What's new

Syria uses SAMs to harass Turkish aircraft

some here supporting NATO terrorists, Syria has the right to lock missiles on any military aircraft that gets close to it, especially from terrorists such as AKP... I don't think it is ILLEGAL to defend your country, but of course traitors will hate it .... plus @WebMaster the comment above is insulting ( reported)....

some here supporting NATO terrorists, Syria has the right to lock missiles on any military aircraft that gets close to it, especially from terrorists such as AKP... I don't think it is ILLEGAL to defend your country, but of course traitors will hate it .... plus @WebMaster the comment above is insulting ( reported)....

There is nothing wrong with whatever you do within your borders. BUT when you cross it, then just like you the other the country has a right to defend itself. When Syria illuminates an aircraft within turkish borders, then it becomes a provocation.

Secondly if you are not going to shoot down the aircraft then it's a pretty dumb idea since you are providing your adversaries with useful intelligence on the radar frequencies used by the systems and their engagement envelopes.
"At the same time, by using its Buk-M2Es and Pantsyr-S1Es Syria could be providing Turkey and its allies with useful intelligence on the radar frequencies used by the systems and their engagement envelopes." post #1

Howl and cry you may but you can't justify these actions!

How do they determine which air defence system is targetting the aircrafts ?

We dont need another country entering the conflict ..............

I dont even know why turkey is acting up? it dosent face any threats from syria ..... one aircraft trespassed and was shot down ..... although i have my reservations on the ethics of such an attack but still its their airspace do whatever you want ......

But this stare-down is getting unnerving

There is no need to take ASSad's Air Force seriously, Turkey is able to obliterate them in case of an act of aggression.
well honestly,,,,,,air force of every OIC country is not to be taken seriously,,,,,,,,,,

The Turks took down one jet, a helicopter of his AF already.
and also syrian AF took down one turkish jet,,,, in early days of mutiny,,,,,,,,

I think Syria is a perfect place to test anti-radiation UAV's.

pence_tatbikatinda_turk_yapimi_muhimmat13724341370_h1043843.jpg

Turkish AirForces are training against many Western and Soviet SAM systems in one of the biggest NATO training area called Anatolian Eagles Training center in Konya. In that center, Havelsan developed Electronic warfare and training computers are simulating locks on Turkish and ally fighters. At present, Havelsan computers are able to simulate Buk-M1, Tor-M1 and S-300 like Russian systems but not Buk-M2 and Pantsir. I think Such flights will help us to integrate their radar emitions into Havelsan EHTES to train NATO aircrafts in Turkey.

This system is exported to S. Korea and Pakistan as well.

resim2.jpg

Really? What else? Will you use the 100000% indigenously designed T-129 and the non-south Korean altay and hypersonic anka made with Turkish indigenous engine?
You people went crying to NATO after the Syrians sent one of your F-4's to the bottom of the sea and you're big mouthing?

Your military is propaganda and your masters in NATO tell you what to do. Where would you be without NATO?
The Syrian missile forces are enough to flatten a few of your cities, so far, they've been reluctant to reply to your provocation. Keep helping the al qeada by giving them arms and passage to Syria and forget this big mouthing.

They are only following orders from their masters. The Turks are just puppets, NATO gives them some fee technology and keeps them in line.

You should grow up more to deserve a serious answer of mine dude.

Last edited:
^^^

More Turkish propaganda from this guy. Yes sure, you guys are a fearsome superpower.:lol:
It was not long ago when you was crying to NATO was it?
You guys are only strong on the internet. In real life, even the PKK handles your military with ease.

As I said above, You are in a wrong adress for trolling. If you want to be taken into consideration, You should grow up more to get a serious response of mine, Otherwise, Don't make your fingers tired with typing such childless things that has nothing to do with actual subject of thread.

More Turkish propaganda from this guy. Yes sure, you guys are a fearsome superpower.:lol:
It was not long ago when you was crying to NATO was it?
You guys are only strong on the internet. In real life, even the PKK handles your military with ease.
You're just pissed that NATO brought PATRIOTs and your only real weapons ballistic missiles became irrelevant with one move

You don't have sh*t, your cards are empty. We didn't even start playing yet

BTW, Those radar emitions received by systems are going to help us to develop a counter electronic attack thanks to Aselsan developed ED/ET systems. With this way, While Syrian operators are wasting their times with trying to find answer of "Why those radars are not working properly?", Turkish fighters have already been started dropping bombs over them.

As Legionnaire said, Cat-Mouse game is not commenced yet.

aselsan-electronic-attack.jpg

Exelis to provide EW jammer pods to Turkish air force F-16 jets in $75.3 million contract
CLIFTON, N.J., March 20, 2014 – Exelis (NYSE: XLS) has received an award totaling more than $36 million to provide electronic warfare (EW) equipment, spares and support services to the Turkish Air Force. When fully definitized, the contract could be valued at up to $80 million.

Under the foreign military sales contract issued by the Warner Robins Air Logistics Center at Robins Air Force Base, Ga., Exelis will supply Turkey with Advanced Integrated Defensive Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS) systems to protect its F-16 fighter jets from a range of advanced and evolving electronic threats.

Exelis will supply Turkey with the pod variant of the AIDEWS system, the ALQ-211(V)9, which is carried externally rather than installed into the aircraft like its internal counterpart, the ALQ-211(V)4. Though the two variants offer similar capabilities and interchangeable components, the pod offers greater flexibility, as it can be installed or removed based on mission requirements. Exelis previously supplied 30 ALQ-211(V)4 systems to Turkey under a separate contract in 2009.

“AIDEWS will enable Turkey to stay ahead of sophisticated emerging threats,” said Joe Rambala, vice president and general manager of the Exelis integrated electronic warfare systems business. “The contract furthers our electronic warfare strategic growth platform, as we continue to provide advanced, affordable and reliable solutions for U.S. and allied forces.”

Exelis has been producing mission-enabling EW technologies for the U.S. and global allies for more than 50 years. Along with tactical aircraft systems like AIDEWS, Exelis also provides advanced EW capabilities for large, strategic long-range aircraft including the B-1B and B-52, as well as special operations MH-47, MH-60 and AH-64D Apache helicopters.

Exelis Electronic Systems (ES) is the lead division for the company’s electronic warfare strategic growth platform and provides advanced and integrated EW solutions to protect and enable customers to perform their critical missions. The ES facility in Clifton, N.J., will produce the systems with deliveries to Turkey expected to begin in mid-2016.
Exelis to provide Turkish Air Force with additional advanced electronic warfare technology

Exelis to provide EW jammer pods to Turkish air force F-16 jets in $75.3 million contract - Military & Aerospace Electronics

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom