What's new

Taimur: Pakistan's ICBM?

I don't think Pakistan is ever interested in any wars - but technological advancement is means to defend borders

You already have the means to defend your borders.

I will address this to all my Pakistani gung-ho buddies, and to my Indian gung-ho buddies as well, as it also holds true for India.

Let's says Pakistan builds/ buys a 7,000 km missile ( and nuclear tipped to boot).

Who exactly are you going to/ can you nuke? you don't need that kind of range for India.

So....

nuke Israel? their response will vaporize you.

Western Europe? NATO will vaporize you.

Eastern Europe? Putin will vaporize you.

China? nuff said.

What is the point of the money spent?

To the Indians - they don't HAVE to develop the infrastructure if someone (China / N.Korea) will sell them one.

Point is they can't use it against anyone. That's a lot of money to pay for a wet dream.

No offense intended...

^Sir, you have made some errors here. Please do research first before posting here.

Never underestimate Pakistan or India's Nuclear capabilities.

Our nuclear-capable Shaheen II missile is reached between 3,000km to 3,500km so it will be upgraded to 4,500km. Same as India.

What exactly going on your own country's Nuke (12,000km) ? whom?

It is saying whomever is threat to Pakistan except China. Not only neighbor, there is another possible enemy (tiny country) the world know it very well.

It is our interest to defend borders always and secure !

Not quite sure what you tried to say there.

Yes, I did do my research. Can you answer my basic question - who is Pakistan going to nuke 7,000kms away? and what would be the consequences? Please read my post.

It is cool to be a nationalist, btw.

Yes, I did do my research. Can you answer my basic question - who is Pakistan going to nuke 7,000kms away? and what would be the consequences? Please read my post.

It can be use for civil purpose , like launching satellites , any how all the world satellites which were send to space during 70s and 80s are completing their life cycle and world needs hundreds of new one's with in ten years so commercial use for it.

and as that tiny country is concern it will be defense against any adventures from them example: thanks to CIA :usflag: in time info, Pakistan was saved from their attacked from the eastern boarders on its Assets.

i think Pakistan should concentrate more on space tech rather than building ICBM's because it doesnt require an ICBM in any case

It can be use for civil purpose , like launching satellites , any how all the world satellites which were send to space during 70s and 80s are completing their life cycle and world needs hundreds of new one's with in ten years so commercial use for it.

You need to develop a satellite launch vehicle then. How much sense does this make to develop a missile then use it's technology for launching satellites. :disagree: :disagree:

And so what if the satellites are completing their life cycles? Pakistan developing this missile tech won't help anyone, because first you need to "start" your space program... :rofl:

SUPARCO :lol:

Best I leave arguing with you because all you do is list India's failures.

That article may have helped in satisfying your ego :taz:, but that article doesn't stop INDIA from developing. That doesn't make ISRO from being one of the best space agencies. :cheers: oh.. and more importantly: THIS STILL DOESN'T SHOW ME HOW MUCH PAKISTAN IS PROGRESSING. SO quit wasting time trying to tell us, LCA, ARJUN, AGNI ETC are failures bro, because those failures; we have learned from. And that's one better than what Pakistan has done.---Absolutely nothing.

Best I leave arguing with you because all you do is list India's failures.

That article may have helped in satisfying your ego :taz:, but that article doesn't stop INDIA from developing. That doesn't make ISRO from being one of the best space agencies. :cheers: oh.. and more importantly: THIS STILL DOESN'T SHOW ME HOW MUCH PAKISTAN IS PROGRESSING. SO quit wasting time trying to tell us, LCA, ARJUN, AGNI ETC are failures bro, because those failures; we have learned from. And that's one better than what Pakistan has done.---Absolutely nothing.
Well blow me, if i even mentioned the likes of LCA, Arjun or Agni.
Since you found SUPARCO so amusing, suffice to mention your DRDO is not exactly an admirable example. And in comparison to above, the likes of AL-Khalid, JF-17, Ghauri, Shaheen, Babur, Anza, Green Arrow etc etc have been a success story. Pakistan's space and satellite projects may be in initial stages but then don't forget it's nuclear and missile programme was at one time way behind India's. The rest my dear is history. REGARDS.

Well blow me, if i even mentioned the likes of LCA, Arjun or Agni.
Since you found SUPARCO so amusing, suffice to mention your DRDO is not exactly an admirable example. And in comparison to above, the likes of AL-Khalid, JF-17, Ghauri, Shaheen, Babur, Anza, Green Arrow etc etc have been a success story. Pakistan's space and satellite projects may be in initial stages but then don't forget it's nuclear and missile programme was at one time way behind India's. The rest my dear is history. REGARDS.

DRDO is not the name of our space program sir. :hitwall: :hitwall:
India too has it's own successes. But we don't boast too much about them (like you guys do :rolleyes:) because we focus more on going forward.

Since you say, here's a small list:
PAD
AAD
Brahmos
Sagarika
Shaurya
Akash
INS Arihant :sniper:
Delhi Class :sniper:
Shivalik

more =)

And i haven't said anything wrong... Yes, you do need to develop your space program. Period. You brought up the DRDO BS. No need.

^^^^^^
TECHNOLOGY-INDIA: Exposed by Dud Missile, Space Vehicle Crash

This was the title of the topic i posted, now it's an other matter your DRDO (BS as you refer to it) was included in the report.

Before being humble , check out the claims on this forum by your country fellows.

DRDO is not the name of our space program sir. :hitwall: :hitwall:
India too has it's own successes. But we don't boast too much about them (like you guys do :rolleyes:) because we focus more on going forward.

Since you say, here's a small list:
PAD
AAD
Brahmos
Sagarika
Shaurya
Akash
INS Arihant :sniper:
Delhi Class :sniper:
Shivalik

more =)

And i haven't said anything wrong... Yes, you do need to develop your space program. Period. You brought up the DRDO BS. No need.

what do you mean you don't boast ?
YOU CAN'T BOAST BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING
polease quit you're lies about that your country doesn't boast
as soon as you beat pakistan in a war we don't hear the end of it no matter how insugnifficant it was !

what do you mean you don't boast ?
YOU CAN'T BOAST BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T ACHIEVE ANYTHING
polease quit you're lies about that your country doesn't boast
as soon as you beat pakistan in a war we don't hear the end of it no matter how insugnifficant it was !

:hitwall: You're right. We haven't accomplished anything.
Those above are just our wet dreams.

:toast_sign: to Pakistan. So much accomplished.

Anyone have specs for this planned/rumored ICBM?

this is one missile that has been exciting me since I heard about it. But I think pakistan will go step by step like ghauri-I, then shaheen-I, then ghouri 2 then shaheen 2 so it should be ghouri 3 or shaheen 3 of around 3000-3500km range before we go for this one.

what is your opinion on this?

But nowadays missile tests have dried up completely :(

Well, TexasJohn, the question could be asked as to why the United States likes to maintain an ICBM arsenal, why Russia just tested an ICBM recently, by China has 2 different types of operational ICBMs with another already in development and why India has an ICBM program by the name of Surya. But of course, every country will justify its endevours by stating perceived threats, and Pakistan, of all these countries, faces the most conventional and unconventional threats today, many of them, to an extent, due to unnecessary international interference in the region. Pakistan would progress with an ICBM program for its safety, and the question we're asking isn't "why" or "why not", it's "when, what and at what cost".

I, personally, do not think that the need for an ICBM is more immediate or severe than that for, say, Space Launch capability for medium-sized satellite type payloads. However, Ballistic Missile development is already something we have mastered well over the years; Aerospace, unfortunately, isn't. With limited resources, I guess it makes more sense to stick with what you know and develop it further for increased depth in capabilities, and later on, when things improve, adapt what you have developed to expand your breadth of capabilities. Really, there are many credible arguments for-and-against such a venture, but " you can't" or "you won't due to international pressure" are not one of them. I am quite sure such a venture is underway, the program's been in discussion for quite a few years now, and many Army officers have little doubt that it exists.

Edit
I think Vladimir Putin's recent statements below convey some my points. Pakistan is no Russia, of course, and our offensive objectived are not nearly the same, but we're no less concerned about our safety from the "outside" - not just in military affairs but also in international and regional economics, politics, relations etc.

"To preserve the balance, we must develop offensive weapons systems, not missiles defence systems as the United States is doing... By building such an umbrella over themselves our partners could feel themselves fully secure and will do whatever they want, which upsets the balance and aggressiveness immediately increases in real politics and economics."
http://www.france24.com/en/20091229-russia-putin-offensive-arms-missile-defence-usa-preserve-balance
it should be ghouri 3 or shaheen 3 of around 3000-3500km range before we go for this one.

But nowadays missile tests have dried up completely
Development of Ghauri-III is believed to have been completed, but not tested, for obvious reasons. Also, it's not very difficult to understand why missile tests have "dried up". It does't make me sad at all; if anything, I'm optimistic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom