What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably to counter India's Rafale deal. Also, buying S-35 would be useless if it doesn't come with the supercruise engines.

1st Learn how to comprehend.

I said $200-250 billion of worth of deals that India-Russia is currently engaged .I have provided list of some of deals. I said Russia won't dare to ditch $200 deals for sake of couple of Helis and Su35s.

Ab Samajh Aaya ?

It's probably to counter India's Rafale deal. Also, buying S-35 would be useless if it doesn't come with the supercruise engines.

Why don't you sell Pakistan your "Supercruise" engines ?

You are wasting them in Fishing boats.

hope to see good relation with Russia ( habib ahmed rafiq keep up the good work in making PAK-RUS relation more strong )

Simple answer: Indian economy is not sanctioned but Russia economy is.

So it's not that they can ditch us , We will ditch them if they sell any critical hardware to Pakistan.

Read this :Help Russia during testing time of sanctions, Rostec appeals to Modi government - The Economic Times

You can't ditch them completely. I are buyer of weapons so are reliant on them. You can either buy all western or a mix. Your economy is not strong enough to buy all western. Case in point Rafale deal. You could buy 230 MKIs but could you afford 230 Rafales? No. Barely 36 of them. So there is that.

As far sanctions and Russian economic woes, China has much larger muscle than India. Russia will gladly do business with China which can better withstand western pressure. So please know where you stand in relations with Russia. You are far from dictating your terms and will keep buying a them in foreseeable future. They will sell us too.

You can't ditch them completely. I are buyer of weapons so are reliant on them. You can either buy all western or a mix. Your economy is not strong enough to buy all western. Case in point Rafale deal. You could buy 230 MKIs but could you afford 230 Rafales? No. Barely 36 of them. So there is that.

As far sanctions and Russian economic woes, China has much larger muscle than India. Russia will gladly do business with China which can better withstand western pressure. So please know where you stand in relations with Russia. You are far from dictating your terms and will keep buying a them in foreseeable future. They will sell us too.

You are not China. Please keep that in mind! Neither China is going to buy Su35s for you.

Su-35 will diversify our attacking and defensive strategies. I am all for SU-35!!! Bring it on!!!

You are not China. Please keep that in mind! Neither China is going to buy Su35s for you.

"You cannot buy these" is the only response Indians are left with. Guess what.. our buying power is not under Indian control.. so leave it to Pakistan. Just a suggestion.

Man why are you feeling so but hurt man?? posting 200 250 Billion deals again and again

Ja k Thanda pani pio bhai ..... Abhi deal sign ni hui koi... And yeah India even Protested over Mi-35 Heli and Russia didn't bother to listen that and Giving us Mi-35

so chill it's business

So basically you are saying Russian d.FM was dead drunk, floating in Vodka when he said that we are in negotiations with Pakistan for SU-35? Face the reality. You don't hold all the cards.

1st Learn how to comprehend.

I said $200-250 billion of worth of deals that India-Russia is currently engaged .I have provided list of some of deals. I said Russia won't dare to ditch $200 deals for sake of couple of Helis and Su35s.

Ab Samajh Aaya ?

LOL

NIZHYNY TAGIL: Pakistan and Russia are in talks about the delivery of Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets and previously agreed upon delivery of Mi-35M helicopters, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister (FM) Sergei Ryabkov said, Sputnik reported.

Earlier this year, a draft contract for the delivery of four Mi-35M 'Hind E' combat helicopters was sent to Pakistan from Russia, a source in the Russian military and technical cooperation was quoted by the Russian news agency TASS.

Increasing military cooperation between Islamabad and Moscow would not negatively impact Russia's ties with India, Ryabkov said, adding that Pak-Russia ties were improving in other sectors as well ─ including energy.

The Russian Deputy FM Ryabkov referred to Pakistan as Russia's closest partner and said, "I do not think that the contacts under discussion will cause jealousy on the part of any of the two sides."

Pakistan and Russia had signed a bilateral defence cooperation agreement aimed at strengthening military-to-military relations in November last year. The deal had to be followed by another ‘technical cooperation agreement’ to pave the way for sale of defence equipment to Pakistan.

Pak-Russia talks on delivery of Su-35, Mi-35s underway: Russian Deputy FM - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Seems a tactics to pressurise India, at least when it comes to offering Su 35 to Pakistan.

One has to take a look at reduced share of Russia in Weapon Aquisition by India, sanctions that came after Ukraine fiasco and troubled Russian Economy which runs on hydrocarbons and which is hurt by flood of Cheap oil in market.

Well the Americans wont like it and might offer more block 52's, hmmm then we might have dilema, a good sort.

99% chance is PAF wont buy Su 35.

Reasons-

1. PAF Docrine-

PAF doctrine operate single engine, meduim/ light weight fighter only.
Now J 6 was twin engined but was a lightweight fighter.

SU 35 is a heavy multirole fighter.

2. Cost- It will be very costly, judging that in recent MKI order, each MKI costed India 102 Million Dollars.

Even with discounts, the SU 35 will cost no less than 90 Million dollars (lifecycle cost+ weapons).

3. Its Flanker- Su 35 belongs to flanker familiy. There are similraities between both SU 35 and Su 30 MKI and after Super MKI upgrade the difference will be very less.

Plus IAF has operated flankers more than 10 years which means it knows weaknesses and stengths thoroughly, a fact PAF cant overlook.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom