What's new

Taliban unveil new rules banning women in TV dramas

Taliban unveil new rules banning women in TV dramas

Female Afghan television presenters

New guidelines set out by the Taliban prohibit female presenters from appearing on TV without headscarves

Women have been banned from appearing in television dramas in Afghanistan under new rules imposed by the Taliban government.

Female journalists and presenters have also been ordered to wear headscarves on screen, although the guidelines do not say which type of covering to use.

Reporters say some of the rules are vague and subject to interpretation.

The Taliban seized power in Afghanistan in mid-August and many fear they are gradually imposing harsh restrictions.

The militant Islamist group, which took control following the departure of US and allied forces, almost immediately instructed girls and young women to stay home from school.

During their previous rule in the 1990s, women were barred from education and the workplace.

They include the banning of films considered against the principles of Sharia - or Islamic - law and Afghan values, while footage of men exposing intimate parts of the body is prohibited.

Comedy and entertainment shows that insult religion or may be considered offensive to Afghans are also forbidden.

The Taliban have insisted that foreign films promoting foreign cultural values should not be broadcast.

Afghan television channels show mostly foreign dramas with lead female characters.

A member of an organisation that represents journalists in Afghanistan, Hujjatullah Mujaddedi, said the announcement of new restrictions was unexpected.

He told the BBC that some of the rules were not practical and that if implemented, broadcasters may be forced to close.

The Taliban's earlier decision to order girls and young women to stay home from school made Afghanistan the only country in the world to bar half its population from getting an education.

The mayor of the capital, Kabul, also told female municipal employees to stay home unless their jobs could not be filled by a man.
The Taliban claim that their restrictions on women working and girls studying are "temporary" and only in place to ensure all workplaces and learning environments are "safe" for them.

I think this law will help prevent objectification of women.

A leopard cannot change its spots. This is no surprise for anyone. More such laws will make it virtually impossible for the western world to accept the legitimacy of Taliban government.
you must know them too they are sick they don't care west . if they will fail to welfare they will use old tactic that this world is just exam of few days and happiness will be in paradise . its impossible to fix someone if he did not even admit his sickness

you must know them too they are sick they don't care west . if they will fail to welfare they will use old tactic that this world is just exam of few days and happiness will be in paradise . its impossible to fix someone if he did not even admit his sickness

I think that they will have to change, under the compulsion of circumstances; otherwise they wouldn't survive.

If the drama is comedy then all gender will watch, but if the drama is non comedy than Afghan women will be the only viewers.....:D

Just see when Indonesian invited Korean movie stars.....:p:

Their actions will become a hindrance for countries like Pakistan who would like to acknowledge the legitimacy of Taliban in Afghanistan.

Their actions will become a hindrance for countries like Pakistan who would like to acknowledge the legitimacy of Taliban in Afghanistan.
tumhary pass pakistan ke siwa kuch hai to bolo tum logoon ke liye to paksitan 75 saal se khatam ho raha hai :rofl:

Just like American law allows people to get acquitted after looting and destroying businesses.

I was watching video recently where some US journalist or politician I don't know argued that most BLM rioters were acquitted as no business would hire a known felon leading to them possibly being unemployed for rest of their life and indulging in more crime.
And I was like WTF,aren't businesses have right to know or inquire about the people they hire in US and to see if they potentially pose any danger to their business or even their fellow employees? And if those guys cared about their future and career they shouldn't have committed crime in first place.

Geopolitics or Pakistan's interests asides, most Afghans are very conservative and women are generally very repressed. Pakistani journalist Sumeira Khan has been saying that and saying that the elites who benefited from the American presence (and $$) are confined to Kabul and large cities and even there in very low numbers are the ones where women seem more 'liberated'.
Afghanistan needs peace and food above all and unfortunately for Afghans, the Taliban are currently the best govt for them, given what just happened. But I also believe Taliban 2.0 is significantly more open to modern ideas and I see evidence of that. Of course it may not sound much but when you compare with the Taliban 1.0 of 1990s then you will see the big difference.
Let Afghanistan evolve organically. They will figure it out given peace.

Geopolitics or Pakistan's interests asides, most Afghans are very conservative and women are generally very repressed. Pakistani journalist Sumeira Khan has been saying that and saying that the elites who benefited from the American presence (and $$) are confined to Kabul and large cities and even there in very low numbers are the ones where women seem more 'liberated'.
Afghanistan needs peace and food above all and unfortunately for Afghans, the Taliban are currently the best govt for them, given what just happened. But I also believe Taliban 2.0 is significantly more open to modern ideas and I see evidence of that. Of course it may not sound much but when you compare with the Taliban 1.0 of 1990s then you will see the big difference.
Let Afghanistan evolve organically. They will figure it out given peace.

It will take them 50 years just to become 19th century then they will start testing the durand line. All I can say is Pakistan needs to plan accordingly.

I hope durand line is officially recognised as a hard border by the end of 2022.

Very good rules, they are smart and wont let others hijack their society. It also prevents breeding snakes within ur country. Something Pakistan should have done long ago, now Pakistan is filled with ppl following foreign culture, snakes that destroy own society. See the situation of our tv dramas, u cant watch it with family. Most are filthy stories with a person loving someone else's wife and a wife loving someone else's husband. The eastern culture of dupatta have vanished.

I commend taliban for taking strong steps and not succumbing to pressure of libturds and western hypocrites.
Taliban or Afghanistan last problem should be piousness of the country/people. Lol what's the point when almost all of your citizens live in absolute poverty , are refugees in millions in neighbouring /foreign countries, the poorest country in the region and the world(top 10), people are hungry and can barely afford a meal a day, many suffer from malnutrition etc .
If my family was facing such dire situation, my priority will be uplifting them economically, educationally and financially, that will be where 100% of my focus will be. We can talk or think about the rest when they are well fed/taken care of, then piousness and morality can start coming into play. But these idiots are instead focused on the wrong issues. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Guess that's what happens when a country is ruled by uneducated illiterate religious regimes. What else can we expect. Lol

At least that will stop the agenda driven feminist rona dhona tv shows.

But they can have women act with hijab. To tell the story of NATO occupation much better if they let them act.

Talented bearded neanderthals (Talis) to play the role of women in dramas.
If the drama is comedy then all gender will watch, but if the drama is non comedy than Afghan women will be the only viewers.....:D

Just see when Indonesian invited Korean movie stars.....:p:

Taliban or Afghanistan last problem should be piousness of the country/people. Lol what's the point when almost all of your citizens live in absolute poverty , are refugees in millions in neighbouring /foreign countries, the poorest country in the region and the world(top 10), people are hungry and can barely afford a meal a day, many suffer from malnutrition etc .
If my family was facing such dire situation, my priority will be uplifting them economically, educationally and financially, that will be where 100% of my focus will be. We can talk or think about the rest when they are well fed/taken care of, then piousness and morality can start coming into play. But these idiots are instead focused on the wrong issues. 🤦🏾‍♂️
Guess that's what happens when a country is ruled by uneducated illiterate religious regimes. What else can we expect. Lol

What you say is very sensible. However, what are the world's and Afghans' other options?? If the previous regime couldn't hold on to power merely a few weeks beyond the American withdrawal then should tell you something about the previous regime?
Anyway, I insist that Taliban 2.0 is significantly better than the Taliban 1.0. The have to be because the newer generation of Taliban have been raised in the era of information technology and been exposed to the world.
None of us should forget that up to a staggering 70% of the previous govt budget was paid by Americans and I don't think any country, any economy could sustain such a withdrawal of funding without serious consequences. Let there be peace in Afghanistan, let there be food available, let there be economic activities. The rest will work out however slowly.

I was watching video recently where some US journalist or politician I don't know argued that most BLM rioters were acquitted as no business would hire a known felon leading to them possibly being unemployed for rest of their life and indulging in more crime.
And I was like WTF,aren't businesses have right to know or inquire about the people they hire in US and to see if they potentially pose any danger to their business or even their fellow employees? And if those guys cared about their future and career they shouldn't have committed crime in first place.
Yup its really crazy in democrats controlled states. They have also start prioritizing education basing on race instead of merit. This will have negative impact on Asian communities like Chinese, Korean, philippians, Indians, Pakistanis, Bengalis and Middle East people.

Back
Top Bottom