What's new

Should Pakistan Start R&D for Space Mission

Looks like there are more Indians than Pakistanis here - sorry for misleading topic phrase.
So, based on sample, I think our collateral answer is 'NO'.

better to invest for Military satellites and no need of others ... especially launching pads cuz already there are many countries are available for launch satellites... better to invest on mil sat tech and send through China.... woh waqt guzar gaya ... SUPARCO nay Anda diya hey pichlay 30 saloon may see where is ISRO and where is SUPARCO (organization launched before ISRO)

Tens of billions a year are spent on subsidies and direct benefit transfers to the poorest in India but these clowns are concerned about a $5m space mission that will likely help in attracting foriegn contracts for ISRO worth tens of millions in the long term.
You forgot corruption which is the main driver for poverty. More money is lost in corruption than any thing else. ISRO is actually utilizing the money povided to the fullest possible extent and delivering great value. But any way we cannot expect most pakistanis on PDF to think rationally when the subject involves India.

Keeping aside all the objectives, if Pakistan doesnt take up space mission, then who would represent Muslim Ummah in outerspace?

Pakistan can act as catalyst in Muslim Ummah by reaching outerspace and showcasing the positive side of technology and growth. It can be inspiration for youngs in many countries and would make the pakistanis feel proud and happy about there achievement among all the internal issues. Like how Nuclear Tests got the country together and morals went high.

Sending satellites is just entry into space, the technologies built on this platform will open up the future which may be beyond Earth. And there is a reason why private companies have jumped into this....

With 490 M $, Canada is tenth on the space programs list.
Thye are nowhere near a space mission by themselves, not
even thinking about it.
Pakistan' space program would need somewhere around the
1B$ per year ( equal that of China ) for a couple decades to
put up a manned mission or roughly .5% of GDP. Even then,
a lot of engineers and tech would be imported.
And that's by comparing to the most cash efficient program!

Keeping the national R&D alive is a must including on pros-
-pectives such as men in space but for space exploration,
cooperation ( if only on funding ) will be required.

So spearheading the Umma in orbit yes, but the Umma must cut in.

The future of man in space won't be on a national basis anyhow.

All the best to all of you and yours, Tay.

Depends on how many number of future satellite launches; however, given small number, I think it is better to outsource instead of launching our-self. However, in terms of capacity building, I've heard of work in progress on domestic level with slightly less than moderate priority. But, again, if some South Asian country thinks the countries will use their commercial satellite launch service, that would be highly unlikely because there is great deal of politics involved in such contracts.
A number of foreign companies are using Indian launch vehicles including Google, etc. We make a tidy sum that subsidizes our domestic operations.

If all the world governments took part in colonizing Mars it would take half the time. But it's a good move. :agree:

It will be on a national basis.

Every major country in the world is seeing where things are headed.

The next phase of Colonization will start in just about 2 decades from now. The phase of colonizing territory on other planets - for everything, technological reasons to resource reasons. And it will be on a national basis.

Not very different from how competing claims on Arctic by the powers now except that everyone is already present there.

This one will be exactly like it was during the European imperial age. Where explorer's were launched to other parts of the world to capture land/resources for their home countries. Countries who put in more money and could sustain their operations won out, while other powers lost out.

Last edited:
With 490 M $, Canada is tenth on the space programs list.
Thye are nowhere near a space mission by themselves, not
even thinking about it.
Pakistan' space program would need somewhere around the
1B$ per year ( equal that of China ) for a couple decades to
put up a manned mission or roughly .5% of GDP. Even then,
a lot of engineers and tech would be imported.
And that's by comparing to the most cash efficient program!

Keeping the national R&D alive is a must including on pros-
-pectives such as men in space but for space exploration,
cooperation ( if only on funding ) will be required.

So spearheading the Umma in orbit yes, but the Umma must cut in.

All the best to all of you and yours, Tay.

Of course, it costs. But, unlike Canada or France, Pakistan is have an edge if things are created domestically in terms of cost. So, same thing can be done here with much less budget.

Last edited:
Keeping aside all the objectives, if Pakistan doesnt take up space mission, then who would represent Muslim Ummah in outerspace?

Pakistan can act as catalyst in Muslim Ummah by reaching outerspace and showcasing the positive side of technology and growth. It can be inspiration for youngs in many countries and would make the pakistanis feel proud and happy about there achievement among all the internal issues. Like how Nuclear Tests got the country together and morals went high.

Sending satellites is just entry into space, the technologies built on this platform will open up the future which may be beyond Earth. And there is a reason why private companies have jumped into this....

That was very very naughty of you young man.... :astagh:

Certain things we can't copy cat even if you steal . You need expertise. Then you have to show the world what you are capable of...like USA Japan Israel to an extended Russia..

Mars missions are not child's play else it is like the Wrong March instead of Long March. Like you said may be Pakistan has to wait until Long March reaches the Mars. Mean time eliminate the poverty, slums , and the poor. You have time.
ohh plz pakistan has one of the best expertise in the world

This one will be exactly like it was during the European imperial age. Where explorer's were launched to other parts of the world to capture land for their home countries. Countries who put in more money and could sustain their operations won out, while other powers lost out.

Landing and establishing humans on other planets
is going to be a factor N operation compared to
crossing Pangeas' seams. I must disagree entirely.

But, unlike Canada or France, Pakistan is have an edge if things are created domestically.

I'm sorry mate but I can't get your point.
Please clarify it so I can answer you, Tay.

Landing and establishing humans on other planets
is going to be a factor N operation compared to
crossing Pangeas' seams. I must disagree entirely.
I never said otherwise.

And back in the day, things were equally difficult considering the technology then - imagine 1100 AD.

And this space colonization race is not just about establishing humans on other planets. The majority of the colonization work will be done remotely without a human there. Completely autonomous mining operations and the like.

Then the questions will arise - who does the mine belong to ? Where does the profit go to? The answer will be to the company/country who went there. Whoever stakes their claim first.

For today, every major economy who can afford it is planning for it. There is a space race brewing right underneath the surface. About who can capture the most profitable resources at lowest cost. No nation has outright said it yet, but all of the competitors are sharpening their knives. Just wait and watch my friend, you don't have to do anything.

Just wait and watch my friend, you don't have to do anything.

Let's do that silently then and check on each other if
say a moon station is built and by whom?
If humanity doesn't unify before expanding in space,
we'll meet species that have and be trampled.
As for robotic exploration, the big projects are already
all cooperative for many reasons. We'll see.

Read you later, Tay.

Back
Top Bottom