What's new

Some Superstitions in Pakistan

Maybe not these superstitions but other superstitions can be interpreted to be part of Islam.

Like belief in Jinns and Black Magic.
People are still prosecuted for witchcraft in some countries.

good points yes even though i am an Ahle-Hadees from both ends & just a muslim i do believe that these issues needs to be addresed there are some cases indeed & is very important to treat it

Those are the ones I know of in our society. :D

1-When the left eye is blinking indicates something bad is going to happen.

2.a-If we are walking and see a black cat cross in front of you,It’s bad luck.
2.b-If we are walking and see a "manhoos" person,It’s bad luck. ( =)) )

3-When the owl sings it's a sign of bad luck.()---> or a fox.

7- Kids shouldn't let anyone walk over them otherwise they'll stop growing.()

8-Don't drink milk after eating fish, said to cause severe skin problems.()

Those are the ones I know of in our society. :D

2.a-If we are walking and see a black cat cross in front of you,It’s bad luck.
2.b-If we are walking and see a "manhoos" person,It’s bad luck. ( =)) )

3-When the owl sings it's a sign of bad luck.()---> or a fox.

7- Kids shouldn't let anyone walk over them otherwise they'll stop growing.()

8-Don't drink milk after eating fish, said to cause severe skin problems.()

I used to be scared of number 7. Whenever someone walked over me they would have walk over me again to reverse the effect lol.

Maybe not these superstitions but other superstitions can be interpreted to be part of Islam.

Like belief in Jinns and Black Magic.
People are still prosecuted for witchcraft in some countries.

My parents use to tell me the stories of my great grand father and their friends. You wont believe, but I will still say it. They said that sometimes, they'd just pick something from the ground, something worthy and when after a few minutes, they'd check their pockets, they'd find nothing. It didnt use to happen just once or twice, it happened to them all the time. Maybe because of the area they had migrated to. Actually, when they came to that area, it were just forests and mountains. They populated these areas and they say, you can find Jins etc in such area in abundance. When an area is fully populated with a lot of people, jins leave those area and find themselves a new home. Anyway.
Jins and Black Magic have both been proved by our Religion. They say that our Prophet SAW once became a victim of black magic. Someone cast a spell on him. And about jins, they say that they used to come learn Quran from the Prophet SAW and to learn the religion. Correct me if I am wrong about anything I said please.

Dont tell me you are 5'0"? Because by the defination of that law/myth or whatever, if they walk over you once, you wont go above somewhere 5 and a half. But if done twice.. I will go for 5ft then. You just cant be more than 5ft. :D

My parents use to tell me the stories of my great grand father and their friends. You wont believe, but I will still say it. They said that sometimes, they'd just pick something from the ground, something worthy and when after a few minutes, they'd check their pockets, they'd find nothing. It didnt use to happen just once or twice, it happened to them all the time. Maybe because of the area they had migrated to. Actually, when they came to that area, it were just forests and mountains. They populated these areas and they say, you can find Jins etc in such area in abundance. When an area is fully populated with a lot of people, jins leave those area and find themselves a new home. Anyway.
Jins and Black Magic have both been proved by our Religion. They say that our Prophet SAW once became a victim of black magic. Someone cast a spell on him. And about jins, they say that they used to come learn Quran from the Prophet SAW and to learn the religion. Correct me if I am wrong about anything I said please.

was it near madinah al munauwara in between the highway plus i heard there was a mosque also where jinns visit by the way have you seen the kabooters & bissah (cats) in madinah & makkah they used to pray i heard but they were harmless saw them so many times not sure about the praying part

When a crow crows at some ones window, it announces the arrival of guests.

we have song on it look

Last edited by a moderator:
My mother and grandmother used to burn pepper seeds because they thought they thought it would drive away "bad things," though I never totally understood that....

lol you dirty minded :lol:

Believing in Jinns is more like believing in Aliens. The science never rejected that the aliens do not exist. Who knows those aliens that you say we call them as Jinn?

or may be one of the creature among those Aliens would be similar to Jinn's that was quoted in the Holy Qur'an

Though if you say that your 100% that aliens as in intelgent life exists in our solor system besides us thats quite stupid :P. and no they aren't the same things alien is a being from some other planet we have no idea what they might be made of a rough estimate is carbon. In my opinion the milky way it self is filled with molecular life however intelgent life might be rare or mabye there isn't any but there is a good probobility that there is.

Jins are on earth suposly made of flames but you can't see them which is weird since its basicly light. Beleiving in anything with out proof or evidence is being supersticious. You can say your skeptic about them but clearly your not :P.

Also before same one bashes me i am not attacking relegion just clearing out the diffrence bewteen aliens and jin.

Though if you say that your 100% that aliens as in intelgent life exists in our solor system besides us thats quite stupid :P. and no they aren't the same things alien is a being from some other planet we have no idea what they might be made of a rough estimate is carbon. In my opinion the milky way it self is filled with molecular life however intelgent life might be rare or mabye there isn't any but there is a good probobility that there is.

Jins are on earth suposly made of flames but you can't see them which is weird since its basicly light. Beleiving in anything with out proof or evidence is being supersticious. You can say your skeptic about them but clearly your not :P.

Also before same one bashes me i am not attacking relegion just clearing out the diffrence bewteen aliens and jin.

lol where did you read that the Jins only reside in the Planet Earth?

As far as I know the scriptures also said they used to go up in the sky

I haven't read the specific location of Jinns from any scripture and the Jinns living in abandoned places of earth is not authentic as per my limited knowledge

Dont tell me you are 5'0"? Because by the defination of that law/myth or whatever, if they walk over you once, you wont go above somewhere 5 and a half. But if done twice.. I will go for 5ft then. You just cant be more than 5ft. :D

I turned out to be 6'1.

lol where did you read that the Jins only reside in the Planet Earth?

As far as I know the scriptures also said they used to go up in the sky

I haven't read the specific location of Jinns from any scripture and the Jinns living in abandoned places of earth is not authentic as per my limited knowledge

So your gonna beleive everything thats written in scripture. The same book also mentions that shooting stars are missle fired at the devils :P.

So they can defey gravity too :woot:?

and by sky i am asuming you mean space. How can a a flame sruvive in space if there is no on going nuclear fusion prosces init ?

Oh acctuly i remember one i was told by one my friends dad that if i see someone die in my dream it means that they will live longer :P. The friend was indian so i am asuming that superstition is popular in india =o?

SUPERSTITIONS IN PAKISTAN

Some superstitions still existing in the minds of our people.

2-If we are walking and see a black cat cross in front of you,It’s bad luck.

3-When the owl sings it's a sign of bad luck.:-)rolleyes:)

4-If you broke the glass it's a sign of happiness.....:-)lol:)

5-If you make a lot of food and you don’t eat it then it's your bad luck.

6-If you dream about buffaloes and horses it’s bad luck.:-)P)

7- Kids shouldn't let anyone walk over them otherwise they'll stop growing.:-)eek:)

8-Don't drink milk after eating fish, said to cause severe skin problems.:-)lol:)

9- Jamun (jumbulina sp.:fruit) cures diabetes.

10- That opening the scissors and closing it without a reason causes family problems at home.Similar is the case with umbrella(like opening it inside the house.)

I dont think above two (bold Red) are superstitions .THEY ARE TRUE

about milk check these links

Dangers Of Milk And Dairy Products - The Facts

Say No To Milk
Milk is Bad

or google bad effects of milk

So your gonna beleive everything thats written in scripture. The same book also mentions that shooting stars are missle fired at the devils :P.

So they can defey gravity too :woot:?

and by sky i am asuming you mean space. How can a a flame sruvive in space if there is no on going nuclear fusion prosces init ?

Actually it says, the star is devil who has been thrown from paradise while he was trying to enter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom