1456467132989.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0
Scan eagle uav

Attachments

• 1456467303275.jpg
    1456467303275.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Pakistan do have few batteries of HQ-9.

we will have 5 companies of HQ-16, each will have 8 launchers and every launcher will have 8 vehicles each with 8 missiles.

As confirmed by H-Khan

I am amazed that this news has not been discussed in detail on PDF. It is an extremely important development and yet this news has kept a low profile.

Sipri reports signed agreements with planned delivery dates not what the media or someone who thinks a deal has been made without any verification. having said that they are not 100% correct as they rely mainly on UN supplied data.

People need to realise that HQ16 is verious serious system too. Having range is one of the factors in consideration other such as

1. Speed
2. Glimit
3. Agility
4. Probability of Kill

especially 4th one is very important and if im not wrong its near perfect for HQ16 that is 80+% and in its bestcases has even 90% having such a great probability of kill means it is fast to operate and launch against a an intruder be it aircraft or missile of ballistic type.

People Should realise even if any ground missile is launched to destroy these HQ16 they are also protected with low range sam systems in the umbrella that shield these system from getting destroyed this is not old style war especially ww2 and early cold war or yom kippur where many systems had to work alone without any support. even if HQ16 is alone it not only can intercept slow moving targets but also fast moving targets towards the cruise missile categories.

HQ9 is long range system there is no literal proof of their existence in Pakistan IMHO so i dont believe until its proved.

As i said, hush hush, was purchased to counter the threat posed from the MKI's to our Strategic Assets. We had an excellent Low and Medium Air Coverage, but lacked the coverage to target bogies flying in High Altitude. All of you are relatively new here, but this info was originally leaked on PDF by a moron which lead PAF to clamp down on all the leaks with an iron fist. If i were to guess, should be enough batteries to cover our most important Strategic Assets and add teeth to our Armoury in kill boxes that PAF hopes to lure IAF into.

Loose lips sink Ships
I remember that episode ... Shyt hit the fan back than .. Over that "leak".

Thanks for answering that.

To put it more specifically, the BVR was R-Darter which was acquired with full TOT from Denel and was named/designated as 'Crescent Arrow' in PAF's inventory.

@Hell hound
I don't think so. You're confusing it with Raptor I/II.

Back
Top Bottom