What's new

single national curriculum - 1 to 5 standards (Government’s single national curriculum is like martial law)

Raj-Hindustani

Reaction score
Country
India
I saw the news and watched the video yesterday and 1st question was asked to myself, " What does mean by 'rights equality and citizenship program."?

It would be better to raise the standard of government schools as par as private schools but it seems that Imran khan decided to downgrade the education standard in Pakistan itself... Ok, it is fine internally but what about the competition at the international level.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium. Still, i can write and speak but with many errors. Now, My kid goes to 3rd standard and he almost reaching my level while communicating or writing.

Being a Hindu, our primary written language is Sanskrit but now, no one teaches them in our schools. And, Hindi - only one subject.

I never support if someone compromises the education system. And, it is about the future of Pakistani youth.

Th
I saw the news and watched the video yesterday and 1st question was asked to myself, " What does mean by 'rights equality and citizenship program."?

It would be better to raise the standard of government schools as par as private schools but it seems that Imran khan decided to downgrade the education standard in Pakistan itself... Ok, it is fine internally but what about the competition at the international level.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium. Still, i can write and speak but with many errors. Now, My kid goes to 3rd standard and he almost reaching my level while communicating or writing.

Being a Hindu, our primary written language is Sanskrit but now, no one teaches them in our schools. And, Hindi - only one subject.

I never support if someone compromises the education system. And, it is about the future of Pakistani youth.

The biggest irony is that the woman behind this sham program herself was educated at World class institute like Harvard and would probably send her children to places like Atichison which is exempt from SNC.

I think the situation in India is different. You are such a big country, Hindi is not universally spoken.

I can put Myself on this place and feel the pain by was educated from Hindi medium.

Can you explain a bit more what your difficulty was?

I think the situation in India is different. You are such a big country, Hindi is not universally spoken.

Hindi and Urdu are same languages which was called Hindustani, the more Sanskritised is Hindi and more Persianised is Urdu. Hence a lot don’t speak Hindi in India, like local politics in Tamil Nadu, else Kerala guys speak can speak Hindi. For Indians, Hindi is a National Language, but mother tongue remains what we speak.

Last edited:

Nations who let go of their culture and language will always be mentally enslaved. Europeans teach in their own language, Arabs teach in their own language, Japanese, Turks, Iranians teach in their own language. It is only south Asians that haven't broken their mental slavery.

Are you saying Chinese aren't competitive internationally, Europeans, Turks, Japanese aren't competitive internationally? Respect yourself, your culture and the world will respect you. Otherwise stay happy, with menial, slave jobs, like customer service etc...

I remember a friend of mine mentioned that he had to take Islamiat as the marks would be higher than he alternate subject. This was true if one did not take Sindhi language and opted for the alternate which was Lacknavi Urdu. This dated back to the times of the start of Urdu in India.

My educational background is in the Hindi medium.

And if you get a job in a government office then you will be a happier man.

but I am working for an IT company and job role " CyberCOE- Solution analyst".

Now I need to communicate with many people - Indian or foreigners. But due to limitations of my English word power and knowledge. I do struggle during the calls and meetings...

Also, there is no harm in learning other languages, but the primary language for education, must me the local national language. Pre Pakistan days, people used to learn Arabic, Persian, English etc, nowadays no one bothers to learn anything other than English.

I remember a friend of mine mentioned that he had to take Islamiat as the marks would be higher than he alternate subject. This was true if one did not take Sindhi language and opted for the alternate which was Lacknavi Urdu. This dated back to the times of the start of Urdu in India.

Nowadays, the standard is too high.

If I talk about IT or a private company, which does work with international customers or people.

Good communication is a primary skill. if you can speak only basic English then you might will not survive in India,

The world is moving fast and should not miss the train with the name of the regions.

Nations who let go of their culture and language will always be mentally enslaved. Europeans teach in their own language, Arabs teach in their own language, Japanese, Turks, Iranians teach in their own language. It is only south Asians that haven't broken their mental slavery.

Are you saying Chinese aren't competitive internationally, Europeans, Turks, Japanese aren't competitive internationally? Respect yourself, your culture and the world will respect you. Otherwise stay happy, with menial, slave jobs, like customer service etc...
and teaching Social Studies and Islamiyat in Urdu will churn out rocket scientists by the truck load?

If this is logical, then just abolish English Medium Schools, and then see how fast we become another soupapowa.

My educational background is in the Hindi medium.

And if you get a job in a government office then you will be a happier man.

but I am working for an IT company and job role " CyberCOE- Solution analyst".

Now I need to communicate with many people - Indian or foreigners. But due to limitations of my English word power and knowledge. I do struggle during the calls and meetings...

Oh i see. I had Indian colleagues in the past who communicated to each other in English because some were from Bihar and others were from South India and they didn't have the same mother tongue. I can see why English would be a requirement in India.

In Pakistan most people understand Urdu. Also English is still being taught, but in the new curriculum it will not be the language through which children will be taught subjects.
============

The challenge Pakistan faces is the low quality of government schools, changing the curriculum won't fix that but it is something that needs doing.

On the subject of the curriculum a lot of time is wasted discussing the medium of delivery of the curriculum, but all the good pedagogical changes are being ignored in the public debate. it's a very deliberate attempt to undermine the new curriculum. At the same time, i am concerned why they need to add religious content into subjects that are not islamic studies, or social studies.

Positive things about the new single curriculum being ignored.

1. The content of the SNC for Maths and Science has been aligned to the TIMSS content framework.
2. SNC focusses on development of analytical, critical and creative thinking through a more activities-based approach rather than static teacher centric learning.
3. Use of ICT is integrated in the curriculum for the first time.

It remains to be seen whether these will remain words on paper or whether they will be practically implemented. Unfortunately the debate in our country ignores these points and instead focuses on English and if the curriculum is too islamic or not. It's a reflection of the intellectual bankruptcy in our society met with the agendas of foreign funding.

Also, there is no harm in learning other languages, but the primary language for education, must me the local national language. Pre Pakistan days, people used to learn Arabic, Persian, English etc, nowadays no one bothers to learn anything other than English.
Nobody wanst to become "jack of all trades, master of none"

Practically speaking this idiotic rule achieves nothing, except needlessly burdening kids. Instead of changing the national curriculum psyche of "mugging" to understanding, and actually learning, a silly band aid is applied.

Why force two subjects in Urdu, down peoples throat? Especially schools, that follow western curriculum's, who after 8th Grade will SWITCH BACK to English, since this will be the language of their exams?

This idiotic rule is nothing less then an uncalled for distraction, to dumb kids down.

@Reichsmarschall @Raj-Hindustani @StormBreaker @Jungibaaz @ali_raza @LeGenD comments?
Forcing someone to study a regional language is another idiotic decision, something federal govt needs to pull rank on, in the name of "national cohesion" and "anti-fascism".

Nowadays, the standard is too high.

If I talk about IT or a private company, which does work with international customers or people.

Good communication is a primary skill. if you can speak only basic English then you might will not survive in India,

The world is moving fast and should not miss the train with the name of the regions.
The issue is no English but internationally recognized languages. These are French, English, Russian, Chinese and Arabic. So if children from play group to class 1 are taught as an option they would be speaking them by class 1 and continue to be well conversant with other subjects later on. However these languages should be part of the curriculum as option and 1-2 must be optional subjects.

You are taking about communication that is not something too difficult, One could be brilliant in a language as far as writing and under standing is concerned but his pronunciation which falls under Linguistics is poor.
So the solution should be for Linguistical improvement rather than relying on writing and understanding.
Nobody wanst to become "jack of all trades, master of none"

Practically speaking this idiotic rule achieves nothing, except needlessly burdening kids. Instead of changing the national curriculum psyche of "mugging" to understanding, and actually learning, a silly band aid is applied.

Why force two subjects in Urdu, down peoples throat? Especially schools, that follow western curriculum's, who after 8th Grade will SWITCH BACK to English, since this will be the language of their exams?

This idiotic rule is nothing less then an uncalled for distraction, to dumb kids down.

@Reichsmarschall @Raj-Hindustani @StormBreaker @Jungibaaz @ali_raza @LeGenD comments?

Forcing someone to study a regional language is another idiotic decision, something federal govt needs to pull rank on, in the name of "national cohesion" and "anti-fascism".
Ironically in Sindh its compulsory subject in Grade 9.

Benazir Shah

Back
Top Bottom