What's new

single national curriculum - 1 to 5 standards (Government’s single national curriculum is like martial law)

Its quite ironic that an ideal of civilization like freedom to choose is coming from an indian. Coz all i see is a sub conscious/intentional effort to sabotage any step of providing level playing field to every kid. But then indian society in essence is based on discriminating caste system .

Many would argue that sub par syllabus gonna severely impact the new generation. ok then let it be , coz the elite isn't even willing to provide what they may have wanted for their own kids citing various reasons like finances and subtle references to social Darwinism. @Verve @fitpOsitive @jamahir @Blacklight

Is she the same Banazir Shah or different one (click here)
Same one

The problem with them is that they do not see the low level curriculum we are teaching kids in public schools (which provide education for most Pakistanis)
I mean I completed my ICS in 2011 and they were still teaching us windows 2000 and I am not so sure that the book has been updated as of now
In a lot of cases children go from shit tier schools into unis where they are disadvantaged because their private school counterparts had better resources and material in all these years

@Blacklight - what type of curriculum do you propose or would have agreed with? Please take your time and give a detailed answer. From your posts here, it seems your primary issue is with Urdu and Islamiyat.

I doubt any one of those arguing against have bothered to read any of the MINIMUM learning objectives for each year in the proposed curriculum! I'd be surprised if they even know what their children are learning in each year currently, whether in public or private schools!
Pls re-read my posts, the following and others.
You have raised a very valid point, from start. NOT what is happening now i.e. Gr1 to Gr5 for everyone in one go, and Gr6 & Gr7 next year. Instead of gradually easing it in from KG, in the next academic year.

This is going to create a shit storm, Wait for the U-Turn

In 3yrs+ they couldn't improve the level of Govt primary or secondary schools, so a jingoistic step was needed.

Pls re-read my posts, the following and others.

Your solution is vague to say the least. Gradually easing means nothing without details. Detailed pros and cons of each approach as well please. Are you suggesting a rollout period of 10 years by gradually?? Heck, even in UK it doesn't happen like that. Recent changes in UK were implemented within 2 years that disadvantaged many students having to switch syllabus during GCSE and A Levels years.

Th
The biggest irony is that the woman behind this sham program herself was educated at World class institute like Harvard and would probably send her children to places like Atichison which is exempt from SNC.

Then it negates the very claim of being the "single" national curriculum from the get-go.

Your solution is vague to say the least. Gradually easing means nothing without details. Detailed pros and cons of each approach as well please.
Means you dont flip flop, dont force things down peoples throat. The following post is very clear, but I guess you are trying to be difficult on purpose. Pls continue......

You have raised a very valid point, from start. NOT what is happening now i.e. Gr1 to Gr5 for everyone in one go, and Gr6 & Gr7 next year. Instead of gradually easing it in from KG, in the next academic year.

This is going to create a shit storm, Wait for the U-Turn

In 3yrs+ they couldn't improve the level of Govt primary or secondary schools, so a jingoistic step was needed.

Means you dont flip flop, dont force things down peoples throat. The following post is very clear, but I guess you are trying to be difficult on purpose. Pls continue......

I am attempting to have a logical discussion with you but now I think you are either ill-informed or don't have sufficient information to continue!

Read my full post, incase you missed it:

Your solution is vague to say the least. Gradually easing means nothing without details. Detailed pros and cons of each approach as well please. Are you suggesting a rollout period of 10 years by gradually?? Heck, even in UK it doesn't happen like that. Recent changes in UK were implemented within 2 years that disadvantaged many students having to switch syllabus during GCSE and A Levels years.

The demonic powers to be are using cannite male chauvinism adopted and accepted by the clergy and general public to the detriment of an institution like marriage which is essentially meant to understand and serve Toheed . No wonder it was declared to be half the Faith.

And you know better then me what a disturbed marriage could beget and dump it on the streets ------. @jamahir

Sir you dont either handover your kids to the enemy for getting educated. The Japanese purely teach their kids ethics until I guess 3rd grade?

Then it negates the very claim of being the "single" national curriculum from the get-go.

Some people, are more equal than others.

I am attempting to have a logical discussion with you but now I think you are either ill-informed or don't have sufficient information to continue!

Read my full post, incase you missed it:

I read your post, and understood the pain you are going though. I sponsor poor kids education, hence am very well aware of the idiotic crap pulled by this dumb govt in the middle of an academic year. But you failing to understand why kids should not be disrupted in this manner, says you are just trolling.

You dont shove it down the throat, You start it from KG / Gr1 onwards. This just distracts kids from the already ridiculous mugging crap that they are taught in school, aka rattafication.

I will stay ill inofrmed, and you look up a dictionary and try to figure out what "gradual easing " actually means.

Can someone post the working draft of the curriculum?

The OP is some Raj opinions.

Can someone post the working draft of the curriculum?

The OP is some Raj opinions.
Jist is, everyone from Grade 1 to Grade 5 will study Social Science + Islamiyat in Urdu, irrespective of Matric or Cambridge system, or the stage the academic year is in, from this month onwards.

Grade 6 to 8 from next academic year.

From Grade 9 onwards Cambridge System schools will revert to English.

Jist is, everyone from Grade 1 to Grade 5 will study Social Science + Islamiyat in Urdu, irrespective of Matric or Cambridge system, or the stage the academic year is in, from this month onwards.

Grade 6 to 8 from next academic year.

From Grade 9 onwards Cambridge System schools will revert to English.

Fundamentals do get ingrained during this early education phase.

This should be good to provide a base for future reforms from Grade 6 onwards.

Government must ensure a finished product by 16 to 20 years.

What's this got to do with Martials law?

Its quite ironic that an ideal of civilization like freedom to choose is coming from an indian. Coz all i see is a sub conscious/intentional effort to sabotage any step of providing level playing field to every kid. But then indian society in essence is based on discriminating caste system .

Many would argue that sub par syllabus gonna severely impact the new generation. ok then let it be , coz the elite isn't even willing to provide what they may have wanted for their own kids citing various reasons like finances and subtle references to social Darwinism. @Verve @fitpOsitive @jamahir @Blacklight
The Japanese purely teach their kids ethics until I guess 3rd grade?

1. Yes, ethics teaching should be compulsory. That is why Japan seems to be a better society than India and Pakistan where only immediate technical knowledge is taught and the student is left to unquestioningly absorb and forward any wrong aspect of the society.

2. Education must be free and there should be an evolved economic system so that students don't have to resort to ignore their personal choice of study and join IT and MBA courses just to be able to make a comfortable living after they graduate. This leads not only to a miserable life for the students and the possibility of student suicides but also will not help the society as a whole to develop intellectually and technologically. For example, in India more than 160,000 computer engineers graduate from various types of colleges / universities every year and this has been so for the last at least 20 years. Yet there is not a single local design of the two most fundamental elements in a classical computer - the microprocessor and the operating system ? Why ? What have these computer engineers learned and what is the research and development they are doing in their high-paying jobs in IT companies ? Such a result is because the education system produces drone wage slaves and not educated workers and contributors.

3. I agree that students should have pride in their mother tongue and be conversant in their regional language and national language but I believe that English is the primary acceptable transnational language of trade and technology. But yes, languages can derive words and terminology from foreign ones like the Russian phrase "Raketnaya tekhnika" come most definitely from the English word "Rocketry". And yes, other languages come up with words through indigenous development to express ideas in arts and technology like the Arabic word "Nafura" for fountain.

Back
Top Bottom