Soviet AirForce

516j.jpg

517c.jpg

533d.jpg

534s.jpg

535h.jpg

536s.jpg

The Soviet Union had two air forces the VVS and the V-PVO

The job of the V PVO was to act an Air Defense branch of the Soviet Armed Forces. It has no western counter part

The 2 were merged in 1998

The legendary Mig-25.. that gave the West goosebumps

mig25.jpg

mig-25-DNSN8809538_JPG.jpg

url

Russian Mig 25 Pushes The Limit Of Outer Space

Last edited by a moderator:
Also talking to an atheist, professional officer of USSR is much much easier than talking to an emotional, religious, 'hell bent of dying' Al Qaeda operative.

Its funny you even put them in the same league :P.

Soviet Union had one of the best education systems in the world. Any scientific research in military applications was strongly encouraged, ANYBODY could come and study at any university which was purely meritocratic and not stupid Quota based like ours. Every branch of scientific applications was open to all and almost entire Soviet population was educated in amazing degrees and post graduate degrees. My dad used to tell me how tough it used to be to prepare for examinations. But explained that all professors were amazingly open-minded (barring political aspect).

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

The legendary Mig-25.. that gave the West goosebumps

mig25.jpg

mig-25-DNSN8809538_JPG.jpg

url

Russian Mig 25 Pushes The Limit Of Outer Space

This is one jet I will always miss. Foxbat -- the only fighter jet that could outrun a missile. :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man lot of old people felt bad that bad bad USA won and our dear brother Russia lost. My father's brother used to talk a lot about it for long time.

Yeah.. they were always like a warm umbrella to our country. I sometimes feel that we should have intervened in the Afghan War; you know, eased it a little for them by opening a front from our end. A little bit of bleeding from the middle country would have made it easier for them. Because ultimately, jihad still came to our country despite we didn't participate.

We should have. Had we invaded, Soviets would have had enough room to crush Taliban and overrun jihadic forces.

y_61a67408.jpg

I couldn't figure out why this nose on the front is weird, why would they designed it which is no longer today.

I like all powerful Soviet Airforces except this Mig21 or stupid nose.

Yeah.. they were always like a warm umbrella to our country. I sometimes feel that we should have intervened in the Afghan War; you know, eased it a little for them by opening a front from our end. A little bit of bleeding from the middle country would have made it easier for them. Because ultimately, jihad still came to our country despite we didn't participate.

We should have. Had we invaded, Soviets would have had enough room to crush Taliban and overrun jihadic forces.

Nice dream, lol.

Soviets focus on Quantity over Quality a mentally that surfaced in ww2 however it won't work today a large part of their economic problems from a oversize military.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

The Soviet Union needed to be destroyed it if india invaded with soviet support you can be assured the west would bleed you. Afghanistan was a playground of Superpowers, soviet should feel lucky we suffered worse in Vietnam.

Sorry buddy this is a point i can't agree with you, if we had done something like that we would be cursing ourselves till the rest of our days. Two reasons we share no border with Afghanistan and so our supplies to Soviets (imagining a support role) would be at great risk and (assuming on ground boots) in this case even more dangerous. The second one is that it wouldn't have served us in any way in long term. The jihad part well u know it don't u that, with our without Afghanistan it would have come to us (read unconventional warfare).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom