What's new

Siachen Glacier, Fighting On The Roof Of The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
"ares" is the goddess of war. I applaud your creative genius for coming up with "ares-hole".

Unfortunately I don't know anything about multiple gods or godesses, I only have one. Please check my post I never used the term mentioned above. You gave that label to yourself.

Also I just Googled Ares and she is a he. You even got your sexes mixed up.

I had read it before hand ..those are but excuses for a botched up operation.. only a maniac general will get hundreds his own men killed just to prove it to himself that 'see I can get away it..without being bombed'

All I am asking is 13 yrs later.. what do you have to show for it..for the men who gave their lives there?

I am sure those were not trying to prove .."see I will give up my life because my general has an itch ..and he wants to prove it to Indians..that they can't attack us..even though we will try our best to provoke them ?

As far as my name is concerned ..you like to talk about warfare ..but you don't know who Ares is?

Ares - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hopefully the above will help you relate 'it' to some thing more pleasant than a self portrait.

We still have those four peaks under our control, and our our troops managed to kill more of your troops because they had the higher ground. Dont look too much into those Bollywood movies because they make your soldiers look like super humans. Its an irony that Indian Armed Forces pride themselves upon defending each and every inch of Indian territory while those 4 peaks are still under Pakistan's occupation. As Bossman said, Kargil was a good way to set up the future rules of engagement. The next two times both our Armies stood eye ball to eye ball, yours blinked both times so goes to show me that your Army does not has the capacity to force Pakistan into submission. All this hysteria of Cold Start Doctrine has died down because it appears clear to me that this doctrine cannot be achieved by the likes of the Indian Army, it simply lacks the Officer Core that is required to pull of a feat like that. After Desert Storm, the standard has been set so high by NATO that every country is trying to imitate what NATO forces did to Iraq.

We still have those four peaks under our control, and our our troops managed to kill more of your troops because they had the higher ground. Dont look too much into those Bollywood movies because they make your soldiers look like super humans.
Its an irony that Indian Armed Forces pride themselves upon defending each and every inch of Indian territory while those 4 peaks are still under Pakistan's occupation.

If your prime minster is to believed then no!!...but do also tell are those 4 peaks that offer no strategic leverage what so ever..worth the lives of hundred of soldiers that you gave to acquire them?
Because Indian army has decided they do not pose a threat..see a general does not have to be all cavalier but also sensible for the lives of his soldiers.

As Bossman said, Kargil was a good way to set up the future rules of engagement.

While giving final briefing to your soldiers..did you give them this codswallop?

"See we have no strategic objectives in this operation..but you all will die..because we want prove it to Indians that they can't attack us..even if we provoke them"??

The next two times both our Armies stood eye ball to eye ball, yours blinked both times so goes to show me that your Army does not has the capacity to force Pakistan into submission. All this hysteria of Cold Start Doctrine has died down because it appears clear to me that this doctrine cannot be achieved by the likes of the Indian Army, it simply lacks the Officer Core that is required to pull of a feat like that. After Desert Storm, the standard has been set so high by NATO that every country is trying to imitate what NATO forces did to Iraq.

Fortunately for you, it is our politicians and not our armed forces, who calls the shots in this country and yes our present crop of politicians do not have the stomach for war.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about multiple gods or godesses, I only have one. Please check my post I never used the term mentioned above. You gave that label to yourself.

Also I just Googled Ares and she is a he. You even got your sexes mixed up.

Not a hindu god, sunshine....this guy belongs to greek mythology. FYI...IM NOT A HINDU. And ARES usually comes under "general knowledge".

Thankyou ares and bossman for a wonderful discussion. Not enlightening but it was guud to see that people can talk sense at times. Thanks again.

Oops.. Opened the thread looking for a Siachen discussion and found Kargil. But no harm done, both were victories for the Indian side. The first one gave India control over a strategic piece of real estate and second one resulted in a sizable blow to the credibility of Pakistani claims on Kashmir.

After reading all these, I still wonder how the truth is kept under the wrap and showed as a 'victory' to most of the people in a nation. I'm saying this coz some 'think tanks' too believe in this notion.

As one Western historian wrote,

In one of his articles covering the Kargil conflict, Brian Cloughley said,
"Indian public wanted to be assured of a victory, and their frivolous media provided them with this victory".

i salute indian troops who guard the indian side of glacier.

Kashmir, as per Pakistan, is a disputed country.

Therefore, if there is a part of Kashmir that is vacant and which is rightfully Indians, as per India's point of view, how is it that India started the show?

There is nothing about India being stubborn. Just because India beat Pakistan to the draw, it doesn't mean that the action was wrong. If Pakistan occupied it before India, would you then say that it was a wrong action?

One could even argue, given your slant of argument, Pakistan should quit Kashmir, since she started it!

Obviously, the logic is flawed, when observing with the background of the issue.

If you understood military operations in High Altitude, you would realise why the Indian Army is not keen to quit the heights.

Ask a military person to explain it to you.

the reason behind reluctant of indian army is simple.
if you dominate heights,you are already superior to enemy.

This is why there will never be peace between these two countries, the indian's will always be our enemies :)

As one Western historian wrote,

In one of his articles covering the Kargil conflict, Brian Cloughley said,
"Indian public wanted to be assured of a victory, and their frivolous media provided them with this victory".

I read the same article , and I never found him saying that. Can you please post that article or the relevant link, Windjammer? Otherwise you know how the members of this forum are: always insisting on the truth and all that.....

I read the same article , and I never found him saying that. Can you please post that article or the relevant link, Windjammer? Otherwise you know how the members of this forum are: always insisting on the truth and all that.....

Yup, Talking about truth and all that comes with it, care to point out where did I even mention the article which you claim to have read. ???
More over, if you have read the same article, perhaps you should post it and prove me wrong for once.
And while members have the right to know the truth, the MODS are also keen on Trolls and all that.

You can see the difference between Northern/Western Indian Hindus and Southern Indian Hindus. The Northern Indian Hindus are much more decent and self respecting people compared to the Southerners and this is due to a longer Islamic influence. Also you very conviniently forgot the impact of the sufis.

Why dont you englighten your experience on how you came to decide that "Southern Hindus" are indecent and less self-respecting . BTW when you ppl were nomads hunting for food we were growing our own grains,building cities and wearing clothes made of silk. So it is but natural we (South Indians) have a condescending attitude towards you.

- A Southern Indian Hindu :lol:

Nothing to do with this topic.

Why do you have to quote this ?? You could have better left the original post. :hitwall:

Yup, Talking about truth and all that comes with it, care to point out where did I even mention the article which you claim to have read. ???
More over, if you have read the same article, perhaps you should post it and prove me wrong for once.
And while members have the right to know the truth, the MODS are also keen on Trolls and all that.

I ask you for proof ( like I always do) and you ask me to help you out here?!?!? So basically you don't know how to find the article which you pretend to have read!

Are you not tired of getting caught lying so often by me? Or do you like this ritual flogging?

Once again, where is the article in which Brian Cloughley said,
"Indian public wanted to be assured of a victory, and their frivolous media provided them with this victory". ? If you can find it, I will thank you. If you cannot find, I will call you a dishonest poseur (Pardon my French)

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Why dont you englighten your experience on how you came to decide that "Southern Hindus" are indecent and less self-respecting . BTW when you ppl were nomads hunting for food we were growing our own grains,building cities and wearing clothes made of silk. So it is but natural we (South Indians) have a condescending attitude towards you.

- A Southern Indian Hindu :lol:

Why do you have to quote this ?? You could have better left the original post. :hitwall:

+ 1 !

I can't wait for this answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom