What's new

Taliban commander surrenders for $100 by accident

Are there any news / media following this line of reasoning at all... or is it just cooked up on defence.pk to keep the morale of folks supporting the good terrorists up?

The question is of the usage of questionable news as propoganda..

why is your focus only at defence.pk?
On linking it with supporting terrorism.. whats the beef?
Id be appalled to know if you too are the delusional "All Pakistanis support terrorism" line.

FYI for all.. this is an actual example of trolling.

Because lots of threads use questionable news here at defence.pk.

But yeah, leave it to a "think tank" lol and a senior moderator to come question the accuracy of this thread.

It says that he just he had won an award, he misunderstood that it was actually a reward for his capture.

Bounties on the head of thieves and criminals are not new in world not even in Afganistan. It was done for centuries in every part of word. So noone is fool enough to see his poster on the wall and go to collect the money as if he has won the lottery. And he is/was a taliban cammander who surely must have seen thousands of poster of OBL and MO with a lot bigger $$$$$ amount. So you want to belive that he was a fool. I have no problems with that.
Surely he come to collect the money. No doubt. If the article suggest he won the award and come to collect it with wanted Poster...... They must have misunderstood it. Obviously that's what I think :)

Poverty and inability to full fill basic needs is something alien to NATO. I read a article somewhere on net where a man recruited himself as a suside bomber for 5000 Pak Rupees. It's around 2500/2800 INR and nearly equal to $ 50. He need that money to repair his house so his family can sustain in Monsoon.

It was not questioning the source but proposing an alternative theory by a think tank without a backup.. Which in real terms is called trolling..

Because we are discussing this on defence.pk

On linking it with supporting terrorism.. whats the beef?
Afghan Taliban = Good terrorists.. Good because a lot of Pakistanis believe them to be good.. Terrorists as per UNSC resolution.. Hence the use of oxymoron...

Id be appalled to know if you too are the delusional "All Pakistanis support terrorism" line.
Never believed it.. Never said it...

FYI for all.. this is an actual example of trolling.
Though I would disagree.. I would have been inclined to be tempted to agree had you said counter trolling.. But trolling definitely not.. Trolling is what the think tank dude did...

It was not questioning the source but proposing an alternative theory by a think tank without a backup.. Which in real terms is called trolling..

Which is relevant to the topic..I showed you how it is. How such measures are made.
Trolling is dragging in Pakistan and Pakistani sentiments into this as the focus.

It's so cute how the Indian trolls act as if they've never heard of a 'feel good' propaganda ploy by authorities.

your theory would be acceptable if there were a slew of feel good propaganda items released by the authorities in the past which were proved to be false, then v could have counted this one as one such attempt as well.

your theory would be acceptable if there were a slew of feel good propaganda items released by the authorities in the past which were proved to be false, then v could have counted this one as one such attempt as well.

I already posted links which showed how NATO/ISAF troop morale is low after recent events. And along comes this guy out of the blue!

How fortuitous!

Which is relevant to the topic..I showed you how it is. How such measures are made.
Trolling is dragging in Pakistan and Pakistani sentiments into this as the focus.

There can be a million theories put forth if there is no burden of backup.. Someone may even talk about how ISI could have tricked him into capture due to a back room deal with CIA to get concessions on public statements from US Military about Pakistan support to Taliban for Kabul attacks.. Its the burden of backup that limits such out of the world stories.

About dragging Pakistani members... Do you really believe that's trolling specially when there was no generalization..

And on a side note, go thru this thread, comments from Pakistani members and tell me with a clear conscious that you have a moral ground to call this trolling :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/strate...03-pakistan-heading-disaster-balochistan.html

I already posted links which showed how NATO/ISAF troop morale is low after recent events. And along comes this guy out of the blue!

How fortuitous!

By that logic any news that lifts up morale after a bad incident can be called a propaganda..

How fortuitous!

Prove with examples from the current era that this was a propaganda gig and don't base your theory on events passed 40 years ago, Vietnam has nothing to do with this.
If you cannot, you are just making assumptions out of conjecture. Fantasizing in other words.

Also your tank thinking abilities in regard to discerning bad sources/propaganda would be most welcome in other threads.
With a healthy amount of impartiality that you clearly posess im sure you will have plenty of work.

:lol:

By that logic any news that lifts up morale after a bad incident can be called a propaganda..

The first casualty of war is truth.

Official stories always need to be taken with a grain of salt, especially stories like this which are so blatantly ridiculous, and which just happen to come at a time when troop morale is especially low.

don't base your theory on events passed 40 years ago, Vietnam has nothing to do with this.

I an guessing English comprehension is not your forte. The story is from April 2012 Afghanistan.

How fortuitous!

but where's the proof of this being a feel good propaganda? just your theory right.

Back
Top Bottom