What's new

Should Pakistan Start R&D for Space Mission

Let's do that silently then and check on each other if
say a moon station is built and by whom?
If humanity doesn't unify before expanding in space,
we'll meet species that have and be trampled.
As for robotic exploration, the big projects are already
all cooperative for many reasons. We'll see.

Read you later, Tay.
They are cooperative at this stage my friend. They will be cooperative 'companies' with shareholdings at a later stage. We are not meeting any species for the next few decades atleast. All mining operations et all will be conducted around Mars ,Venus, passing asteroids and the like.

East India company was also a company formed by entrepreneurs who invested and had shareholding agreements who were risking their money during the colonization phase. Its not going to be very different. Except that this time, India too is in the game.

They are cooperative at this stage my friend. They will be cooperative 'companies' with shareholdings at a later stage. We are not meeting any species for the next few decades atleast. All mining operations et all will be conducted around Mars ,Venus, passing asteroids and the like.

East India company was also a company formed by entrepreneurs who invested and had shareholding agreements who were risking their money during the colonization phase. Its not going to be very different. Except that this time, India too is in the game.
before we go further.. can we just agree to give equal right to any sentient alien beings that we might come across?.... :)

PK will regret soon if does not start now..
...such space program will bring more opportunity, money and work to you ...as you will be known as a technologically advanced country to other counties...

Last edited:
as you will be known as a technologically advanced country to other counties...

Hmm, this is not about boasting. Knowledge, capacity building, autonomy and presence are the real motives - my view, but you're right about timing, once you loose the window the advantage is gone. I like the idea of letting other do heavy lifting, but if you develop too much gap, it would be impossible to fill the gap.

Don't we think Pakistan should start venture with China for some future space Mission?

We need to create partnerships with China, Iran, KSA and other countries and create an organisation like the European space agency and share the costs and technology.

We must not spend resources on any venture that doesn't bring in foreign exchange and/or doesn't provide security benefits. We need a much better economy before we can afford the luxury of joining the space race. If we believe we can benefit the economy by providing space services (satellite launch, transport to moon/MARS for other nations), very well. But I highly doubt we could turn the investment into profit any time soon.

Love to see how Pakistan gets so jealous as we make great strides. You guys could have been a part of this but were to scared to be one nation....Instead you did what you guys do best....act like a poodle for your masters....

The intent is there, but organisations like SUPARCO have a very political nature. Department heads and upper level executive positions are changed after every national election (5 years) and the positions are mostly, if not all, filled by party cronies.

So now there are incompetent people cycled every 5 years. This means there is absolutely no progress.

A development cycle just for R&D into satellite launch will require at least 8-10 years.

Even then, the organization has to be efficiently managed with people who know what they are doing to set the goals, but does'nt happen due to above mentioned

Not that much Long i think we are near
Pakistan should start a Space mission to the extend of Spy sat and for the rest Pakistan should stay on earth there is much to learn on earth lets first finish that and then look towards Space. People are destroying perfect inhabitable planet earth how will they run a planet not inhabitable

Back
Top Bottom