What's new

single national curriculum - 1 to 5 standards (Government’s single national curriculum is like martial law)

Hopefully the kind of private school that I went to will most probably continue to teach British O&A Levels. The importance of regional regional languages must decrease in the future and by regional languages I mean all regional languages except Urdu. All subjects should be taught in English except the language subjects like Urdu, Arabic and Mandarin etc, because whether we like it or not the whole world uses English for communication. English is simply the most important language in the whole world. People who are arguing about Chinese and Turkish people being successful without knowing English must understand that the Turks and Chinese would have been a lot more successful if they all knew English. There is a reason why all the call centers of mega corporations are located in India. Why do people want to limit themselves for no reason? Is your pride more important than success?
@Goenitz @waz @Mugen @Blacklight @VCheng @araz @The Eagle @LeGenD
Jist is, everyone from Grade 1 to Grade 5 will study Social Science + Islamiyat in Urdu, irrespective of Matric or Cambridge system, or the stage the academic year is in, from this month onwards.

Grade 6 to 8 from next academic year.

From Grade 9 onwards Cambridge System schools will revert to English.
Alhamdulillah

the idiotic crap pulled by this dumb govt in the middle of an academic year
Grade 1 to Grade 5 will study Social Science + Islamiyat in Urdu, irrespective of Matric or Cambridge system, or the stage the academic year is in, from this month onwards.

Has the government stipulated that students MUST pass the end of year exams for these mid-year introduced subjects to progress to the next Grade?

Instead of teaching kids stupid regional languages tech them a programming language perhaps. Python from 6th grade onwards?🤔
You have raised a very good point. Kudos to you Sir!

Coming back to the topic, Unfortunately what the SNC, ideally should be, and is, are two different things.

What it should be doing is lifting our Matriculation System up to Intl levels, exceeding it. or at least matching Cambridge level. What is happening is a subversion of our educational system. Needlessly burden people with non-issues.

It has a very negative effect on the psyche of kids, to whom their grades actually matter.
Hopefully the kind of private school that I went to will most probably continue to teach British O&A Levels. The importance of regional regional languages must decrease in the future and by regional languages I mean all regional languages except Urdu. All subjects should be taught in English except the language subjects like Urdu, Arabic and Mandarin etc, because whether we like it or not the whole world uses English for communication. English is simply the most important language in the whole world. People who are arguing about Chinese and Turkish people being successful without knowing English must understand that the Turks and Chinese would have been a lot more successful if they all knew English. There is a reason why all the call centers of mega corporations are located in India. Why do people want to limit themselves for no reason? Is your pride more important than success?
@Goenitz @waz @Mugen @Blacklight @VCheng @araz @The Eagle @LeGenD

Alhamdulillah
Brother THAT is the issue, it is the western education system that is being targeted.

I saw the news and watched the video yesterday and 1st question was asked to myself, " What does mean by 'rights equality and citizenship program."?

It would be better to raise the standard of government schools as par as private schools but it seems that Imran khan decided to downgrade the education standard in Pakistan itself... Ok, it is fine internally but what about the competition at the international level.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium. Still, i can write and speak but with many errors. Now, My kid goes to 3rd standard and he almost reaching my level while communicating or writing.

Being a Hindu, our primary written language is Sanskrit but now, no one teaches them in our schools. And, Hindi - only one subject.

I never support if someone compromises the education system. And, it is about the future of Pakistani youth.

I saw the news and watched the video yesterday and 1st question was asked to myself, " What does mean by 'rights equality and citizenship program."?

It would be better to raise the standard of government schools as par as private schools but it seems that Imran khan decided to downgrade the education standard in Pakistan itself... Ok, it is fine internally but what about the competition at the international level.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium. Still, i can write and speak but with many errors. Now, My kid goes to 3rd standard and he almost reaching my level while communicating or writing.

Being a Hindu, our primary written language is Sanskrit but now, no one teaches them in our schools. And, Hindi - only one subject.

I never support if someone compromises the education system. And, it is about the future of Pakistani youth.

Written by Benazir Shah. Somewhat commie, khooni liberal and femenazi of aurat march sees it as martial law happy to know that.

Please take a look at the Japanese educational system. They do not wear shoes in class, the teachers train the children in Japanese culture and manners from day one of school.

The most spoken language in the world is not English but French. Second is Arabic and third is Chinese forth is English fifth is Spanish (unrecognised) and last is Russian.

All children in a class can not be of the same level unless adequate time and attention is given. Some would need extra classes. This is a common reality every where. Unfortunately Countries like Pakistan where the population is high can not afford this as well as there has to be a cap in the number of students per class or lets say per teacher then only the quality of education would improve.

At an average 15 -20 students per class / teacher are ideal. This is where the teacher can easily keep everyone to be attentive and teach them to the best of his / her ability.

This is not possible today.

It is not the ability of the child but the teacher. What do you think the teacher would come to a class unprepared? A teacher must prepare the lecture that is to be given but normally the kids do not ask questions hence it becomes a spoon feeding session only. This is the problem that plagiarism becomes common which gives rise to non creative approach and lack of ideas.

Please take a look at the Japanese educational system. They do not wear shoes in class, the teachers train the children in Japanese culture and manners from day one of school.

Please do not compare an underdeveloped country to a developed country. If Japan was now a developing country as similar as India and Pakistan, then they would need to follow the same as we needed to follow.

The most spoken language in the world is not English but French. Second is Arabic and third is Chinese forth is English fifth is Spanish (unrecognised) and last is Russian.

Does not matter!! If Russian wants to speak to french\Arabic or Chinese...... they must need to communicate in English ......

ll children in a class can not be of the same level unless adequate time and attention is given. Some would need extra classes. This is a common reality every where. Unfortunately Countries like Pakistan where the population is high can not afford this as well as there has to be a cap in the number of students per class or lets say per teacher then only the quality of education would improve.

At an average 15 -20 students per class / teacher are ideal. This is where the teacher can easily keep everyone to be attentive and teach them to the best of his / her ability.

This is not possible today.

It is not the ability of the child but the teacher. What do you think the teacher would come to a class unprepared? A teacher must prepare the lecture that is to be given but normally the kids do not ask questions hence it becomes a spoon feeding session only. This is the problem that plagiarism becomes common which gives rise to non creative approach and lack of ideas.

Yes, I agreed. But I believe that school only is not totally responsible if all the students are not at the same level. I do agree that all kids do not have the ability to capture the knowldge at the same level.

Now, here comes the family. Family plays a big role and helps their kids to complete with others children.

I strongly believe that family plays a bigger role when we talk about child education. Every child needs guidance from the family or parents, We need to give our time to help them.

So usually we can find the difference between two children (one healthy & educated family background and uneducated family ground. 1-5th standard (Schoolboy)

Has the government stipulated that students MUST pass the end of year exams for these mid-year introduced subjects to progress to the next Grade?

The Govt has stipulated,that it has be taught, OR heavy financial penalties will be levied on the school.

As to your question, non-compliance by a student will not effect his promotion to the next grade, but his overall grades, and ranking will be effected. As I said earlier:

It has a very negative effect on the psyche of kids, to whom their grades actually matter.

Besides, how much sense does it make to teach in Urdu from Gr1 to Gr8, and then Gr.9 & Gr10 in English?

This whole logic defying shenanigans, points towards a more nefarious agenda. An important pillar of society is being undermined.

Except Urdu, Islamiat, Pakistan Studies ( History and Geography),
All subjects should be taken through Cambridge Examination system.

Almost everything has been tested to improve the educational system, but to no avail. How can you expect an improvement from the currupt political system?

Just like Pakistan pilots will be giving exams from the UK examination board, just like we have had a O and A Levels, from many decades, and whose superiority has been proven again and again, specially with regards to opening up more opportunities abroad, from Montessori (Cambridge Primary Curriculum for age 5 - 11 Years ) to A levels, we should embrace the UK / Cambridge education system WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

We are getting far behind day by day, unless we immediately embrace the world recognized educational system from the UK except the 3 Subjects mentioned above.

OFCOURSE Government of Pakistan is going to PAY for the expensive education for free. And UK government can be approached to help us subsidize the education fees.

1. Yes, ethics teaching should be compulsory. That is why Japan seems to be a better society than India and Pakistan where only immediate technical knowledge is taught and the student is left to unquestioningly absorb and forward any wrong aspect of the society.

2. Education must be free and there should be an evolved economic system so that students don't have to resort to ignore their personal choice of study and join IT and MBA courses just to be able to make a comfortable living after they graduate. This leads not only to a miserable life for the students and the possibility of student suicides but also will not help the society as a whole to develop intellectually and technologically. For example, in India more than 160,000 computer engineers graduate from various types of colleges / universities every year and this has been so for the last at least 20 years. Yet there is not a single local design of the two most fundamental elements in a classical computer - the microprocessor and the operating system ? Why ? What have these computer engineers learned and what is the research and development they are doing in their high-paying jobs in IT companies ? Such a result is because the education system produces drone wage slaves and not educated workers and contributors.

3. I agree that students should have pride in their mother tongue and be conversant in their regional language and national language but I believe that English is the primary acceptable transnational language of trade and technology. But yes, languages can derive words and terminology from foreign ones like the Russian phrase "Raketnaya tekhnika" come most definitely from the English word "Rocketry". And yes, other languages come up with words through indigenous development to express ideas in arts and technology like the Arabic word "Nafura" for fountain.

Ethics is not taught in Japan, Ethics is implemented. You are wasting time teaching people about concepts which thier parents don't abide by.

This is an age old debate in Pakistan. The reason it has been, and will continue to be such a mess is intentional, just to keep the masses ignorant and illiterate. Is that a harsh indictment? You betcha!

Except Urdu, Islamiat, Pakistan Studies ( History and Geography),
All subjects should be taken through Cambridge Examination system.

Almost everything has been tested to improve the educational system, but to no avail. How can you expect an improvement from the currupt political system?

Just like Pakistan pilots will be giving exams from the UK examination board, just like we have had a O and A Levels, from many decades, and whose superiority has been proven again and again, specially with regards to opening up more opportunities abroad, from Montessori (Cambridge Primary Curriculum for age 5 - 11 Years ) to A levels, we should embrace the UK / Cambridge education system WHOLE HEARTEDLY.

We are getting far behind day by day, unless we immediately embrace the world recognized educational system from the UK except the 3 Subjects mentioned above.

OFCOURSE Government of Pakistan is going to PAY for the expensive education for free. And UK government can be approached to help us subsidize the education fees.

Do you realise that this new curriculum is being setup in line with international standards on maths and science?

Ethics is not taught in Japan, Ethics is implemented. You are wasting time teaching people about concepts which thier parents don't abide by.

But the parents will become bound to continue sending their children to school where ethics will be taught and that may be absorbed by the parents over time. This is though a slower way of changing society.

Written by Benazir Shah. Somewhat commie, khooni liberal and femenazi of aurat march sees it as martial law happy to know that.

Off topic here but do you rather prefer to have the Haya Marchers ? :)

Nobody wanst to become "jack of all trades, master of none"

Practically speaking this idiotic rule achieves nothing, except needlessly burdening kids. Instead of changing the national curriculum psyche of "mugging" to understanding, and actually learning, a silly band aid is applied.

Why force two subjects in Urdu, down peoples throat? Especially schools, that follow western curriculum's, who after 8th Grade will SWITCH BACK to English, since this will be the language of their exams?

This idiotic rule is nothing less then an uncalled for distraction, to dumb kids down.

@Reichsmarschall @Raj-Hindustani @StormBreaker @Jungibaaz @ali_raza @LeGenD comments?

Forcing someone to study a regional language is another idiotic decision, something federal govt needs to pull rank on, in the name of "national cohesion" and "anti-fascism".
Don’t want to go into details.

But the only compulsory subject of Language must be English and the National language as the goal is to achieve universal understanding instead of fueling hate by forcing provincial languages down someone’s throat.

A decade later, We can include Chinese as well:D

Secondly, The poor performance of Pakistanis and their shitty english the the result of lack of serious attitude to this language. It’s a universal truth that English is the language which dominates the researches, Books and speakers in the globe.

Brother THAT is the issue, it is the western education system that is being targeted.

By introduction of social studies and Islamiyat? Really!? Since Grade 8 onwards is Cambridge and in English, they won't be assessed on these for their main O level exams. To say that it is being targeted is foolish. Broad religion education is compulsory in most UK standards, but not examined in O and A levels.

GCE (Cambridge) is of a much higher and tougher standard than the various GCSE and A Level standards being used in England, Wales and Scotland. UK government sets the minimum standard and each individual standard set their own but must meet the minimum. Schools choose one of the standards.

Grade 1 to 6 (primary school) in UK is mostly playing in comparison to the studying Cambridge in Pakistan. Grade 1 to 6 metric in Pakistan is far more intense in comparison to many UK standards.

Perhaps you'd like sex education of your Grade 1-6 children with videos and pictures in classes and LGBT introduced in Pakistan as well, since it is part of Western education system. Not sure if you'll enjoy LGBT rainbow being drawn on walls of your house, or your 5-10yrs old talking about female body parts with their friends!

Last edited:
But the parents will become bound to continue sending their children to school where ethics will be taught and that may be absorbed by the parents over time. This is though a slower way of changing society.

Off topic here but do you rather prefer to have the Haya Marchers ? :)

I watched some documentaries on youtube about Japanese society, it's incredible. They have this entire practical concept of respect, it is not limited to lip service. The children in those schools clean their class rooms at the end of the day. There is a whole mindset which needs to be adapted. Until our society has inviduals serving society for no reward other than our of a sense of duty, we won't be able to change our ways.

There is too much ego in Pakistan, everyone is a nawabzada in their own head.

By introduction of social studies and Islamiyat? Really!? Since Grade 8 onwards is Cambridge and in English, they won't be assessed on these for their main O level exams. To say that it is being targeted is foolish. Broad religion education is compulsory in most UK standards, but not examined in O and A levels.

GCE (Cambridge) is of a much higher and tougher standard than the various GCSE and A Level standards being used in England, Wales and Scotland. UK government sets the minimum standard and each individual standard set their own but must meet the minimum. Schools choose one of the standards.

Grade 1 to 6 (primary school) in UK is mostly playing in comparison to the studying Cambridge in Pakistan. Grade 1 to 6 metric in Pakistan is far more intense in comparison to many UK standards.

Perhaps you'd like sex education of your Grade 1-6 children with videos and pictures in classes and LGBT introduced in Pakistan as well, since it is part of Western education system. Not sure if you'll enjoy LGBT rainbow being drawn on walls of your house, or your 5-10yrs old talking about female body parts with their friends!
Perhaps you would like to take off your PTI blinders and look at the bigger picture.

You are just derailing the thread with your nonsense without having an ounce of knowledge on the subject.

Social Studies and Islamiyat is already there, and is not being "introduced." The language is forcibly being changed in the middle of an academic year.

As to your last para, it's not worthy of a reply. You are just proving how ill informed you are.

Do educate yourself, before jumping on your high horse, and derailing threads with your LGBTQ nonsense.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom