What's new

SU-30 MKI EQUIPMENT DETAILS..................anyone??

Super MKI will have engine based on AL 31FP but it will have life of 6,000 hours instead of 2,000 hours and thrust of 15,000 kg

No most probably we will be going for product 117s engine of su-35 s which in turn is upgraded al-31f..........so i guess u are right!!

What is the point of having good radar when BVR missile scuks with no proved record .Su30MKI is just seating duck for AMRAAM-120C5 which is proven in combat.

Oh whoa.........sitting duck!!

No most probably we will be going for product 117s engine of su-35 s which in turn is upgraded al-31f..........so i guess u are right!!

Oh whoa.........sitting duck!!

117S engine has thrust of 14,500 kg

The upgradation u are saying will take 5-10 years as * 1)bars pesa has hardware limit(how much more can u stretch it)
what hardware limit ? when the manufacturers themselves are proposing to upgrade it to an aesa eventually ?
* 2)the aesa u are proposing dosen't even exist on paper,heck pakfa aesa will be ready only in 2015!! * What till then??
the pakfa aesa as it is will not go in to Indian FGFA, there will be modifications as per iaf requirement, then there will be flight tests etc.Russia is yet to fit a production version aesa in to any of it's fighters, even Russia is buying su30m now, so is Malaysia.correctly brahmose integration, range increase *and short term upgrade is important,then it will be equal to what Chinese is having.
* And regarding mig-29 i have already explained that its upgradation was more to do with money than ensuring better capabilities.
I guess it's not only about money but aesa development and population would have taken more time.
My problem is that we have upgraded only the software of bars m in the last 6-8 years and its not enough for a dedicated air superiority fighter when better alternatives are available from the same company(irbis e)
we have upgraded the one of the computers also. peak power can also be upgraded if we want in the next upgrade, may be that's how they are proposing to increase the range. we can't jump on every alternative which requires replacement of entire radar with new radar, that too a pesa.common sense says try to retain the same system, upgrade it gradually to a aesa rather than jump on to a entirely new powerful Pesa, then to a aesa, it's a waste of time and money.current bars can increase it's range and peak power to make it comparable to Chinese pesa.
I understand u want aesa only..........me too...........but it would take like 6-8 years to fructify as its not even planned man The only possibility as i stated in page 1 is zhuk-ae which is undergoing testing right now with bigger antena and>1000 t/r elements and maybe become operational *in 2-3 years * All i want is that current new produced sukhoi's (the last batch) come with irbis e instead of bars......simple:cheers:
1)we need maximum commonality with existing systems 2)going for irbis e means 2-3 years *delay with flight testing and integration,production,maintenance, spares,pilot training, whole lot of things..it will interrupt the flow mki induction.why all that trouble when we can upgrade our existing radar to *get more range and power out of it. You can't always go for the new toy in town dumping what you have in hand. why didn't Malaysia *or Russia go for irbis e pesa with their su30m ? why is it irbis e is not there in other Russian flankers ? how many are they replacing with irbis e ?

what hardware limit ? when the manufacturers themselves are proposing to upgrade it to an aesa eventually ? the pakfa aesa as it is will not go in to Indian FGFA, there will be modifications as per iaf requirement, then there will be flight tests etc.Russia is yet to fit a production version aesa in to any of it's fighters, even Russia is buying su30m now, so is Malaysia.correctly brahmose integration, range increase *and short term upgrade is important,then it will be equal to what Chinese is having. I guess it's not only about money but aesa development and population would have taken more time. we have upgraded the one of the computers also. peak power can also be upgraded if we want in the next upgrade, may be that's how they are proposing to increase the range. we can't jump on every alternative which requires replacement of entire radar with new radar, that too a pesa.common sense says try to retain the same system, upgrade it gradually to a aesa rather than jump on to a entirely new powerful Pesa, then to a aesa, it's a waste of time and money.current bars can increase it's range and peak power to make it comparable to Chinese pesa. 1)we need maximum commonality with existing systems 2)going for irbis e means 2-3 years *delay with flight testing and integration,production,maintenance, spares,pilot training, whole lot of things..it will interrupt the flow mki induction.why all that trouble when we can upgrade our existing radar to *get more range and power out of it. You can't always go for the new toy in town dumping what you have in hand. why didn't Malaysia *or Russia go for irbis e pesa with their su30m ? why is it irbis e is not there in other Russian flankers ? how many are they replacing with irbis e ?

let me help u here a bit

1)the only improvement that bars can undergo is software......................and a pesa cannot be upgraded to an aesa as both are fundamentally diff just like a pulse doppler radar cannot be 'upgraded to pesa'!!!

It can only be 'replaced ' by a diff unit............got it??

2)Who told u we will go for diff version of pakfa aesa,i challenge u for a link..............do u think they will for our pakfa,this is develop a new 'better aesa' for fgfa??this is hilarious

3)Understand very well that mig 29 was never getting an aesa but what about zhuk-mse which is a pesa and far superior to useless zhuk-m!!!

4)Give me a source for ur claims...........by the way right now peak power of bars is 8kw max..........irbis-e is at 18 kw

Both radars are generation apart and pls admit it

5)Russia has been producing irbis-e for a while now and it was in testing for like 5 years before that,,,,,,is IAF so foolish that it will start testing a proven radar again,no.

6)Irbis-e is costly man,,,,,,,,,u get what u pay and malaysia has no plans to upgrade its su-30..........but we do have

By the way pls post links for some of ur outrageous claims

let me help u here a bit

1)the only improvement that bars can undergo is software......................and a pesa cannot be upgraded to an aesa as both are fundamentally diff just like a pulse doppler radar cannot be 'upgraded to pesa'!!!

It can only be 'replaced ' by a diff unit............got it??

2)Who told u we will go for diff version of pakfa aesa,i challenge u for a link..............do u think they will for our pakfa,this is develop a new 'better aesa' for fgfa??this is hilarious

3)Understand very well that mig 29 was never getting an aesa but what about zhuk-mse which is a pesa and far superior to useless zhuk-m!!!

4)Give me a source for ur claims...........by the way right now peak power of bars is 8kw max..........irbis-e is at 18 kw

Both radars are generation apart and pls admit it

5)Russia has been producing irbis-e for a while now and it was in testing for like 5 years before that,,,,,,is IAF so foolish that it will start testing a proven radar again,no.

6)Irbis-e is costly man,,,,,,,,,u get what u pay and malaysia has no plans to upgrade its su-30..........but we do have

By the way pls post links for some of ur outrageous claims

And i would appreciate if we consult dr somnath on this too.....................is he ur friend??

let me help u here a bit * 1)the only improvement that bars can undergo is software......................and a pesa cannot be upgraded to an aesa as both are fundamentally diff just like a pulse doppler radar cannot be 'upgraded to pesa'!!! * It can only be 'replaced ' by a diff unit............got it??
the point is to make lesser hardware changes as possible. it can be converted into an aesa with software changes and few hardware changes(replacing radar arrays), that Is what the Russians said, that's what French done with their old Rafale radars. * "The RBE2-AA radar system is an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system derived from the Rafale's RBE2 radar. It replaces the mechanically steered array antenna by electronically steering exerted by up to several thousand of transmit/ receive modules which enable maximum performance and versatility as well as enhanced reliability. " "The so-called ‘first stage’ Zhuk-AE (also designated FGA-29 with 1,064 T/R modules) that was shown in Bengaluru in February 2007 was a modernised version of the mechanically-scanned Zhuk-ME radar fitted with an AESA antenna. It retained the existing computing system with data processor, signal processor and software, as well as the clock generator . The Zhuk- AE/FGA-29 radar can be series-produced by retrofitting the present Zhuk-ME radar." * Tikhomirov NIIP, on the other hand, is busy developing its X-band AESA radar for fitment on to both the Su-35BM and the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft that will be co-developed by Russia’s United Aircraft Corp and India’s state- owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL). Thus far, three prototype AESAs have been built and are now undergoing laboratory tests, with the first functional unit due to enter the flight-test phase in 2010, and the series- produced radars entering service by 2015. The AESA’s front-end antenna array will also be offered for integration with the existing NO-11M ‘Bars’ PESA radars by 2014. * *
* 2)Who told u we will go for diff version of pakfa aesa,i challenge u for a link..............do u think they will *for our pakfa,this is develop a new 'better aesa' for fgfa??this is hilarious
not so different to call it different version but probably replacement of processors,radar control systems, software, other sub systems to meet iaf requirements, the radar system as it is will not be fitted in Indian version. *
mig 29k's of navy will serve as for at least 30 years, so India most probably *will go for a aesa upgrade on Next MLU.
as I understand peak power is 4-5kw(1.2k on three channels each).NIIP Suggested that customers can modify peak power if they want to.
* Both radars are generation apart and pls admit it
I don't see any compiling need to upgrade to irbis e when we can upgrade our existing system for more power and range and later make it a aesa by converting the arreys and few systems.
I know irbis e as a standalone system is tested and under operation, I am talking about integration tests with mki, the money and time doesn't worth the advantage given our future plans.
what about the new Russian su30m, which radar are planning to use *? apparently an upgraded version of existing N011M. irbis e is costly, integration will take time, so let's continue with our original plan and *upgrade gradually to an aesa.
* And i would appreciate if we consult dr somnath on this too.....................is he ur friend??
* he is our Rafale fanboy:p:.

the point is to make lesser hardware changes as possible. it can be converted into an aesa with software changes and few hardware changes(replacing radar arrays), that Is what the Russians said, that's what French done with their old Rafale radars. * "The RBE2-AA radar system is an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar system derived from the Rafale's RBE2 radar. It replaces the mechanically steered array antenna by electronically steering exerted by up to several thousand of transmit/ receive modules which enable maximum performance and versatility as well as enhanced reliability. " "The so-called ‘first stage’ Zhuk-AE (also designated FGA-29 with 1,064 T/R modules) that was shown in Bengaluru in February 2007 was a modernised version of the mechanically-scanned Zhuk-ME radar fitted with an AESA antenna. It retained the existing computing system with data processor, signal processor and software, as well as the clock generator . The Zhuk- AE/FGA-29 radar can be series-produced by retrofitting the present Zhuk-ME radar." * Tikhomirov NIIP, on the other hand, is busy developing its X-band AESA radar for fitment on to both the Su-35BM and the Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft that will be co-developed by Russia’s United Aircraft Corp and India’s state- owned Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL). Thus far, three prototype AESAs have been built and are now undergoing laboratory tests, with the first functional unit due to enter the flight-test phase in 2010, and the series- produced radars entering service by 2015. The AESA’s front-end antenna array will also be offered for integration with the existing NO-11M ‘Bars’ PESA radars by 2014. * * not so different to call it different version but probably replacement of processors,radar control systems, software, other sub systems to meet iaf requirements, the radar system as it is will not be fitted in Indian version. * mig 29k's of navy will serve as for at least 30 years, so India most probably *will go for a aesa upgrade on Next MLU. as I understand peak power is 4-5kw(1.2k on three channels each).NIIP Suggested that customers can modify peak power if they want to. I don't see any compiling need to upgrade to irbis e when we can upgrade our existing system for more power and range and later make it a aesa by converting the arreys and few systems. I know irbis e as a standalone system is tested and under operation, I am talking about integration tests with mki, the money and time doesn't worth the advantage given our future plans. what about the new Russian su30m, which radar are planning to use *? apparently an upgraded version of existing N011M. irbis e is costly, integration will take time, so let's continue with our original plan and *upgrade gradually to an aesa. * he is our Rafale fanboy:p:.
U are right about upgrade progra,no doubt but pls understand this,,,,,niip can keep on claiming anything but i have posted few links before and all point to zhuk-ae upgrade as its in testing right now

Whatever u wrote now is in a magazine cutting(go to page 1 section on radars)

The basic diff is that in aesa indivisual modules have independent supply and its not the case in pesa.
They may increase the power by 1-2 kw thats it as the original bars had power of 4.8-5 kw and in this timw we have achieved 7-8 kw peak power.So its possible we can go to like 10 kw.And if u are saying 2014 for aesa upgrade as mentioned in article its a god news but we haven't heard about super suand it was supposed to be signed last year!!Btw i want an aesa badly dude as we will be potent only after it

But for a flanker with its huge rcs we need a phenomenol range of radar ,atleast 200 km to offset this disadvantage and see other bird first and this magazine interview clearly shows that niip axtually...DON'T HAVE A SOLUTION READY!!

Russia will get like 48 su-35s till 2015 end with irbis-e and start pakfa with aesa production in 2016 so they are well covered and don't require upgradation of su-30,,,,would we have done it had we were ordering su-35s??noBys m the wayon the basis of our current plan till 2018 or so when the rafales start coming our best radar will be bars m and second best being zhuk-m!!!
As for russia they will have N050,irbis-e,bars m and zhuk-m(all).So they have been way more clever than us ordering su-35s before su-30sm as its a way more potent platform

Mig 29k has just started flying and its mlu will be 10 years down the line and flying these years with zhuk-m is just bad option.Now pls refer to previous page on zhuk m characteristics,its a very lowly radar man

Anyway dude pls call somnath,,,,,we need more ppl to discuss,i haven't seen him for a while

U are right about upgrade progra,no doubt but pls understand this,,,,,niip can keep on claiming anything but i have posted few links before and all point to zhuk-ae upgrade as its in testing right now
stop repeating self attested arguments again and again, French has done it, Tikhomirov director himself says that they can do it, that means it's real and coming. [QUOTE Whatever u wrote now is in a magazine cutting(go to page 1 section on radars) * The basic diff is that in aesa indivisual modules have independent supply and its not the case in pesa. They may increase the power by 1-2 kw thats it as the original bars had power of 4.8-5 kw and in this timw we have achieved 7-8 kw peak power.So its possible we can go to like 10 kw.And if u are saying 2014 for aesa upgrade as mentioned in article its a god news but we haven't heard about super suand it was supposed to be signed last year!!Btw i want an aesa badly dude as we will be potent only after it [/QUOTE] I am not aware of any power increase done with our N011m bars, provide source if you refute. range and power increase should come at 2015-2016 period.
But for a flanker with its huge rcs we need a phenomenol range of radar ,atleast 200 km to offset this disadvantage and see other bird first and this magazine interview clearly shows that niip axtually...DON'T HAVE A SOLUTION READY!!
we don't need a huge increase in radar range, but a modest increase and RCS reduction to the level of 3m2 will do the rest.
Russia will get like 48 su-35s till 2015 end with irbis-e and start pakfa with aesa production in 2016 so they are well covered and don't require upgradation of su-30,,,,would we have done it had we were ordering su-35s??noBys m *the wayon the basis of our current plan till 2018 or so when the rafales start coming our best radar will be bars m and second best being zhuk-m!!! As for russia they will have N050,irbis-e,bars m and zhuk-m(all).So they have been way more clever than us ordering su-35s before su-30sm as its a way more potent platform
* if Russia have irbis e we will also have upgraded N011M by 2016. if Russia will have pakfa aesa by 2016 we will have Rafale by 2017-2018. pakfa will come by 2020-2022. upgrades Pesa bars will be more or less *equal to Chinese Pesa. Rafale will be better than Chinese flankers. fgfa will be equal to j20.
Mig 29k has just started flying and its mlu will be 10 years down the line and flying these years with zhuk-m is just bad option.Now pls refer to previous page on zhuk m characteristics,its a very lowly radar man * Anyway dude pls call somnath,,,,,we need more ppl to discuss,i haven't seen him for a while
mig 29k uses zuk me, zuk mse is a larger radar for flanker variants, bigger size so bigger range, fitting it on mig might have taken more time? @sancho
@Abingdonboy by the time Chinese are ready with a real operational carrier we will have LCA mk2 with aesa and mig aesa upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whatever u wrote now is in a magazine cutting(go to page 1 section on radars)

The basic diff is that in aesa indivisual modules have independent supply and its not the case in pesa.
They may increase the power by 1-2 kw thats it as the original bars had power of 4.8-5 kw and in this timw we have achieved 7-8 kw peak power.So its possible we can go to like 10 kw.And if u are saying 2014 for aesa upgrade as mentioned in article its a god news but we haven't heard about super suand it was supposed to be signed last year!!Btw i want an aesa badly dude as we will be potent only after it

Russia will get like 48 su-35s till 2015 end with irbis-e and start pakfa with aesa production in 2016 so they are well covered and don't require upgradation of su-30,,,,would we have done it had we were ordering su-35s??noBys m the wayon the basis of our current plan till 2018 or so when the rafales start coming our best radar will be bars m and second best being zhuk-m!!!
As for russia they will have N050,irbis-e,bars m and zhuk-m(all).So they have been way more clever than us ordering su-35s before su-30sm as its a way more potent platform

Mig 29k has just started flying and its mlu will be 10 years down the line and flying these years with zhuk-m is just bad option.Now pls refer to previous page on zhuk m characteristics,its a very lowly radar man

Anyway dude pls call somnath,,,,,we need more ppl to discuss,i haven't seen him for a while

Technically speaking our MKIS are still top of the game in asia.The bars is still the best mass scale operational radar around here.And the upgrade is coming along nicely.We are not at any technical disadvantage because chinese deal of su-35s has fallen off.

As for mig-29K the paks have no answer and it can go toe to toe with j-15s even though chinese air wing is still testing and won't have power projection capability in IOR for over a decade until they have at least 3 operational carriers.

Technically speaking our MKIS are still top of the game in asia.The bars is still the best mass scale operational radar around here.And the upgrade is coming along nicely.We are not at any technical disadvantage because chinese deal of su-35s has fallen off.

As for mig-29K the paks have no answer and it can go toe to toe with j-15s even though chinese air wing is still testing and won't have power projection capability in IOR for over a decade until they have at least 3 operational carriers.

I will advice u to go to page 1 for the reality check on bars m please!!!

stop repeating self attested arguments again and again, French has done it, Tikhomirov director himself says that they can do it, that means it's real and coming. [QUOTE Whatever u wrote now is in a magazine cutting(go to page 1 section on radars) * The basic diff is that in aesa indivisual modules have independent supply and its not the case in pesa. They may increase the power by 1-2 kw thats it as the original bars had power of 4.8-5 kw and in this timw we have achieved 7-8 kw peak power.So its possible we can go to like 10 kw.And if u are saying 2014 for aesa upgrade as mentioned in article its a god news but we haven't heard about super suand it was supposed to be signed last year!!Btw i want an aesa badly dude as we will be potent only after it
I am not aware of any power increase done with our N011m bars, provide source if you refute. range and power increase should come at 2015-2016 period. we don't need a huge increase in radar range, but a modest increase and RCS reduction to the level of 3m2 will do the rest. * if Russia have irbis e we will also have upgraded N011M by 2016. if Russia will have pakfa aesa by 2016 we will have Rafale by 2017-2018. pakfa will come by 2020-2022. upgrades Pesa bars will be more or less *equal to Chinese Pesa. Rafale will be better than Chinese flankers. fgfa will be equal to j20. mig 29k uses zuk me, zuk mse is a larger radar for flanker variants, bigger size so bigger range, fitting it on mig might have taken more time? @sancho
@Abingdonboy by the time Chinese are ready with a real operational carrier we will have LCA mk2 with aesa and mig aesa upgrade.[/QUOTE]

DUDE WHY DON'T U READ PAGE 1!!!
PLS GO THERE

ZHUK M IS A SIMPLE PULSE DOPPLER RADAR VS ZHUK MSE WHICH IS A PESA!!!

no comparison man,,,,at all

And before u go on any further pls at ur own level compare apg-68 with zhuk me and u will not be happy i promise

By the way french didn't upgrade their rbe2 pesa,they replaced it.......and their aesa was in testing for 5 years before production and mki aesa is not even on drawing board,so zhuk ae may be preferred:cheers:

I will advice u to go to page 1 for the reality check on bars m please!!!

I am not aware of any power increase done with our N011m bars, provide source if you refute. range and power increase should come at 2015-2016 period. we don't need a huge increase in radar range, but a modest increase and RCS reduction to the level of 3m2 will do the rest. * if Russia have irbis e we will also have upgraded N011M by 2016. if Russia will have pakfa aesa by 2016 we will have Rafale by 2017-2018. pakfa will come by 2020-2022. upgrades Pesa bars will be more or less *equal to Chinese Pesa. Rafale will be better than Chinese flankers. fgfa will be equal to j20. mig 29k uses zuk me, zuk mse is a larger radar for flanker variants, bigger size so bigger range, fitting it on mig might have taken more time? @sancho
@Abingdonboy by the time Chinese are ready with a real operational carrier we will have LCA mk2 with aesa and mig aesa upgrade.

PLS GO THERE

And before u go on any further pls at ur own level compare apg-68 with zhuk me and u will not be happy i promise

By the way french didn't upgrade their rbe2 pesa,they replaced it.......and their aesa was in testing for 5 years before production and mki aesa is not even on drawing board,so zhuk ae may be preferred:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Sir chinese use this radar :

Zhuk-MSE radar: Zhuk-MS has been replaced by its successor, Zhuk-MSE in the incremental upgrades of Su-30MKK, and previous Zhuk-MS are being upgraded to the Zhuk-MSE level. In comparison to Zhuk-MS radar, most performance parameter remain the same, but the number of ground targets that can be simultaneously engaged is increased to four from the original two. Like Zhuk-MS, this radar has also been erroneously reported to be a phased array radar when in fact, it utilizes a slotted planar array antenna. Phazotron the designer has claimed the new radar has better ECCM capabilities than earlier radars.

Sir I have been observing an alarmist tendency in your posts. Kindly seek facts than jump at nonsense conclusions.

PLS GO THERE

By the way french didn't upgrade their rbe2 pesa,they replaced it.......and their aesa was in testing for 5 years before production and mki aesa is not even on drawing board,so zhuk ae may be preferred:cheers:

Zhuk-MSE radar: Zhuk-MS has been replaced by its successor, Zhuk-MSE in the incremental upgrades of Su-30MKK, and previous Zhuk-MS are being upgraded to the Zhuk-MSE level. In comparison to Zhuk-MS radar, most performance parameter remain the same, but the number of ground targets that can be simultaneously engaged is increased to four from the original two. Like Zhuk-MS, this radar has also been erroneously reported to be a phased array radar when in fact, it utilizes a slotted planar array antenna. Phazotron the designer has claimed the new radar has better ECCM capabilities than earlier radars.

Sir I have been observing an alarmist tendency in your posts. Kindly seek facts than jump at nonsense conclusions.[/QUOTE]

Dude do some reading first

zhuk -m is a pulse doppler radar

as for zhuk mse

Zhuk-MSE

and tell me why they are same!!!don't bullshit around

Sir I have been observing an alarmist tendency in your posts. Kindly seek facts than jump at nonsense conclusions.

Dude do some reading first

zhuk -m is a pulse doppler radar

as for zhuk mse

Zhuk-MSE

and tell me why they are same!!!don't bullshit around[/QUOTE]

does these look same to u?

zhuk-mse

Zhuk-MSFE-ESA-1S.jpg

zhuk-m

mig29-zhukm-radar3.jpg

also read this

http://www.rfdh.com/ez/system/db/lib_jnl/upload/2931/[MWJ0401]_Got_You_Covered.pdf

and u still think that zhuk-m is an advanced radar.......hats off to ur patriotism sir!!!

let me open ur eyes further.....f-16 block 52 uses this radar,now compare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/APG-68

The only thing is that zhuk mse is large and cannot fit in mig-29 but calling zhuk m superior is like...........what can i say

My point is simple............we must atleast look for an international solution into the mig 29 radars if phazotron niir is unable to give a competitive solution and zhuk-m is certainly not a competitive one

My point is simple............we must atleast look for an international solution into the mig 29 radars if phazotron niir is unable to give a competitive solution and zhuk-m is certainly not a competitive one

We have a PESA for a mig 29UPG. Chinese have the doppler I showed. It's on info page of SU 30MKK.

maks2005d1229.jpg

Notice the antennas. Go crazy! :cheers:

We have a PESA for a mig 29UPG. Chinese have the doppler I showed. It's on info page of SU 30MKK.

What are u talking about??
pesa for upg??

post a link saying that as the best radar for ANY mig -29 is zhuk-m as the pevious zhuk radar for mig 29 had a range of only 80 km

Now ppl don't like to read these fogures but truth be told.........we have no qualitative advantage over anyone,its just a myth that i have busted with this thread........u are free to ask anyone if i am wrong with my figures

pls read

"MiG-29UPG
The Indian UPG version is similar to the SMT variant but differs by having a foreign-made avionics suite integrated within it, in the so called, "international avionics suite".[44] The weapons suite is the same as the SMT and K/KUB versions.[44] The design is a new modification intended for the MiG-29s used by Indian Air Force. It made its maiden flight on 4 February 2011. The standard includes the new Zhuk-M radar, new avionics, a IFR probe as well as new enhanced RD-33 series 3 turbojet engines. The modernization is part of a $900 million contract to upgrade the 69 fighters fleet."

As for chinese having only pulse doppler pls open ur eyes to this and then came and talk

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/121135-j-10b-radar-indeed-aesa.html

What are u talking about??
pesa for upg??

post a link saying that as the best radar for ANY mig -29 is zhuk-m as the pevious zhuk radar for mig 29 had a range of only 80 km

Now ppl don't like to read these fogures but truth be told.........we have no qualitative advantage over anyone,its just a myth that i have busted with this thread........u are free to ask anyone if i am wrong with my figures

pls read

"MiG-29UPG
The Indian UPG version is similar to the SMT variant but differs by having a foreign-made avionics suite integrated within it, in the so called, "international avionics suite".[44] The weapons suite is the same as the SMT and K/KUB versions.[44] The design is a new modification intended for the MiG-29s used by Indian Air Force. It made its maiden flight on 4 February 2011. The standard includes the new Zhuk-M radar, new avionics, a IFR probe as well as new enhanced RD-33 series 3 turbojet engines. The modernization is part of a $900 million contract to upgrade the 69 fighters fleet."

As for chinese having only pulse doppler pls open ur eyes to this and then came and talk

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/121135-j-10b-radar-indeed-aesa.html

Here are pics from a Chinese website on PESA radar for J10B.

x3trN.jpg

zLmvc.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/chinese-defence/111471-j-20-5th-generation-aircraft-updates-discussions-197.html

J-10B_AESA.jpg

Compare pics.
PS : That thread is rubbish. Chinese Defence Forum , has a better and more credible one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom