What's new

Taliban spokesman puts an Iranian news anchor in his place

After the Khomeini revolution in which many lost their lives, many Liberal Iranians fled to Pakistan and opened businesses and found employment.
Every one in Iran is liberal, except minority ruling mafia.
During all of 80's Pakistan's engineering universities and Medical colleges had decent amount of Iranian students. They all left Pakistan after completing their education... In 90's India replaced Pakistan as a foreign education destination for Iranian students and this was mainly due to the reason that in 90's Pakistani society wasn't liberal enough, it was the time when various new sectarian parties were getting born, which later flourished... a conspiracy against Pakistan, may i say.

Yet a heavily sanctioned and isolated Iran is FAR more advanced than Pakistan. Go figure.

Not even talking about infrastructure, education of women, well being of the people etc.

I am just telling you my experience, whatabooutism is not going to change the facts. I have only come across one Iranian family in Australia that doesn't drink alcohol and doesn't eat pork and that family are my in-laws.

However can i ask how did you come to that conclusion that Iran is FAR advanced than Pakistan?

I am just telling you my experience, whatabooutism is not going to change the facts. I have only come across one Iranian family in Australia that doesn't drink alcohol and doesn't eat pork and that family are my in-laws.

However can i ask how did you come to that conclusion that Iran is FAR advanced than Pakistan?
Thier HDI, infra, etc

Thier HDI, infra, etc

Smaller population and luckily an oil/gas producing nation. Without the oil their exports would be just little over $10B.

As for Infrastructure, yes Tehran is amazing, however outside of Tehran it isn't much different than Pakistan.

One thing that Iran beats Pakistan hands down is cleanliness, I have not seen any city in Pakistan that comes even close, well maybe Islamabad.

no offense but i think you dont understand fully how economies work

OIL and GAS are only a small part of irans economy even before trump sanctions only 18% of Irans economy revenue came from Natural resources.

" . But Iran’s economy is also now less dependent on energy than other oil-exporting states, including neighbors such as Saudi Arabia. In fiscal 2018-19, before the most restrictive U.S. sanctions were in place, Iranian crude oil and natural gas exports accounted for 18 percent of GDP and about one-quarter of government revenues. In contrast, oil and gas exports contributed about one-third to Saudi Arabia’s GDP and constituted two-thirds of all Saudi government revenues in 2018. "

economies are not dependent on exports , specially "Isolated economies" like Iran.

some iranian politicians say best would be even if we would stop exporting gas and oil in total and only use them for own needs.

after 2019 and today 5% of irans economy revenue is from GAS and OIL on other hand Saudi Arabia in 2019 was 75% (IMF sources)

"Politician Confirms Iran's Oil Exports Have Collapsed"

People want to migrate to developed countries for better opportunities. Nothing negative in this case. USA will remain a land of opportunities for skilled workers in forseeable future.

i will rather go canada or greenland or finand . USA may be as stopover :D :lol:
Everything in USA may not be perfect but trust me, if you want to grow. If you want land of opportunity. This is where you need to be. Nobody beat USA.
1629757220372.gif

OIL and GAS are only a small part of irans economy even before trump sanctions only 18% of Irans economy revenue came from Natural resources.

" . But Iran’s economy is also now less dependent on energy than other oil-exporting states, including neighbors such as Saudi Arabia. In fiscal 2018-19, before the most restrictive U.S. sanctions were in place, Iranian crude oil and natural gas exports accounted for 18 percent of GDP and about one-quarter of government revenues. In contrast, oil and gas exports contributed about one-third to Saudi Arabia’s GDP and constituted two-thirds of all Saudi government revenues in 2018. "

economies are not dependent on exports , specially "Isolated economies" like Iran.

some iranian politicians say best would be even if we would stop exporting gas and oil in total and only use them for own needs.

after 2019 and today 5% of irans economy revenue is from GAS and OIL on other hand Saudi Arabia in 2019 was 75% (IMF sources)

The comparison is unfair anyway. Iran was an empire, Persia has been an empire for millenia. Even in colonial times Iran was an Empire and has a semblance of independence and power.

The land that forms Pakistan today has been part of different empires but hasn't had its boundaries forged naturally. Yes there has been ancient civilisation here but a lot of power exchanges have happened here and in more modern times it was not a part of an Empire (not one we controlled anyway). The British exploited our lands, split us unnaturally and left thier cronies in power.

Iran should compare itself to Turkey who is a neighbour and also former Empire.

Also Pakistan has faced a lot of sanctions too. Much worse than sanctions we have democracy.

I really dont know where you pull your figures from. It seems you find pro-iran articles to justify false claims.

almost 70% of irans exports are oil/gas/petrochemical related. almost 15-20% are minerals/raw resources. Once again as stated. Without energy resources Iran would be as poor as Afghanistan.
Smaller population and luckily an oil/gas producing nation. Without the oil their exports would be just little over $10B.

As for Infrastructure, yes Tehran is amazing, however outside of Tehran it isn't much different than Pakistan.

One thing that Iran beats Pakistan hands down is cleanliness, I have not seen any city in Pakistan that comes even close, well maybe Islamabad.

You Gotta be kidding me. Islamabad surpasses Tehran in infrastructure, cleanliness, and beauty.
The comparison is unfair anyway. Iran was an empire, Persia has been an empire for millenia. Even in colonial times Iran was an Empire and has a semblance of independence and power.

The land that forms Pakistan today has been part of different empires but hasn't had its boundaries forged naturally. Yes there has been ancient civilisation here but a lot of power exchanges have happened here and in more modern times it was not a part of an Empire (not one we controlled anyway). The British exploited our lands, split us unnaturally and left thier cronies in power.

Iran should compare itself to Turkey who is a neighbour and also former Empire.

Also Pakistan has faced a lot of sanctions too. Much worse than sanctions we have democracy.

You CANNOT compare former empires to todays nation states... there is no comparison.

Todays Iran looks at itself as the protectors of Shiites throughout the world. Very similar to how Israel views itself as the global protector of jews.

Thus IRIs official economic, foreign, military, and diplomatic policy will always pertain to this shiite protectionist world view.

Today is the first time since the 1800s that Pakistans economy has surpassed Irans. The gap will only grow in the coming years. Also today Pakistan/ISI holds the reins of power in a significant Indo-Iranian nation ie Afghanistan. No more can Iran claim to be the protector of the Indo-Aryan Islamic Cultural Sphere of influence.

That title is now held by Pakistan.

Last edited:
I really dont know where you pull your figures from. It seems you find pro-iran articles to justify false claims.

almost 70% of irans exports are oil/gas/petrochemical related. almost 15-20% are minerals/raw resources. Once again as stated. Without energy resources Iran would be as poor as Afghanistan.

You Gotta be kidding me. Islamabad surpasses Tehran in infrastructure, cleanliness, and beauty.

You CANNOT compare former empires to todays nation states... there is no comparison.

Todays Iran looks at itself as the protectors of Shiites throughout the world. Very similar to how Israel views itself as the global protector of jews.

Thus IRIs official economic, foreign, military, and diplomatic policy will always pertain to this shiite protectionist world view.

Today is the first time since the 1800s that Pakistans economy has surpassed Irans. The gap will only grow in the coming years. Also today Pakistan/ISI holds the reins of power in a significant Indo-Iranian nation ie Afghanistan. No more can Iran claim to be the protector of the Indo-Aryan Islamic Cultural Sphere of influence.

That title is now held by Pakistan.

Didn't you read my last post ? You don't seem to understand the basics of economics....

exports do not define economies , mostly for small nations but large economies have small export to GDP ratio.

only 5% of Iran's economy is now trade of natural resources , that sector of Iran heavily sanctioned omg its not hard to understand...

dbfqsytawsh21.png

a bit old statistics but so you understand it better, USA economy is now 16% exports , China`s world leader in exports still its only a tiny % of their economy.

Iran and Russia are the only nations that have very high natural resources but only small part of trade makes their economy.

Russia 9% of trade made up their GDP , for Iran it was only 7% in 2021 , the pic above is abit older but still you should be able to understand it...

Also as i said only Americas "CIA worldbank" lists pakistan`s gdp with 4 times the population as higher...

Read before making comments. Economies work internal they are not based on "Exports". except some exemptions that dont have local industry,service branch and so on.

Last edited:
Its true, 90% of Iranians will leave and the first thing they will do is eat a ham sandwich and whine about how bad Mullahs are in Iran and how people have no freedom.

I couldn't agree more. Very unfortunately I was shocked to see how they love to keep Muslim names, yet wine & dine completely like non Muslims. Plus their women also wear more revealing clothes than even the westerns themselves. Similar thing I noticed with one Saudi couple that moved into my building. She arrived in a full Burqa, and within a few months maybe weeks it was shorts and skirts! Idk whats this desire to be naked in some women? Can't get it.

Back
Top Bottom