What's new

Spanish politician shot in broad daylight suspects his anti-Tehran work is behind the murder attempt

BHAN85

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Spanish politician shot in broad daylight suspects his anti-Tehran work is behind the murder attempt
By Alicia Leon, Joseph Wilson and Aritz Parra | AP
November 9, 2023 at 7:08 p.m. EST

MADRID — Veteran Spanish right-wing politician Alejandro Vidal-Quadras was recovering in hospital Thursday after being shot in the face in broad daylight on a central Madrid street. Police were ruling out no hypotheses, including a possible link to the former European lawmaker’s ties with the Iranian opposition.

I have to say: Vidal-Quadras is one of the few Spanish politicians that I deeply respect. He's a smart and moral person, I dont share all his political views, but no doubt he's a excellent good person.

By Alicia Leon, Joseph Wilson and Aritz Parra | AP
November 9, 2023 at 7:08 p.m. EST

MADRID — Veteran Spanish right-wing politician Alejandro Vidal-Quadras was recovering in hospital Thursday after being shot in the face in broad daylight on a central Madrid street. Police were ruling out no hypotheses, including a possible link to the former European lawmaker’s ties with the Iranian opposition.

I have to say: Vidal-Quadras is one of the few Spanish politicians that I deeply respect. He's a smart and moral person, I dont share all his political views, but no doubt he's a excellent good person.
Tell me your personal opinion. Is Iran just being a scapegoat now for everyone? What's the story.

Tell me your personal opinion. Is Iran just being a scapegoat now for everyone? What's the story.

When he went to hospital he told to doctors that his only enemies were Iran regime, because he defended Iran opposition groups.

I think when you are near to die in a hospital, you have no time to invent plots and you say the truth you think.

Iran embassy at Madrid made a declaration later, blaming Iran opposition without mention the incident.

But that's not the only possible explanation. There are disturbs right now in Madrid and last days over local separatism issues, and Vidal-Quadras has a radical view about it, he tweeted about it hours before than the attack. It could be, maybe, I dont know, it's very rare that kind of violence in Spanish political life.

But the opinion of the victim is that it was Tehran regime.

How connected is this far righter to Zionism?
It's unrelated to zionism. He worked defending Iran opposition groups.

Last edited:
When he went to hospital he told to doctors that his only enemies were Iran regime, because he as lawyer defended Iran opposition groups.

I think when you are near to die in a hospital, you have no time to invent plots and you say the truth you think.

Iran embassy at Madrid made a declaration later, blaming Iran opposition without mention the incident.
I suppose it's possible but assassination attempts against opposition group leaders is pretty rare, used to be done but no longer. This person is not Iranian either so it doesn't really fit the modus operandi as well. Historically assassination of foreign national is rare. How important is this person even to be worthy of attack.
But that's not the only possible explanation. There are disturbs right now in Madrid and last days over local separatism issues, and Vidal-Quadras has a radical view about it, he tweeted about it hours before than the attack. It could be, maybe, I dont know, it's very rare that kind of violence in Spanish political life.
Is Vidal-Quadras pro-Madrid or Catalonia, appears he was born in Barcelona. I read very briefly about some amnesty decision being made for Catalonian separatists, if he is connect to them, seems more likely it is related to that issue, but if he said his only enemy is Iran, that is very interesting.

When he went to hospital he told to doctors that his only enemies were Iran regime, because he as lawyer defended Iran opposition groups.

But the opinion of the victim is that it was Tehran regime.

It's unrelated to zionism. He worked defending Iran opposition groups.
Wait, Iran opposition (monarchy, communist) are backed by CIA, so he's related to Zionism.

I suppose it's possible but assassination attempts against opposition group leaders is pretty rare, used to be done but no longer. This person is not Iranian either so it doesn't really fit the modus operandi as well. Historically assassination of foreign national is rare. How important is this person even to be worthy of attack.

Is Vidal-Quadras pro-Madrid or Catalonia, appears he was born in Barcelona. I read very briefly about some amnesty decision being made for Catalonian separatists, if he is connect to them, seems more likely it is related to that issue, but if he said his only enemy is Iran, that is very interesting.
Vidal Quadras is pro-Madrid, he's from Catalonia, but he isn't secessionist, he was politician in a right political party (PP), and later he helped to create a far-right political party (VOX). He's not currently active in politics, although he remain influential, particularly among far-right.

Yesterday it was announced a deal between secessionists parties and current government (PSOE) to keep them in the power in exchange for things to secessionists, that's the reason of protests.

The attack was in Salamanca district of Madrid, the richest zone of Spain capital.

Wait, Iran opposition (monarchy, communist) are backed by CIA, so he's related to Zionism.
I dont know. He worked actively to defend Iran opposition, he didnt work in anything related to Israel.

These were some of the reactions

Iran opposition:

Iran embassy:

Last edited:
Never heard of him..... I think he thinks very highly of himself if he believes the Iranin regime would waste their time to target a nobody like him.

but from the tweet of the MKO leader, it seems he was connected with this terrorist group.... bad idea to hitch yourself with the MKO group.

Last edited:
I have to make a caviat here to what I said.... if this fella with a hole in his face, was actually giving material help to the MKO.... then undoutedly he would be seen as legitimate target by the Iranian system.

We just have to see who he was helping, and what form was the help.

This f@cker has been on the MKO terrorist groups' payroll, but recently he opposed the repositioning of MKO from Albania to Spain. so for MKO it was a one shot, two bird. removing the obstacle and blaming Iran.

Does not fit in the modus operandi of Iranian secret services.
Modus operandi was: they bought a motorbike days before, and after the attack, the motorbike was burned in a near town.

By the other side, the shooter was man, but the motorbike was driven by a woman, I think, it's very unlikely a Iranian trusting a woman to drive the motorbike, is it?

I think it's not the work of some insane lone wolf.

I can add: official mainstream massmedia are deliberately ignoring the news, new government deal is sealed, Vidal-Quadras was influential in the protests against it.

Last edited:
This f@cker has been on the MKO terrorist groups' payroll, but recently he opposed the repositioning of MKO from Albania to Spain. so for MKO it was a one shot, two bird. removing the obstacle and blaming Iran.
MKO paid the political party (VOX) that was created with the help of Vidal-Quadras (he left the party years ago).

But I can't find a source that it says MKO wants to move from Albania to Spain.

But I can't find a source that it says MKO wants to move from Albania to Spain.
MKO buys this and other European officials' support by giving them a position in a coverup organization called International Committee In Search of Justice.

According to Iranian intelligence sources, after Albanian police raid on MKO base, they have chosen 3 possible new locations, Canada, Spain, and Germany. despite receiving funds from MKO, this guy had a serious role in blocking Spain destination, so MKO decided to get ride of this ungrateful element.

عملیات تروریستی منافقین اینبار در اسپانیا/ هدف منافقین از ترور «کوادراس» چیست؟ - مشرق نیوز

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom