What's new

Taimur: Pakistan's ICBM?

Even if Pakistan has one, or building one i really think it should be a well guarded secret and not made public. We're in the middle of a war and trying to modernize our military. It wouldnt at all be in Pakistan's interests other than making some fan boys happy.

So with the Indian members argument that Pakistan only needs a ICBM if it wants to attack the US or Europe, so is that why India is making it so they may attack the US or Europe. India really does not need more than 3500km to cover China, so why India is doing it. Regarding the meagre resources of Pakistan. At least Pakistan does not have 400 million people living below the poverty line and also India also has 4.5 million child prostitues. So what the hell Indians are talking about. Double talk and terrorism behind the shield of democracy. Ban these bastaardssssss from the forum.:pakistan::pdf:

A valid point but certainly the Indians are not honest enough to acknowledge this. They will at this point most probably say that they don't have such a programme. In any case it's useless arguing with those who intend to be prejudiced.

Well, Until Pakistan doesnt aim to attak US or Europe They dont need it.
It makes sense that they are regularly testing their current missiles for better performance.

Plus, ICBM for Pakistan will be a gr8 Political issue across the globe.
Even Uncle SAM will be feeling Threat.

Isn't India also developing ICBMs? Should other countries be threatened 2?

So with the Indian members argument that Pakistan only needs a ICBM if it wants to attack the US or Europe, so is that why India is making it so they may attack the US or Europe. India really does not need more than 3500km to cover China, so why India is doing it. Regarding the meagre resources of Pakistan. At least Pakistan does not have 400 million people living below the poverty line and also India also has 4.5 million child prostitues. So what the hell Indians are talking about. Double talk and terrorism behind the shield of democracy. Ban these bastaardssssss from the forum.:pakistan::pdf:

Today itself a news article has been posted on the forum that a women was sold in Pakistan.Pakistan has got more people below poverty line than India has.India needs an SLBM to have second strike capability against China.Totally defensive posturing for India.Please post in a dignified language.

Pakistan's ICBM program will surely raise concerns, however, that still does not take away from our rights to pursue this path if deemed necessary. Pakistan is increasingly being used as a pawn in international politics, and a revelation that we are building ICBM and/or Space Launch capabilities would one very solid warning statement. I would whole-heartedly support such a program, especially if the focus is primarily on Space Launch capability.

This said, it is difficult to justify the resources required for such a venture when the greatest threats we face are close to home. I would rather spend these resources on the enhancement, modernization and indigenization of other capabilities. For example, a recent thread about Surface-to-Air capabilities of PAF and PA made me realize the importance of Air Defence in Pakistan's military doctrine. The development or acquisition with ToT of a solid medium and long range Air Defence weapon is essential to protecting Pakistani assets. This goal, in my opinion, is far more justifiable, especially considering the Armed Forces' current doctrine.

Today itself a news article has been posted on the forum that a women was sold in Pakistan.Pakistan has got more people below poverty line than India has.India needs an SLBM to have second strike capability against China.Totally defensive posturing for India.Please post in a dignified language.

So much misinformation in such a small reply.

Firstly:
Pakistani population below the international poverty line: 24%
Indian population below the national poverty like: 25%
Indian population below the international poverty line: 30%

Now, 25% of 1.2 Billion makes almost 300 Million people. That is more than all of Pakistan's population combined (app. 180 Million).

However, this argument is petty. Poverty is a problem on both sides, and I hope both sides can resolve the matter for the interests of the nation and the region.

Secondly:
India's posturing against China is not at all defensive. India has increased the pace of military installations and military base establishment near the Chinese borders in the past decade, despite the fact that China has not done so. India's posturing against China is primarily to justify the accelerated arms build-up, so it is necessary to provoke a response from China to validate the justification. Hence, we see India increasingly stating that China is a threat to India, despite the fact that China has barely ever shown any intention of militarily engaging with India since the Sino-Indian war in 1962.

But of course, you won't buy any of this because to you, China is a legitimate "threat" because Zee TV says so.

Lastly:
The story about the woman being sold does not represent Pakistan. Weird stories come out of everywhere, I'm sure if we were to open a thread to discuss all the BS that goes on in India it would take up half the dedicated bandwidth of this Forum, and thus drive WebMaster pretty crazy. So let's keep the petty finger pointing to a minimum.

Pakistan's ICBM program will surely raise concerns, however, that still does not take away from our rights to pursue this path if deemed necessary. Pakistan is increasingly being used as a pawn in international politics, and a revelation that we are building ICBM and/or Space Launch capabilities would one very solid warning statement. I would whole-heartedly support such a program, especially if the focus is primarily on Space Launch capability.

This said, it is difficult to justify the resources required for such a venture when the greatest threats we face are close to home. I would rather spend these resources on the enhancement, modernization and indigenization of other capabilities. For example, a recent thread about Surface-to-Air capabilities of PAF and PA made me realize the importance of Air Defence in Pakistan's military doctrine. The development or acquisition with ToT of a solid medium and long range Air Defence weapon is essential to protecting Pakistani assets. This goal, in my opinion, is far more justifiable, especially considering the Armed Forces' current doctrine.

So much misinformation in such a small reply.

Firstly:
Pakistani population below the international poverty line: 24%
Indian population below the national poverty like: 25%
Indian population below the international poverty line: 30%

Now, 25% of 1.2 Billion makes almost 300 Million people. That is more than all of Pakistan's population combined (app. 180 Million).

However, this argument is petty. Poverty is a problem on both sides, and I hope both sides can resolve the matter for the interests of the nation and the region.

Secondly:
India's posturing against China is not at all defensive. India has increased the pace of military installations and military base establishment near the Chinese borders in the past decade, despite the fact that China has not done so. India's posturing against China is primarily to justify the accelerated arms build-up, so it is necessary to provoke a response from China to validate the justification. Hence, we see India increasingly stating that China is a threat to India, despite the fact that China has barely ever shown any intention of militarily engaging with India since the Sino-Indian war in 1962.

But of course, you won't buy any of this because to you, China is a legitimate "threat" because Zee TV says so.

Lastly:
The story about the woman being sold does not represent Pakistan. Weird stories come out of everywhere, I'm sure if we were to open a thread to discuss all the BS that goes on in India it would take up half the dedicated bandwidth of this Forum, and thus drive WebMaster pretty crazy. So let's keep the petty finger pointing to a minimum.

Thats why China already target and deployed 1000's their Missile towards India, Medium range and short range from Tibet ;)

Unsettled border dispute , deployment of Army during kargil War shows China , Proliferation of its bomb blue print and First use to Nuclear Weapon , all this indicate to threat,

More over No country or US engaged china in war so why china spending and building army?

ICBM means they can attack - us , europe , china etc.

now why would you want to cut your feeding hands ? pakistan is not that idiot to get in such a big trouble. Making an icbm is not as big a issue that facing the consequences. :cheers:

ICBM means they can attack - us , europe , china etc.

now why would you want to cut your feeding hands ? pakistan is not that idiot to get in such a big trouble. Making an icbm is not as big a issue that facing the consequences. :cheers:

True and agreed.
however counter argument may be, that if Israel can be kept on her toes, and jumpy ;)
this would give more room for diplomacy :D

True and agreed.
however counter argument may be, that if Israel can be kept on her toes, and jumpy ;)
this would give more room for diplomacy :D

There is not so much friction between israel and pakistan that pakistan have to take such evasive step.

i truly believe that - pakistan's defense needs are based on close range. and ICBM is tough but not all that impossible task to build. Pakistan dotn have and dont want to have enemy that far away, :cheers:

If there is one already, we won't (or shouldnt) reveal it until pakistan is in real danger like a war with US is imminent.

its like those childhood fairy tales you hear where a Jinn (Genie) or some Strong influential man has his rooh (soul/spirit) in a tota (parrot) and the other guys get hold of the parrot. :lol:

Well its same with US who has its soul in Israel. As long as you can prove that you can hit Israel, you are safe from US so if this Taimur can strike Israel, we have nothing to worry from US.:D

More seriously though, its pretty unlikely we will openly display an ICBM even if we have one. May be the best option would be to develop a SLV though even that will raise concerns amongst those with technical understandings but on the face of it looks innocent enough.

Why should rich countries have all the funs?!

Any technological achievement by PAK is welcomed.
If they have poverty then they will bring pride to the nation also by technological achievements.

Remember, every country can not do these and they are icon to the Muslim
world in this regard (Military achievements).

I appreciate their future projects.

Last edited:
Taimur Pakistan's ICBM. ?

No. Not for now at least.

Taimur?? You dont have it, you dont need it and more importantly you cant affort it (both in terms of cost and the inevitable International reaction).

I guess pakistanis are pretty obsessed with missiles and stuffs more than anything else.

Would be glad to see them have similar obsession with space tech, IT, agricultural revolution etc.

Last edited:
No. Not for now at least.

Taimur?? You dont have it, you dont need it and more importantly you cant affort it (both in terms of cost and the inevitable International reaction).

I guess pakistanis are pretty obsessed with missiles and stuffs more than anything else.

Would be glad to see them have similar obsession with space tech, IT, agricultural revolution etc.

Dont tel us how much we are capable for ... we already made NUCLEAR Missile out of ur imagination so dont care about us we know how to make ICBM!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom