What's new

Taliban in 72 percent of Afghanistan: report

pakistan does noyhing on terrorism.so many were killed in mumbai and you do not have any guilt for that.if you cant fight terror india will come and fight in place of you

what guilt? we are sad that it happened. we condemn it!.half the guilt should lie with india itself for their own security failures!

what guilt? we are sad that it happened. we condemn it!.half the guilt should lie with india itself for their own security failures!

Excuse me fatman. I have always enjoyed reading your posts even when i have not agreed with your views. But this statement just does NOT cut it.

India is to blame? I am sorry, but the reason there are not a thousand Mumbai massacres is because of the security system. The security forces need to be lucky every time to stop such terrorists while the terrorists need to be lucky just once. You are out of your mind when you say India is to blame for its security failure.

If anything i would have thought you'd have some kind of sadness on account of having these terrorists of Pakistani origin! The blame lies solely and wholly on Pakistan. How are these terrorists and most of the global terrorists finding a launch pad in Pakistan. Why were Pakistani's involved. It has been an issue again and again, that Pakistan has been the major source of terrorism in India and the globe.

Excuse me fatman. I have always enjoyed reading your posts even when i have not agreed with your views. But this statement just does NOT cut it.
India is to blame? I am sorry, but the reason there are not a thousand Mumbai massacres is because of the security system. The security forces need to be lucky every time to stop such terrorists while the terrorists need to be lucky just once. You are out of your mind when you say India is to blame for its security failure.

If anything i would have thought you'd have some kind of sadness on account of having these terrorists of Pakistani origin! The blame lies solely and wholly on Pakistan. How are these terrorists and most of the global terrorists finding a launch pad in Pakistan. Why were Pakistani's involved. It has been an issue again and again, that Pakistan has been the major source of terrorism in India and the globe.

44% of indians put the blame squarely on indian security forces!

44% of indians put the blame squarely on indian security forces!

Yes they do. And i hold them responsible to a certain extent as well. But people do also realize that if they wernt there, there's be a hundred more Mumbai like massacres. There was even a time when people thought 'no security, no taxes'. Then the realization dawned, that if there are no taxes which are paid, there might not be an NSG to kill such terrorists when they do a repeat performance.

And That does not EXCUSE the fact that it was a group of Pakistani's who did what they did. That does not excuse the fact that it was a group of brainwashed Pakistani Jehadis on an 'Islamic Mission'. That does not excuse from the fact that organizations like the LeT, JuD, Dawood Ibrahim find a safe base in Pakistan.

I ask why were the security forces even put to the test by these individuals, how does Pakistan allow such blatant proliferation of Islamic Jehadis? Why does it allow organizations like the LeT recruit and brainwash the people of the civil society of Pakistan? Why does your govt turn a blind eye to these(things are changing now-but its too little, too late). Why does your army not submit to the civil govt, why are things so damned messed up in Pakistan where no one can be held accountable?

Yes they do. And i hold them responsible to a certain extent as well. But people do also realize that if they wernt there, there's be a hundred more Mumbai like massacres. There was even a time when people thought 'no security, no taxes'. Then the realization dawned, that if there are no taxes which are paid, there might not be an NSG to kill such terrorists when they do a repeat performance.

And That does not EXCUSE the fact that it was a group of Pakistani's who did what they did. That does not excuse the fact that it was a group of brainwashed Pakistani Jehadis on an 'Islamic Mission'. That does not excuse from the fact that organizations like the LeT, JuD, Dawood Ibrahim find a safe base in Pakistan.

I ask why were the security forces even put to the test by these individuals, how does Pakistan allow such blatant proliferation of Islamic Jehadis? Why does it allow organizations like the LeT recruit and brainwash the people of the civil society of Pakistan? Why does your govt turn a blind eye to these(things are changing now-but its too little, too late). Why does your army not submit to the civil govt, why are things so damned messed up in Pakistan where no one can be held accountable?

join the bandwagon in ****-bashing!

the problem with Rising and Shining India is that it just wants to not accept that all is not fine within India. it needs to also accept its weaknesses and fralities.

(things are changing now-but its too little, too late) - thanks for answering - do the same in India!

First of all I would again like to state that whatever happened in Mumbai should be condemed in the strongest possible terms. The members on this forum have condemed the event.

However it has now been established and well documented on another thread on this forum that Indians had ample advance knowledge of the terrorist attack about to happen. However they failed to act in time and instead arrested the Kashmiri police man who had provided the information to the agencies in the first place.

From this point of view India and Indian agencies are solely to be blamed.

join the bandwagon in ****-bashing!
I dont give a damn for Pakistan bashing or xyz bashing.

The things i mentioned are a real problem, it has DIRECTLY afffected my life, and the life of other Indians. If on that day i would have been in Taj, and would have gotten killed, would that have made your views a little different? Maybe a little less defensive? You dont really understand the blood and gore and the reality till some one you know(even remotely) gets affected by it.

the problem with Rising and Shining India is that it just wants to not accept that all is not fine within India. it needs to also accept its weaknesses and fralities.
And where have i mentioned that India was perfect. These are flaws in Pakistan, and you might have noticed, these are actual problems in Pakistan and India is bearing the brunt of it apart from other Pakistani's. The point of saying that the Mumbai massacre was India's fault is totally wrong. India has security issues, but that does not take away from the fact that these terrorists came from Pakistan. Had Pakistan actually launched a war and then killed these people in Mumbai would have been a lot more palatable, because there is someone who would bear responsibility for that action. India would have gone to war to ensure it. In time of peace, if such acts are committed by people of Pakistani soil, it makes things that much harder.

Pakistan cracking down on Talibs in FATA, etc would have been so much better had they been doing it of their own initiative and not under the threat of US. That the PA rushed troops from west to east right after Mumbai attacks made it self evident how much they dont want to fight these extremists. This is what i meant by saying things are changing-unfortunately, Pakistan is not doing it willingly but under coercion. I really do get comforted by what Zaradari says that he understands that these talibs are a threat to Pakistan more than anything else.

(things are changing now-but its too little, too late) - thanks for answering - do the same in India!
In your blind hurry to reply my alleged rhetoric with rhetoric, you are really not understanding the agony, the anguish of the people of India over this. The Mumbai attacks were as real as it gets, the fear, the blood and loss of lives. They(including me) want SOMEONE to suffer, to pay the price for what has happened, and unfortunately, there is no accountability. Our govt has directly said that the attack was not state sponsored by Pakistan(so going to war with Pakistan is ruled out), Just by terrorists who get refuge in Pakistan. SO whom do we attack? Where do we get justice?

Taking civilian lives as revenge for civilian lives is inhuman. But the LEAST Pakistani's can do is express sorrow that such people are present in Pakistan-instead of blaming India.

Last edited:
The people you have named have been arrested. However we need proof to prosecute them and that has not been provided. The proof you have provided is not admisable in a court of law as evidence.

Finding few Pakistan origin thing from scene of crime does not mean the people came from Pakistan or the plot was hatched in Pakistan. We need real evidence and that has not been provided so far.

What if there is a bomb blast in Lahore and some one finds Daburs podeen hara from the site. Does this mean India is involved.

Your agony is understood but as the saying goes every one is innocent till proven guilty and to do that we need proof.

The lone survivor has admitted to being a Pakistani. The Pakistani establishment kept denying that to various degrees inspite of being proven by the Pakistani media itself. Finally, even the GoP admitted that the terrorist is a Pakistani citizen. Is there more proof to be required? When the killer himself is Pakistani? This is apart from other commodities which had been purchased in Karachi. Even if you discount this aspect, of the origin of commodities, you cannot discount the terrorist as being a Pakistani.

Secondly:
Dossier credible but give Pakistan some time, says US Ambassador Mulford

The US has contended that the dossier given by India to Pakistan on the Mumbai attacks was "credible" but suggested that New Delhi [Images] should allow time to Islamabad [Images] to act on it.

US Ambassador [Images] to India David C Mulford said the dossier contains extensive inputs from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

"From what I have seen it is a very credible material. The FBI is cooperating in Mumbai [Images]...It is information which tells and gives a very accurate account of what has happened," he told Karan Thapar's programme Devil's Advocate.

Commenting on the Indo-US cooperation in this area, he said the dossier prepared by India extensively used material provided by the FBI. "As far as I see, it (FBI material) was used extensively because the material was same."

Underlining the credible aspect of the dossier, he said, "As far as the FBI is concerned, they do not deal with non-credible material. It is a truly professional organization supported by absolutely high-tech techniques."
Give Pak some time over dossier: Mulford

The lone survivor has admitted to being a Pakistani. The Pakistani establishment kept denying that to various degrees inspite of being proven by the Pakistani media itself. Finally, even the GoP admitted that the terrorist is a Pakistani citizen. Is there more proof to be required? When the killer himself is Pakistani? This is apart from other commodities which had been purchased in Karachi. Even if you discount this aspect, of the origin of commodities, you cannot discount the terrorist as being a Pakistani.

Secondly:

Terrorist dont have any religion or nationality,india have used makti banni in terrorist activities ,we still remember your government all action of terrorism .

What india is doing in balouchistan supporting terrorists is also wrong.

Any terrorism done by any individual or nation should be condemed.

We need to identify who is master mind behind terrorisn in south asia and central asia which is zoinist regime.

Indian should stop friendship with israel and join with forces fighting against their big game plan in middle east and central asia

i don't know they are denying this everyone knows that they are losing war very quickly

Its true, Asim.... i have seen this report which issued by a UK based think tank "International counsil on security and development" formerly known as
"The Senlic council" showing the complete failure of NATO in Afghanistan and the reasons behind it. they have mentioned that: The Taliban now holds a permanent presence in 72% of Afghanistan, up from 54% a year ago. Taliban forces have advanced from their southern heartlands, where they are now the de facto governing power in a number of towns and villages, to Afghanistan’s western and north-western provinces, as well as provinces north of Kabul. Within a year, the Taliban’s permanent presence in the country has increased by a startling 18%.
Though Richard Boucher has rejected this survey, but I have heared about another detailed report prepared by an US based think tank (which they still kept confidantial, as such I am not confirmed as yet) saying 80% excistance of Taliban.

In fact that's the reason I kept on calling that US lead Nato now seek scapegoat to undermine their failure.... and its to be frank they now playing tactics to pressure up Pakistan !!!

Advance of the Taliban: Maps

Map: One year ago - November, 2007

929b1766e20266348bd57f7cb9c227ce.jpg

Map: One year later, November, 2008

145bdf8d33aade6ecc48d41dff940373.jpg

NOTE: Map statistics are based upon publicly recorded attacks and local perceptions of Taliban presence

Legend:

Dark Pink: Permanent Taliban Presence (72% in 2008)
= Average of one or more insurgent attacks per week, according to public record of attacks. It is highly likely that many attacks are not publicly known.

Light Pink: Substantial Taliban Presence (21% in 2008)
= Based on number of attacks and local perceptions (Frequency of Taliban sightings)

Grey Areas: Light Taliban Presence (7% in 2008)
= Based on number of attacks and local perceptions (Frequency of Taliban sightings)

The colour coded dots on the map represent civilian, military or insurgent fatalities since January 2008
Red = civilian fatalities
Green = military fatalities
Yellow = insurgent fatalities

Please check details at following link:The Taliban Advance
Shocking! It seems like Nato n all have promoted and pampered Taliban. They have grown like some sort of fungus all over Afghanistan. Its a horrific failure and our guys have died fighting the Taliban while these idiots couldn't control them with their superior weaponry.

Current situation on the ground in Afghanistan from the Russian perspective

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all I would again like to state that whatever happened in Mumbai should be condemed in the strongest possible terms. The members on this forum have condemed the event.

However it has now been established and well documented on another thread on this forum that Indians had ample advance knowledge of the terrorist attack about to happen. However they failed to act in time and instead arrested the Kashmiri police man who had provided the information to the agencies in the first place.

From this point of view India and Indian agencies are solely to be blamed.

Jehadi mullah suspected for Bombai attacks because they always working on donations and any terrorist organisation can use them ,so both india and pakistan should distroy their network jointly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom