What's new

SIPRI: Pakistan New Defence Purchase in 2015

What constitutes as proof? Do you want a picture of HQ-9 batteries guarding Pakistan's Strategic Batteries, with their deployment posture and location? If yes, than no, there is no such proof like that which exists and rightly so.
No source? Like the one Muhammad Omar gave?

Do you have solid proof for your statement?
Bachay, you've been on the forum only since 2014. Back in 2009-2010, PDF was a happening place. Lots of news got leaked on this very forum...the Karakoram Eagle, Crescent Arrow, and much more. The leak of the FD-2000 (aka export version of HQ-9) by someone on this forum led to a strict control on leaks...nothing has been the same on PDF ever since.

L: Pakistan 1 STW-15600t Oiler 2013 $80 m deal; delivery 2017
Is it the same Tanker that Pakistan is currently building at KSEW or Is it a New One??? & What does that "L" means??

HQ-9 has been guarding Pakistan's Strategic Installations for more than a decade now. It was bought in a very hush hush deal long time back during Mush's Era, was largely meant to counter and protect our Assets from that Beast SU30MKI.
Sir can u recall the numbers purchased by then??

No source? Like the one Muhammad Omar gave?

Sir g like Notorious sir said the deal was secret so there will be no proof no exact numbers of HQ-9 .... :D
Army keeps many things secret to surprise the enemy :D

Sir can u recall the numbers purchased by then??

As i said, hush hush, was purchased to counter the threat posed from the MKI's to our Strategic Assets. We had an excellent Low and Medium Air Coverage, but lacked the coverage to target bogies flying in High Altitude. All of you are relatively new here, but this info was originally leaked on PDF by a moron which lead PAF to clamp down on all the leaks with an iron fist. If i were to guess, should be enough batteries to cover our most important Strategic Assets and add teeth to our Armoury in kill boxes that PAF hopes to lure IAF into.

Loose lips sink Ships

As i said, hush hush, was purchased to counter the threat posed from the MKI's to our Strategic Assets. We had an excellent Low and Medium Air Coverage, but lacked the coverage to target bogies flying in High Altitude. All of you are relatively new here, but this info was originally leaked on PDF by a moron which lead PAF to clamp down on all the leaks with an iron fist. If i were to guess, should be enough batteries to cover our most important Strategic Assets and add teeth to our Armoury in kill boxes that PAF hopes to lure IAF into.

Loose lips sink Ships

Now that is a very false notion that loose lips sink the ships. Do you really believe HQ-9 would have remained hidden from Indian ELINT or Imagery intelligence? Kahouta and associated facilities at fateh jung and dera ghazi khan are not that far away or in the barren lands of balochistan or FATA which would prevent IAF phalcon AEWC to detect HQ-9

Now that is a very false notion that loose lips sink the ships. Do you really believe HQ-9 would have remained hidden from Indian ELINT or Imagery intelligence? Kahouta and associated facilities at fateh jung and dera ghazi khan are not that far away or in the barren lands of balochistan or FATA which would prevent IAF phalcon AEWC to detect HQ-9

PAF certainly seems to think so, they were beyond furious and completely put a lid on all these leaks. We have been hiding our Nuke Missiles quite well from the eyes, Indian eye capabilities are baby in front of that. You're forgetting, you're dealing with a bunch of guys that will make the most schizophrenic person look normal. Don't believe me, look at the security procedures we employ in our Nuclear Infrastructure.

PAF certainly seems to think so, they were beyond furious and completely put a lid on all these leaks. You're forgetting, you're dealing with a bunch of guys that will make the most schizophrenic person look normal. Don't believe me, look at the security procedures we employ in our Nuclear Infrastructure.

Then mindset needs to be changed. Those who think like that needs to be sent on a refersher course or best should be replaced by someone who knows the changing dynamics and understands how electromagnetic spectrum can be detected with advance sensors. e.g. NSA, GCHQ hacking drones out of Cyprus. Sam systems are not stealth, they operate on by pumping frequencies into the air. India already monitor the airwaves of our strategic locations. It is a matter of 2+2 to figure out whats cooking.

i recall horus shared a thesis of PAF officer on netcentric environement. He specefically mentioned that in order to adopt this modern warfare leadership mentality has to change.

Last edited:
same Tanker that Pakistan is currently building at KSEW or Is it a New One
same tanker ...

What is this?
Tanker and resupply ship ...

we bought HQ-9 bro , not HQ-16 ..
We bought LY80 which is HQ16 ... There is no proof for HQ9 yet

LY-80 LOMADS missile.JPG

Then mindset needs to be changed. Those who think like that needs to be sent on a refersher course or best should be replaced by someone who knows the changing dynamics and understands how electromagnetic spectrum can be detected with advance sensors. e.g. NSA, GCHQ hacking drones out of Cyprus. Sam systems are not stealth, they operate on by pumping frequencies into the air. India already monitor the airwaves of our strategic locations. It is a matter of 2+2 to figure out whats cooking.

i recall horus shared a thesis of PAF officer on netcentric environement. He specefically mentioned that in order to adopt this modern warfare leadership mentality has to change.

I am not disagreeing with that notion, i am just letting you know of the facts. If the mentality has to change, its not just the Armed Forces its the nation as a whole. But this paranoia might be the exact reason why our Nuclear Program has been kept safe. Research up on Stuxnet, how the Israelis/Americans managed to install a USB stick on Iranian Nuclear Infrastructure. Something like that would be very hard to accomplish in Pakistan considering how many Security Protocols we have in place. The old hawks in the Armed Forces don't like to reveal their capabilities, they would rather let the enemy or the watchers find out our capabilities as a surprise.

For example, while many PAF watchers think that PAF has only recently acquired the capability to fire BVRAAM's, reality is PAF has had BVR Capability for more than a decade now. It was kept under a lid till it was leaked on this very forum in 2010 i believe.

Pakistan Armed Forces have invested heavily in Electronic Warfare simulated training and creating a true Net Centric Environment. PAF and PA are almost fully netcentric warfare organizations, and there is immense synergy between them. PAF and PA are well aware of the threats that are posed by our Eastern Neighbors and this is why entire Divisions were raised from the Scratch to counter this threat.

Back
Top Bottom