Sri Lanka VS West Indies: ICC World Cup T20 FINAL

150798.jpg

150796.jpg

150794.jpg

150793.jpg

150789.jpg

150788.jpg

150787.jpg

Wagon jumper...hmmmm.....I don't have to say anything, we all know....

Congrats to WI. They deserved it.

Congrats to WI, its been long time since they won major tournament. Well played SL for consistently reaching final.

Looks like GANGNAM style has caught on in T20!!

Never understand how your thought process works. Had Sri Lanka won the match you would have said they were South Asians, and by that you would refer to it as part of Greater India. I bet you would have applied the same logic to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis if again they had had the same kind of success. :lol:

Just because they have a hindu name, does not mean they are Indian. They are playing for WI, so credit should be given to WI.

Many Indians were supporting West Indies from the beginning
Reasons

1) West Indies desperately needed this victory, it will restrengthen the relationship between players and WI cricket association. Last decade was the worst for the WI cricket and a victory like this can make things right

2) Many of West Indies players are IPL heroes and have huge fan following from different parts of India { Gayle (Bangalore) Smith,Pollard (Mumbai) S Narine(Kolkata) }

3) Under Dog Mentality :chilli:

Many Indians were supporting West Indies from the beginning
Reasons

1) West Indies desperately needed this victory, it will restrengthen the relationship between players and WI cricket association. Last decade was the worst for the WI cricket and a victory like this can make things right

2) Many of West Indies players are IPL heroes and have huge fan following from different parts of India { Gayle (Bangalore) Smith,Pollard (Mumbai) S Narine(Kolkata) }

3) Under Dog Mentality :chilli:

Plus, many in Tamil Nadu dont like them, Lankans :)

You guys are too funny and creative (even if this not your original work).

Man, I am happy to see the Windies win. I had actually preferred them even over Pakistan lifting up the cup and had said so earlier even when Pakistan was in the contention.
Let's hope the glory days of Windies cricket are back after a looong time! It was sad to read a few years ago that Windies may have to suffer the qualifying rounds to make to international tournaments.

Wanted the cup to be in hands of a Subcontinent team.

But then again not so disappointed as West Indies was an underdog.

Congrats West Indies!

Never understand how your thought process works. Had Sri Lanka won the match you would have said they were South Asians, and by that you would refer to it as part of Greater India. I bet you would have applied the same logic to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis if again they had had the same kind of success. :lol:

Just because they have a hindu name, does not mean they are Indian. They are playing for WI, so credit should be given to WI.

Dont stress your "lil Bheja" with all the self-made conclusion & theories. Ask an Indian for correct reasons for celebration.

Gayle, Pollard, Bravo, Samuels & Sunil Narine are much popular in India than any Srilankan, Pakistani or Bangladeshi players because of IPL. These players have been rocking in IPL in various teams & are household name than any other players from sub-continent.

We love watching them play, the day India went out of Tournment, majority of Indians wanted to WI to win & same thing happened

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom