What's new

SIPRI: Pakistan New Defence Purchase in 2015

I am not disagreeing with that notion, i am just letting you know of the facts. If the mentality has to change, its not just the Armed Forces its the nation as a whole. But this paranoia might be the exact reason why our Nuclear Program has been kept safe. Research up on Stuxnet, how the Israelis/Americans managed to install a USB stick on Iranian Nuclear Infrastructure. Something like that would be very hard to accomplish in Pakistan considering how many Security Protocols we have in place. The old hawks in the Armed Forces don't like to reveal their capabilities, they would rather let the enemy or the watchers find out our capabilities as a surprise.

For example, while many PAF watchers think that PAF has only recently acquired the capability to fire BVRAAM's, reality is PAF has had BVR Capability for more than a decade now. It was kept under a lid till it was leaked on this very forum in 2010 i believe.

Pakistan Armed Forces have invested heavily in Electronic Warfare simulated training and creating a true Net Centric Environment. PAF and PA are almost fully netcentric warfare organizations, and there is immense synergy between them. PAF and PA are well aware of the threats that are posed by our Eastern Neighbors and this is why entire Divisions were raised from the Scratch to counter this threat.
sir i would love to know the name of first BVR missile.i must be declassified by now since we have more advance missiles like sd 10 and aim 120

Last edited:
How good are these torpedoes?
these torpedoes are useless with yu 3 having 13 km and yu 4 having 15 km max range and tech is 50 years old can you believe it bloody 1960s tech.we have options of yu 6 and yu 9 which are in same class as mk 48 with 50 km range and both of these are inducted by PLAN in 2012 and are great systems but what we went for our latest sub bloody 50 years old torpedoes and that too in huge number(200) dammit PN.
bro modern anti sub system have very high probability to detect and kill a sub if it get this close (13 km) to them.all modern 533mm torpedoes have range around 50 km these days

You know we (army) keeps the things secret until the perfect moment :D :D like FM-90 came in parade last year :P so you never know
Seriously..does Pakistan posses any long range SAM...????i have been trying to find an answer for quite some time...but always there is an ambiguous answer...!!!

Seriously..does Pakistan posses any long range SAM...????i have been trying to find an answer for quite some time...but always there is an ambiguous answer...!!!

Pakistan do have few batteries of HQ-9.

we will have 5 companies of HQ-16, each will have 8 launchers and every launcher will have 8 vehicles each with 8 missiles.

As confirmed by H-Khan

Pakistan do have few batteries of HQ-9.

we will have 5 companies of HQ-16, each will have 8 launchers and every launcher will have 8 vehicles each with 8 missiles.

As confirmed by H-Khan
What's the range of HQ-16??? I read it's about 30 Km....that isn't long range...plz confirm

Back
Top Bottom