every year, starting the 90's, Pakistan would've passed Malaysia and Turkey in terms of growth.

The projects which the current government started 3 years ago, could've gotten started in the 90's or even before. Right now, you may have become a partner in the JSF program like Turkey. As Pakistan would've had decades of stable, growing economy and a system. In a Heart attack, your symptoms can start from Flu like, to a shooting pain in the arm to pain in the back. If you followed those symptoms, you may never treat the real issue, that's the Cardiac blockage. So you should ALWAYS be objective and look at the problems roots objectively. Not how you like to see it because your own political affiliations and propaganda purposes.

And list out a few cases where its a FACT (proven in the court) that the money that was supposed to be given to the PA or the PAF, was sent to buying "luxuries" for the government? In fact, the government hurt their own growth projections and cut down on a few projects to pay for the Zarb-e-Azb and for new weapon purchases. Your Army Chief, Gen. Shariff has actually become a big fan of NS. This is the first time in the history Pak Army and Civilians are working this closely and enjoying a shared vision to grow Pakistan. And no, Gen. Shariff or any general, isn't in the power to threat or put force NS out, or they are dictating to NS, before you make that claim. Its a real working relationship that has put the new Pakistan's foundation peacefully and the growth has started.

By 2020, Pakistan's defense budget will be around or at where Turkey is right now, around $ 16-18 billion. With plenty of additional funds available for high priority purchases as the government's savings account would be around $ 40-50 billion cash!!! Many industries spawning up, additional billions of investments coming in and CPEC starting to produce revenue also. Now that's how you turn around a country in a 5 year term :enjoy:
with nearly a decade of Indian wishes getting its own fighter jet, still seems on paper ?lolzz
Look.where the dam LCA stands in IAF no where ?
Now as long as , air forces like IAF which at.hugely dependent on Russian weaponry , I don't see in coming future even in 20years Russian weaponry getting into a friction ?
So basicly , just like it doesn't matter what gun is in use of a soilder , in a war all it takes the man behind machine ?
India is still unable & still far away from producing a fighter even at the level of thunder ?
Money gives many choices but it can't buy god gifted ability ?
Mark my words ?
With your 2cents on Russia , it won't make them a lesser power on earth , in the end you need to beg them to give you , PAKFA in time ?
I can safely say that , India need Russian weaponry at least for next 15 years or so , if they have a good plan to phase out Russian hard ware from their military system ?
& after that they need a good strategic partner like Russia to keep them up with latest of the war tech ?
I don't think that america , France ,.or any other power can do the role of Russia for India in.next 15 years ?

Money & finance are very important factor , yes sure it is ?
& that's why Russia has decided to be a strategic partner of Pakistan with China to hold a frim grip in ME , so the oil flow won't just tilt in only Yankees way ?
Pak- China economic corridor , Russia is the sleeping partner , that's why Russia has changed its strategy to provide Pakistan means to defend & be secure for the future bussines growth of china & Russia altogether ?
That's why SU-35 will be given to insure the safety of the bussines created by , the economic corridor ?

Last edited:
Not true
The India Russia business still supercedes Russia's other deals by a huge margin......
It is gonna a take a while atleast 1.5 to 2 decade for that change to happen

PakFa deal is the last deal in Indo-Russian advance weapons. Meaning after SU-30 and may be some SU-35 as interim MRCA's, the PakFa is the full stop in Indian acquisitions of Russian jets. Sure there will be upgrades to existing jets but PakFa is it.

There is no 1.5 decades, in the next 5 years, Russia will become Pakistan's second or third largest weapon's supplier as Russia like India, has a RIGHT to build her future business pipeline. They can't just sit and wait and see the ship slowly sailing. They have to act now and prepare for the future...

How will your defence budget double from current 8 b usd to 16 billion usd in 5 years with 4 percent annual growth?
pretty optimistic you are i must say[/QUOTE]

Its not "my defense budget". I am pretty well prepared in my house with over 200 F-22 model RC planes, ready to take on anything within 200 feet of my house :rofl: :omghaha: :cheers:. It was Pakistan's defense budget. And there is no reason to tell you how as you won't buy it and I don't have time to waste with a 30 year old child. So I guess you can write this post number and save it. Come back in 2020 and call me out if I am incorrect? I'll expect defeat and won't write a post about Pakistan's defense budget related predictions......I think its pretty fair?

PakFa deal is the last deal in Indo-Russian advance weapons. Meaning after SU-30 and may be some SU-35 as interim MRCA's, the PakFa is the full stop in Indian acquisitions of Russian jets. Sure there will be upgrades to existing jets but PakFa is it.

There is no 1.5 decades, in the next 5 years, Russia will become Pakistan's second or third largest weapon's supplier as Russia like India, has a RIGHT to build her future business pipeline. They can't just sit and wait and see the ship slowly sailing. They have to act now and prepare for the future...

How will your defence budget double from current 8 b usd to 16 billion usd in 5 years with 4 percent annual growth?
pretty optimistic you are i must say

Its not "my defense budget". I am pretty well prepared in my house with over 200 F-22 model RC planes, ready to take on anything within 200 feet of my house :rofl: :omghaha: :cheers:. It was Pakistan's defense budget. And there is no reason to tell you how as you won't buy it and I don't have time to waste with a 30 year old child. So I guess you can write this post number and save it. Come back in 2020 and call me out if I am incorrect? I'll expect defeat and won't write a post about Pakistan's defense budget related predictions......I think its pretty fair?[/QUOTE]
Indian expections from US will die soon , its just a short dream , no way USA can make India happy as Russia did in its soviet past ?
Its doesn't matters when PAKFA will be in IAF but the fact remains there , India with 400 plus air fighters basses on Russian tech , can't just break itself from Russian weaponry ?
In any case of any conflict , India needs heavy supplies from Russia ?
Not from USA ?

Guys IMHO the days of all out war with India are long gone! Yes belligerent talk is easy to do but following it up with actions now has a very, very high cost for both sides. And they know that and the world powers as well.

India in all its projects is following the long route -- i.e. going from bottom up -- it requires long gestation time and a lot, lot of money too! This route has potential for great setbacks but also greater returns over the long run. India did a SWOT analysis long time back and based their decisions on which route to take based upon no small part to their excellent IIT backbone for producing quality engineers and PhD's, access to mature metallurgical production base -- and mature engineering and manufacturing base -- (their substandard Ambassador finally paid off) Furthermore, they have far more access to technology due to a long standing and more mature mutually satisfying relationship with USSR/Russia which was based upon convergant interests

We took the shorter route (Our philosophy being why reinvent the wheel). This decision was based upon a number of considerations, that we might not like but were the ground reality for us then, lack of funds, weak engineering/manufacturing sector, very few quality institutions were producing quality grade engineers and PhD's, our technology partner (starting late eighties) was itself reverse engineering western systems and components. Furthermore, due to the "Islamic Bomb" syndrome, access to western information and technologies including study and training in them was off limits -- it was not just restricted to Nuclear related studies but to areas in structural engineering, metallurgy, avionics, telemetry, etc.

We did the right thing, given the extreme constraints that we had and chose the only path available to us -- it was less costly, low risk and bigger bang for the buck! So did India. India will get there -- so shall we in the end. Just that we took two different routes.

Last edited:
Pak may opt for any variant of J11 series in near future to compensate J31 and to fill gap involved up to induction of J31.
Pak will not opt for Ruskies because it is may assumption that they can't offer financial concessions/credits. Further they may not allow Pak to update these planes with Chinese Radars or Missiles.
In case of war scenario PAF shall not like to have similar situation like Kargil i.e not having continuous supply of necessary spares/Ammos.
Further it is my assumption that AESA -Chinese made radars may prove to be more benificial then PESA radars of SU35s. Further India may easily get all info from Riussia to counter Radars/Ew suits easily.

Pak has only one option left and that is J11 variant whether it is for Navy or PAF.

Guys IMHO the days of all out war with India are long gone! Yes belligerent talk is easy to do but following it up with actions now has a very, very high cost for both sides. And they know that and the world powers as well.

India in all its projects is following the long route -- i.e. going from bottom up -- it requires long gestation time and a lot, lot of money too! This route has great setbacks but also greater returns over the long run. India did a SWOT analysis long time back and based their decisions on which route to take based upon no small part to their excellent IIT backbone for producing engineers and PhD's, access to mature metallurgical production base -- and mature engineering and manufacturing base. Furthermore, they have far more access to technology due to a long standing and mutually satisfying relationship with USSR/Russia.

We took the shorter route (Our philosophy being why reinvent the wheel). This decision was based upon a number of considerations, that we might not like but were the ground reality for us then, lack of funds, weak engineering/manufacturing sector, very few quality institutions were producing quality grade engineers and PhD's, our to technology partner (starting late eighties) was itself reverse engineering western systems and components. Furthermore, due to the "Islamic Bomb," access to information and technologies including study and training in them was off limits -- it was not just restricted to Nuclear related studies but to areas in structural engineering, metallurgy, avionics, telemetry, etc.

We did the right thing, given the extreme constraints that we had. So did India. India will get there -- so shall we in the end. Just that we took two different routes.

Very well written - As they hindsight is always 20/20. Most critics today forget to take the constraints and the limitations back in the day into consideration.

Success of Pakistan is inevitable due to demography and location but wrong priorities can delay and may result in more lost decades. Something to keep in mind perhaps.

Its not "my defense budget". I am pretty well prepared in my house with over 200 F-22 model RC planes, ready to take on anything within 200 feet of my house :rofl: :omghaha: :cheers:. It was Pakistan's defense budget. And there is no reason to tell you how as you won't buy it and I don't have time to waste with a 30 year old child. So I guess you can write this post number and save it. Come back in 2020 and call me out if I am incorrect? I'll expect defeat and won't write a post about Pakistan's defense budget related predictions......I think its pretty fair?
Indian expections from US will die soon , its just a short dream , no way USA can make India happy as Russia did in its soviet past ?
Its doesn't matters when PAKFA will be in IAF but the fact remains there , India with 400 plus air fighters basses on Russian tech , can't just break itself from Russian weaponry ?
Not from USA ?[/QUOTE]
I think the policy will be to maintain a balance between the two giants(us nd rus)......
India doea not expect US to be our strategic ally like soviet was.....its just we need each other which will continue in the form of military purchases and econonic deals like chinooks, f35(in future for IN) and civil nuclear deals

It will irk russia but the relationship will continue.....the more India develops it military base,the more russia will detach itself from us

pretty optimistic you are i must say

Its not "my defense budget". I am pretty well prepared in my house with over 200 F-22 model RC planes, ready to take on anything within 200 feet of my house :rofl: :omghaha: :cheers:. It was Pakistan's defense budget. And there is no reason to tell you how as you won't buy it and I don't have time to waste with a 30 year old child. So I guess you can write this post number and save it. Come back in 2020 and call me out if I am incorrect? I'll expect defeat and won't write a post about Pakistan's defense budget related predictions......I think its pretty fair?[/QUOTE]
How old are you?

Not from USA ?
I think the policy will be to maintain a balance between the two giants(us nd rus)......
India doea not expect US to be our strategic ally like soviet was.....its just we need each other which will continue in the form of military purchases and econonic deals like chinooks, f35(in future for IN) and civil nuclear deals

It will irk russia but the relationship will continue.....the more India develops it military base,the more russia will detach itself from us

How old are you?[/QUOTE]
That's just another part of shadow , if you think US will ever give INDIA F-35s you just need to be wake up , cause it just for them & their real strategic partners ?
India can't balance itself much , none of the 2 big giants think positive about this govt , abnocsious policies & its war mogreing ?
state relationships are mostly mixup of economic , strategic , cultural , social intersts it can't be just economy ?
That's what is getting INDIANS on the wrong side , they think they can get whatever they want from who ever ?
even they can push or dictate the 2gaints at their will ?
No India can't do that , both giants has enough power to let India bow down to them when ever they want ?
Right now Pakistan , has became strategicly important to Russia & they knew well that Pakistan has suffered a lot from uncle Sam's back stabbing so with Chinese influence on Pakistan , they are happy to develop Pakistan as a reliable strategic partner ?
For that they can go to any limits ,even supplying su-35s on softer loans or with Chinese financial gurntee & support ?
Both China & Russia wants PAF to fly their super machine & to cover Arabian seas as much as they can ?

US should refrain from fanning S. Asian instability: Sartaj - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

US should refrain from fanning S. Asian instability: Sartaj - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Here's one surprising reason Russia might not want to pick a fight with US planes over Syria

The skies over Syria are dangerously crowded these days with the US, Russia, and the Assad regime all bombing various actors on vaguely opposite sides of the country's multidimensional conflict.

In both Iraq and Syria, the reality of overlapping aerial operations among countries with little geopolitical fondness toward one another has already led to claims that British aircraft have been authorized to engage Russian aircraft over Iraq if threatened.

The British government denied these reports, but they still underscore the possibility of confrontation between allied and Russian military aircraft.

Several presidential candidates,including Democratic front-runner and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, have called for an allied-enforced no-fly zone in northern Syria — a development that would be partly aimed at containing Russian operations.

In Politico, former State Department official Frederic Hof recently advocated a robust US response to any deliberate Russian provocation: "But if Russia seeks out armed confrontation with the United States in Syria, it would be a mistake for Washington to back down," Hof wrote.

"People like [Russian president Vladimir] Putin will push until they hit steel."

There's already been one alarming incident: According to AFP, Russia announced on October 14 that one of its planes had approached a US aircraft over Syria "for identification purposes," with one Russian official explaining that Russian aircraft "often come within visual recognition distance of US warplanes and drones."

So what would happen if Russian and US aircraft began shooting at one another over Syria?

air_su35b_knaapo_pic_lg-1.jpg

A Russian Su-35 Flanker.

One plausible answer comes from an unlikely source: David E. Hoffman's "The Billion Dollar Spy," a gripping account of Cold War spy Adolf Tolkachev.

In the early and mid-1980s, Tolkachev, who was the head of a Soviet weapons-research laboratory, gave the CIA specifications for the next decade's worth of Soviet combat-aircraft radar systems.

"The amazing thing is that Tolkachov was bringing us not only what was happening now but what would be happening 10 years from now," Hoffman told Business Insider in an interview earlier this year.

spy.jpg

Tolkachev allowed US military planners to peer into the future of Soviet aircraft capabilities.

Since the Soviet Union was the US' primary conventional foe, that information led the US to build specific counter-capabilities into its own aircraft — ways of evading advanced Soviet aircraft radar or of exploiting gaps in radar coverage.

"This intelligence went right into electronics that were deployed, but never mentioned in anyone’s National Intelligence Estimate," Hoffman explained to Business Insider.

This technological and intelligence edge is one of the reasons for the US' aerial superiority over Soviet-built combat aircraft since the fall of the Soviet Union.

During the 1991 Gulf War, while in "direct aerial combat over Iraq, the US Air Force downed every Soviet-built tactical fighter that it confronted," Hoffman writes, even though they were being flown by pilots from what was then one of the most formidable militaries in the Middle East at the time.

US pilots had a similarly perfect record when facing off against Yugoslavia's Soviet-built aircraft and air defenses during the 1990s Balkan conflicts.

"The record is stark," Hoffman writes. "For every six enemy aircraft air force pilots shot down in Korea, the United States lost one. In Vietnam, the United States lost one airplane for every two enemy planes shot down.

"Thus, the kill ratios went from six to one in Korea, and two to one in Vietnam, to 48-to-zero for the air force in the wars in Iraq and the Balkans."

As a partial result of Tolkachev's espionage, "The United States has enjoyed almost total air superiority over Soviet-built fighters for more than two decades," he writes.

The technical superiority that Tolkachev's espionage enabled has applications in the present day, in situations where US aircraft might come into conflict with Soviet fighters built in the 1980s and early 1990s. But it could conceivably extend to planes built after that period as well.

iswwwwwwwww.png

Even some of the most advanced Russian aircraft began their development either at the end of Soviet period or in the immediate post-Soviet period, when communist-era state defense institutes were often left intact.

For instance, the Su-34 Fullback multirole fighter jet — four of which are currently in Syriafirst flew in 1990, although the plane didn't officially enter service until 2014. Russia also has Su-30 Flankers in Syria.

Both planes are descendants of the SU-27 multirole fighter, the radar specifications of which were fully known to US military planners, thanks to Tolkachev.

Hoffman speculated to Business Insider that some of Tolkachev's information is still relevant to US national security.

"I still think there are big parts of what Tolkachev delivered that are still in use and that are legitimately still classified," Hoffman said. "Even though this case is three decades old, it’s quite likely that some of that stuff is still considered pretty valuable intelligence."

Tolkachev's information helped the US dominate the skies in earlier operations against Soviet-built fighters. And if there's shooting over Syria, an intelligence operation from the Cold War's critical final decade might come in handy all over again.

US and Russia planes in Syria - Business Insider

Tolkachev' story at some points would b right but US would never say "I know what u will have" to his enemy so Russia may not change strategy of radars etc otherwise it would b a boom and Tolkachev theory would b nothing but costs without piece so the US story in current scenario is nothing but a bluff to make Russian's think and think again over air actions in Syria. Just think that your competitor knows what u r going to bring along in the field so definitely he has something much better then u have, will u still take the same tool? I am sure the answer is NO.

How old are you?[/QUOTE]
That's just another part of shadow , if you think US will ever give INDIA F-35s you just need to be wake up , cause it just for them & their real strategic partners ?
India can't balance itself much , none of the 2 big giants think positive about this govt , abnocsious policies & its war mogreing ?
state relationships are mostly mixup of economic , strategic , cultural , social intersts it can't be just economy ?
That's what is getting INDIANS on the wrong side , they think they can get whatever they want from who ever ?
even they can push or dictate the 2gaints at their will ?
No India can't do that , both giants has enough power to let India bow down to them when ever they want ?
Right now Pakistan , has became strategicly important to Russia & they knew well that Pakistan has suffered a lot from uncle Sam's back stabbing so with Chinese influence on Pakistan , they are happy to develop Pakistan as a reliable strategic partner ?
For that they can go to any limits ,even supplying su-35s on softer loans or with Chinese financial gurntee & support ?
Both China & Russia wants PAF to fly their super machine & to cover Arabian seas as much as they can ?

US should refrain from fanning S. Asian instability: Sartaj - Pakistan - DAWN.COM[/QUOTE]

India is a pet to US as uncle same needs stronghold in South Asia due to China & Russia and only India will give everything to his master. Also Israel never liked Pak and never will because they know what we can do so Israel due to it's influence on US and EU will never wish that PAK may have something English and Russia never liked US or vice versa. CPEC made PAK more valuable and definitely partners would wish for a strong defence so China will definitely provide along with Russia so we can have a strong air defence from north to south and in deep sea as well.

So I am hoping something good is going to happen by very soon. J-11D is a good choice for the time being to fill the gap till J-31 becomes operational.

Tolkachev' story at some points would b right but US would never say "I know what u will have" to his enemy so Russia may not change strategy of radars etc otherwise it would b a boom and Tolkachev theory would b nothing but costs without piece so the US story in current scenario is nothing but a bluff to make Russian's think and think again over air actions in Syria. Just think that your competitor knows what u r going to bring along in the field so definitely he has something much better then u have, will u still take the same tool? I am sure the answer is NO.

It's just an article worth reading; in reality the outcome of any confrontation will depend upon a range of factors.

I know it isn't relevant to thread so my apologies first.
I have been trying to upload my profile pic but it always asking me to download latest version of tapatalk then start processing and so on but nothing happens so also tried to contact Admin by Contact Us option but error occurred. Need help with that. Thnx

Is China agreed to give Pakistan its 5th Gen J20 Aircrafts , Any contract signed between both countries..???
PAF seem to be more interested in J31 and yes that would be made available. How it will surely take a couple of years before the planes mature and is thoroughly inspected and evaluated by PAF before going for the purchase.

PAF seem to be more interested in J31 and yes that would be made available. How it will surely take a couple of years before the planes mature and is thoroughly inspected and evaluated by PAF before going for the purchase.
su-35 .Will it happen in next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom