What's new

Some Superstitions in Pakistan

Amazingly most of the descendents of the Indian migration labourers and business people who settled down in Southern Africa also believe in most of these superstitions.

Lol, funny list, but how can you forget the mother of all superstitions.

Kisse ke nazar lag gaye hay (someone has cursed you with an evil eye). :lol:

The one about not using with the scissor unnecessarily (in the air) or your parents will separate, get it. If you cut with a scissor in the air you are cutting your parents relation. :lol:

All this Aankh pharakh rahe, kali billi guzar gaye, and the one that scarred me for a year, walking over kids is some funny stuff.

I think that Pakistan ko India ke kale nazar lag Gaye hai. :D

A few more:

If you keep a money plant, you will loose money

And if you light up a scent stick, rooh(souls) come to your house. This scarred the hell out of me.

If you steal a money plant you get a lot of money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you hit someone in the head hit him again otherwise you will grow two heads

I dont think above two (bold Red) are superstitions .THEY ARE TRUE

about milk check these links

Dangers Of Milk And Dairy Products - The Facts

Say No To Milk
Milk is Bad

or google bad effects of milk

Well i was indicating towards a skin problem named vitiligo(i had to be specific at first but the fact since you have questioned it so,) and people believe mostly (those migrated from India) that taking dairy food items espacially milk after eating fish causes vitiligo.
That's baseless.There is no proven relationship,even i have seen people trying it.(also now a days there are recipes with milk been used/mixed with fish and WTH it gonna do if mixed in highly acidic gastric environment.Any dermatologist will reject this whim if you ask about it.

Secondly about Milk on a general case,there exist another school of thought (in the medical society)that supports that milk should be avoided ,but i belong to the school of thought that is of the view, that yes it has some short commings.But overall it's almost a complete diet for the newborn and there is no need for adults to avoid it.

Thirdly you idea about ..... "If you make a lot of food and you don’t eat it then it's your bad luck."
Hmm! i'll put it in this sense if i cook a lot of food and i'm unable to eat it (looking at my appetite:P) or use it or share it with someone......and it goes wasted,then not only i did wasted my precious time but also the food that could be used by somebody else.......in that way it's my bad luck really...something i won't like to happen.:)

Had a finger fish with curd (rieta) and banana shake afterwards for dinner tonight...............O' my God i gonna get Vitiligo.:cheesy::cheesy:

It doesn't matter what science, even logic says. The best of informers informed that there is cure in cow milk and disease in its flesh.

Another one that i listened sometime back rather 10 years back from a relative.

Hairs and fingernails continue to grow after death.

This image is pure "moonshine" according to forensic anthropologist William Maples.It is said that the dehydration of the body after death causes retraction of the skin around the hair and nails,(as these are stiff compared to the skin around) so this gives the illusion that the hairs and nails have grown.

welldone buddy my mom use to stop me drinking milk when i ate fish and also scissor i use to play with scissor some times she use to stop me and saying it will make probleums in family i agree with you dude but im not sure they really were true but im sure there was a reason behind that and our parents was not that stupid

HA HA HA!! :)

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

HAHAHA!!I WILL STEL ONE NOW!!
LOL KIDDING.

to believe that different things bring good or bad luck is a kind of SHIRK . All must avoid this. . Only thing which can change fate is dua. May Allah bless us all

Back
Top Bottom