What's new

Status of russian prisoners in Ukraine

Some users here posted videos where captured russians got executed by ukrainian forces and claimed this to be war crimes.

Its not war crimes. Russia denies that there is a war in Ukraine and calls it special military operation. It is illegal in russia to call it a war and punishable up to 15 years prison.

Russia did not declare war on Ukraine and simply attacked. Its forces hold the status of irregular combatants and the geneva convention cant be used on them. Since there is no war according to Russia, its forces cant be prisoners of war. Captured soldiers are thus irregular combatants, similar to ISIS or partisan groups.

The "detaining power" may choose to accord the individual the rights and privileges of a prisoner of war as described in the Third Geneva Convention, but is not required to do so.

Which means Ukraine can take them prisoner or execute them.
:dance3:

The US never declared war since 1941. According to @Apollon it's alright to execute US POWs on the spot.

@WebMaster @The Eagle @waz

Please close this troll thread and give @Apollon a holiday.
I fully support Tai. This guy has sent me some weird PM's and he is definitely not right.

Need his psychiatrist.
It's weird,because he has been calling for Russia's extermination and financial destruction for days and days,but accuses people,me included,of "cheering about the atrocities against the Ukrainian population" and kept saying that I laughed at "massacres". Meanwhile,he repeatedly showed no remorse about dead immigrants when discussing in other threads,considers Chinese,Russians and other Asians as inferior and now talks about Geneva convention and accuses people who don't agree with him...of laughing at the misery of the Ukrainian people.

I think he needs a permanent ban. Every time he comes back,he only starts fights with everyone.

It's weird,because he has been calling for Russia's extermination and financial destruction for days and days,but accuses people,me included,of "cheering about the atrocities against the Ukrainian population" and kept saying that I laughed at "massacres". Meanwhile,he repeatedly showed no remorse about dead immigrants when discussing in other threads,considers Chinese,Russians and other Asians as inferior and now talks about Geneva convention and accuses people who don't agree with him...of laughing at the misery of the Ukrainian people.

I think he needs a permanent ban. Every time he comes back,he only starts fights with everyone.

I think he is a self hater. Poor guy.

I think he is a self hater. Poor guy.

I love myself.

You may disagree with my opinion, fact remains that russian combatants are irregular fighters and geneva convention doesnt work for them.

You cant be prisoner of war when your own government says there is no war.

Some users here posted videos where captured russians got executed by ukrainian forces and claimed this to be war crimes.

Its not war crimes. Russia denies that there is a war in Ukraine and calls it special military operation. It is illegal in russia to call it a war and punishable up to 15 years prison.

Russia did not declare war on Ukraine and simply attacked. Its forces hold the status of irregular combatants and the geneva convention cant be used on them. Since there is no war according to Russia, its forces cant be prisoners of war. Captured soldiers are thus irregular combatants, similar to ISIS or partisan groups.

The "detaining power" may choose to accord the individual the rights and privileges of a prisoner of war as described in the Third Geneva Convention, but is not required to do so.

Which means Ukraine can take them prisoner or execute them.
Equally if there is no war then the same applies to Ukrainian dead. Stupid logic and nit picking

Equally if there is no war then the same applies to Ukrainian dead. Stupid logic and nit picking

Wrong, since Ukraine was attacked.

It doesnt matter anyways. Since Russia even murders women and children its doubtful they treat ukrainian soldiers well.

As you said yourself "should". Its optional.

In my opinion they should not be killed. They can dig out graves for the killed russians and also rebuild infrastructure.

On the other hand its Ukraine that gets attacked and i dont judge them.

You are being contradictory and providing no solution at all. I agree with @Tai Hai Chen that this thread should be closed.

Yes, @Apollon, there is a Special Military Operation going on so what do you mean by "There is no war" ? How do you think Russia should treat all the psychopaths coming from various parts of the world into Ukraine to help the Ukrainian Nazi criminals ?

Expert on torture are you! I'm not comfortable on this subject but I look at what Putin is doing and understand that certain niceties wither in the wind when your country, children are being blown to smithereens

Expert on torture are you! I'm not comfortable on this subject but I look at what Putin is doing and understand that certain niceties wither in the wind when your country, children are being blown to smithereens

What is Putin doing ?

Russian logic: Do terrible things. Deny them. Do more terrible things. Deny them.

Your information is from NATO sources. Why should you believe that it is true ? In recent history just look at what NATO alleged about the Libyan Jamahiriya and Syria during and after 2011 all this while NATO itself has done actual terrible things since its establishment in 1949.

Your information is from NATO sources. Why should you believe that it is true ? In recent history just look at what NATO alleged about the Libyan Jamahiriya and Syria during and after 2011 all this while NATO itself has done actual terrible things since its establishment in 1949.

There's something seriously wrong with people that question everything even when the proof there in front of their eyes.

There's something seriously wrong with people that question everything even when the proof there in front of their eyes.

But there is no definitive proof. It is Russia demanding demanding investigation by whatever UNSC committee for the Bucha incidents and it is Britain ( part of NATO ) which is taking lead in refusing to allow the investigation. Additionally, Russia should document the known crimes committed by the Ukrainian military whether against Russian personnel or against Ukrainian civilians.

Back
Top Bottom