What's new

Sikh group protests Sonia Gandhi's presence in US

Sikhs must also understand that some Sikhs supported separatists movement in Indian Punjab way back in early 80s.....also the guys who killed former Indian PM Indira Gandhi were Sikhs.....these are very serious issues.....they should not be over sensitive when they turn out for protesting...they should not forget what some people from their own community have done before taking to the streets

a sikh did not kill indira gandhi...a separatist killed indira gandhi...

Sikhs deserve their own separate country just like Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Jews have their own separate countries.

And which is Hindu country? Hindus don't have any seperate country either. Nepal was the only surviving Hindu country but fell to maoists. Neither is there any Buddhist country? Nor any Jain country, Nor any Sikh country?

That's what VHP/RSS/Bajrang Dal want. Make India for Indian religions. :P

And which is Hindu country? Hindus don't have any seperate country either. Nepal was the only surviving Hindu country but fell to maoists. Neither is there any Buddhist country? Nor any Jain country, Nor any Sikh country?

That's what VHP/RSS/Bajrang Dal want. Make India for Indian religions. :P
The RSS family has bigoted hindu supremacist worldview. If you want make India like RSS wants, you may as well carve out a khalistan and give sikhs their due.

I thought there was a crackdown to improve quality.

Maybe the quality of the crackdown needs improvement.

I guess this is where they can protest without being tortured to death. India's Govt decimated the Sikhs. They continue to kill the Sikhs with impunity. MMS could deliver justice to the Sikhs, but he chose to be the Italian woman's lapdog. MMS is a traitor to his kind.

He along with others before him turned Punjab into the Indian narcotics addiction hotbed.

lol As if the US cares about this law, they have Israeli leaders coming over all the time.

India should give Sikhs Indian Punjab and independence. :)

Who cares about the Sikhs? A bunch of irrelevant people even their own Hindu superiors abuse them and have attacked their holy temple. So they can protest all they want they better love living in Hindustan under their Hindu countrymen whom they serve.

You Pakistanis are always looking to stoke flames between minorites in India and create problems that don't exist, read this extract from the diary of an ex IA SF officer:

In 1984, after Operation Bluestar there was anguish in the Sikh community
over the desecration of the holiest of their shrines. Some of this anger and
hurt was visible in the Army too.

I remember the first Sikh festival days after the event — the number of
army personnel of every religious denomination that thronged the regimental
Gurudwara of the nearest Sikh battalion was the largest I had seen. I
distinctly remember each officer and soldier who put his forehead to the
ground to pay obeisance appeared to linger just a wee bit longer than usual.
Was I imagining this? I do not think so. There was that empathy and caring
implicit in the quality of the gesture that appeared to say, “You are hurt
and we all understand.”

We were deployed on the Line of Control those days.Pakistani troops deployed opposite the Sikh battalion yelled across to express their ’solidarity’ with the Sikhs.

The Sikh havildar shouted back that the Pakistanis had better not harbour
any wrong notions. “If you dare move towards this post, we will mow you
down.”

It is true on the most part the majority of Indians live in harmony in India but it would certainly help if the scoundrels who committed the crimes in 1984 were brought to book and Sonia Gandhi has certainly not helped in this regard.

I guess this is where they can protest without being tortured to death. India's Govt decimated the Sikhs. They continue to kill the Sikhs with impunity. MMS could deliver justice to the Sikhs, but he chose to be the Italian woman's lapdog. MMS is a traitor to his kind.

He along with others before him turned Punjab into the Indian narcotics addiction hotbed.

One more expert on Indian sikhs shares his opinion...*facepalm*

Interesting. I didn't hear anything about this in California where I'm pretty sure most American Sikhs (Indian Punjabis) live.

Also, I don't why this thread turned into another "Khalistan this and that" fest. The protests are in response to Congress and how '84 was never closed properly in the minds of many Sikhs.

if this man is a real sikh....he should do something about his people who were raped by general barar and his men in 1984 to alter their genetics......if he can bring the sikh regiment onboard.....maybe we can see indian punjab as republic of khalistan next year.

You realize that Gen. Brar was himself an Sikh. According to his memoirs, before the Blue Star Operation he gave the option to his jawans (many of whom were Sikhs)of dropping out from the operation, but no one did and a young second Lt., a Sikh, volunteered to be the first one to enter the Golden Temple.

To this day Gen Brar defends his actions while many Hindu officers who have served under him later said that this operation could have avoided. Many Sikhs consider him a villain, he even said so, but he was just a loyal soldier discharging the orders of his political bosses. The buck stops with Indira Gandhi.

sikhs could have taught a good lesson to congress for 1984 riots only if they were united against congress. had congress out of power from punjab for all these yrs they surely would have done something abt culprits of 1984.

While its also true that i see many Hindus in Gurudwaras as well,many Hindus have faith in Guru nanak dev ji,many sikhs have faith in Sai baba.There is religious harmony specially in Hindu-Sikh relations.Ignorance won't change the fact.

Back
Top Bottom