What's new

Taliban unveil new rules banning women in TV dramas

Its Pakistan's luck to be neighbored with this insanity. Only the ultra violent narco south american death squad groups are as obnoxious as these folk.

Taliban unveil new rules banning women in TV dramas

Female Afghan television presenters

New guidelines set out by the Taliban prohibit female presenters from appearing on TV without headscarves

Women have been banned from appearing in television dramas in Afghanistan under new rules imposed by the Taliban government.

Female journalists and presenters have also been ordered to wear headscarves on screen, although the guidelines do not say which type of covering to use.

Reporters say some of the rules are vague and subject to interpretation.

The Taliban seized power in Afghanistan in mid-August and many fear they are gradually imposing harsh restrictions.

The militant Islamist group, which took control following the departure of US and allied forces, almost immediately instructed girls and young women to stay home from school.

During their previous rule in the 1990s, women were barred from education and the workplace.

They include the banning of films considered against the principles of Sharia - or Islamic - law and Afghan values, while footage of men exposing intimate parts of the body is prohibited.

Comedy and entertainment shows that insult religion or may be considered offensive to Afghans are also forbidden.

The Taliban have insisted that foreign films promoting foreign cultural values should not be broadcast.

Afghan television channels show mostly foreign dramas with lead female characters.

A member of an organisation that represents journalists in Afghanistan, Hujjatullah Mujaddedi, said the announcement of new restrictions was unexpected.

He told the BBC that some of the rules were not practical and that if implemented, broadcasters may be forced to close.

The Taliban's earlier decision to order girls and young women to stay home from school made Afghanistan the only country in the world to bar half its population from getting an education.

The mayor of the capital, Kabul, also told female municipal employees to stay home unless their jobs could not be filled by a man.
The Taliban claim that their restrictions on women working and girls studying are "temporary" and only in place to ensure all workplaces and learning environments are "safe" for them.

these are bunch of morons ... make a deal with the devil.. they are snakes man.
So men will act as females?
Or they will portray a world with no females?
kabuki :).....

these are bunch of morons ... make a deal with the devil.. they are snakes man.

This isn't Gods work that's for sure. This is monkey business. Brzezinski should have said to them the devil is on your side :lol:

This isn't Gods work that's for sure. This is monkey business. Brzezinski should have said to them the devil is on your side :lol:
you are old enough to remember that 1980 Newweek magazine ?

But those were mujahideen; not these lunnah mullah brigade

you are old enough to remember that 1980 Newweek magazine ?

But those were mujahideen; not these lunnah mullah brigade

I'm old enough to remember how many Pakistani women and children they raped during their conquests hundreds of years ago.

No big deal, what they have done so far is already quite different with previous Taliban during 1990's

Their (people of Afghanistan) means All Afghans, Men, and women. Here we have selected a few forcing their views on the whole of the country.
How will you describe "few" because apparently they control the country because the majority supported them. How on earth can a rag tag group otherwise be able to?

Besides, we can say that vast majority of Americans don't support their govt either. It doesn't goes that way, because it's them who are controlling the country.

how it will be look like a drama without female . hahahahaha these talis went total stupids . all of their efforts are to punish society . all of thier islam is standing of women and fahashi . while these countries are dirt poor most ignorant places on earth

"Fahashi" is a word Pakistan's President General Zia ul Haq used a lot. He banned Urdu Feature Films from showing on TV calling the films as 'Fahash' (Obcene); I remember a character of no less stature than the famous singer Madam Noor Jehan had to publicly appeal to Zia to allow Urdu movies on Pakistan Television. Zia also tried to ban female anchors on tv from putting on makeup, tried to ban the PIA air hostesses from putting on makeup, tried to make Arabic as the national language of Pakistan to unify the country.
The Pakistan of 1979 was a much different Pakistan than the Pakistan of 1989. Many of us oldies have lived through those years to know the difference.
General Zia was still a milder version of the Afghan Taliban.
Still I think the Taliban are better than the previous corrupt and puppet regime whose President Ghani himself ran away with bags of money just when he was really needed. Overtime, as @Beast says above, Taliban will evolve. I think they will.

Under Taliban Bacha Bazi crimes face death penalty that is how much they are against such disguesting practice. Bacha Bazi is a vile act it was a main stand practice with the former US allies
if they hang all bacha baaz .then whom will teach and learn in madrasas ? madrasas are #1 places for gay sex .

"Fahashi" is a word Pakistan's President General Zia ul Haq used a lot. He banned Urdu Feature Films from showing on TV calling the films as 'Fahash' (Obcene); I remember a character of no less stature than the famous singer Madam Noor Jehan had to publicly appeal to Zia to allow Urdu movies on Pakistan Television. Zia also tried to ban female anchors on tv from putting on makeup, tried to ban the PIA air hostesses from putting on makeup, tried to make Arabic as the national language of Pakistan to unify the country.
The Pakistan of 1979 was a much different Pakistan than the Pakistan of 1989. Many of us oldies have lived through those years to know the difference.
Still I think the Taliban are better than the previous corrupt and puppet regime whose President Ghani himself ran away with bags of money just when he was really needed. Overtime, as @Beast says above, Taliban will evolve. I think they will.
And this happened because of it...
@TNT
Can't kill your rich culture and heritage (old and modern alike - Atif Aslam or Young stunners are just as much your "culture" as any old singer from black and white era

and expect everything fine and dandy- doesn't work like that)
Learn from the mistakes of the past

Last edited:
What in the homo bacha bhazi insanity is this?

They seriously would prefer to watch crusty guys on TV rather than hot women? dafuq? But LGBT is wrong too? LMAO

Won’t judge them for a decade, that country needs all the help it can get.

Eventually the people of Afghanistan will move the country in a direction they think is best for them, nobody else can!

doctor mubarak haider have explained it very well in his book sir

let me shear with you

1.png

2.png

What in the homo bacha bhazi insanity is this?

They seriously would prefer to watch crusty guys on TV rather than hot women? dafuq? But LGBT is wrong too? LMAO

Female Reporters and Female TV anchors are still allowed to work.

Back
Top Bottom