What's new

Should Pakistan sign an early deal for the Type-55 Destroyer ?

Should Pakistan begin negotiations for Chinese Destroyers ?

• Yes! After 2020 off course

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No! You're out of your mind

Votes: 29 22.3%

• Total voters
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Hey bilal

How much more will Tariq class (ex british frigates) serve in Pakistan Navy? Is Pakistan Navy considering to replace it? Initially Alamgir Class (ex US frigates) were considered but I feel this deal is closed after we received only one.

Or Pakistan Navy can go for a lighter version of type 52c or d like in 4500-5000 tonnes range and this ship will cost like $400 mn each so we can go for two initially. Simple Type 52 destroyer was 4800 tonnes and PLA navy paid $146 mn for it in 1994
The Type 21s will likely be replaced by the MILGEM Ada corvettes. KSEW and STM signed an MoU for the MILGEM in May, they'll ink the final contract by the end of this month.

The Type 21s will likely be replaced by the MILGEM Ada corvettes. KSEW and STM signed an MoU for the MILGEM in May, they'll ink the final contract by the end of this month.

We have 5 type 21 frigates and as far as I know we are going to sign a deal for 4 ada class corvettes.

Secondly Ada class is 2300 tonnes while type 21 was 3200 tonnes. Do you have any information about the rest of alamgir like frigates ordered from US? There is also a thread going on PDF about Pakistan Navy ordering more f-22 frigates?

We have 5 type 21 frigates and as far as I know we are going to sign a deal for 4 ada class corvettes.

Secondly Ada class is 2300 tonnes while type 21 was 3200 tonnes. Do you have any information about the rest of alamgir like frigates ordered from US? There is also a thread going on PDF about Pakistan Navy ordering more f-22 frigates?
No additional FFG-7/Alamgir frigates are coming.

The MILGEM is lighter than the Type 21, but it is just as well - if not better - armed in terms of AShW and ASW.

Tariq class Type 21 are old enough, need to be replaced son.
There were news that contract for additional four upgraded F- 22 was signed.
Those ships will then replace type 21.

It looks like a floating garbage.
:blah::argh: Say's who ??:pop:
a country having no defense against the anti ship missile if placed in front of it and since having both the most potent counter missile for each other at same place you know what i mean :enjoy:
having a four layer defense doesn't insure safety all time but can little the probability to kill your destroyer or ac with one missile :butcher:
:guns::cheesy:

:blah::argh: Say's who ??:pop:
a country having no defense against the anti ship missile if placed in front of it and since having both the most potent counter missile for each other at same place you know what i mean :enjoy:
having a four layer defense doesn't insure safety all time but can little the probability to kill your destroyer or ac with one missile :butcher:
:guns::cheesy:
Still a garbage. No superstructure.

PN should now go for bigger & advanced Navy ships.

bfb71f65ly1fh0ql8fe61j216o0pie81.jpg

The first 055 missle cruiser with 12800 tons of full displacement was launched this morning in Shanghai JiangNan Shipyard.

the completion degree before launch is very high, make me wondering it's been ready for sea trial.

bfb71f65ly1fh0ql8fe61j216o0pie81.jpg

The first 055 missle cruiser with 12800 tons of full displacement was launched this morning in Shanghai JiangNan Shipyard.

the completion degree before launch is very high, make me wondering it's been ready for sea trial.
good news.

Type 55 shall be no doubt a very potent destroyer and worthy opponent of VIshakhapatnam class Destroyer. If pakistan ordres it, it will surely improve the pakistan Naval power by a huge margin.
type 55 id designed keeping USA in mind.
more over it needs support from a group of ships
Its too much in pakistan hands

China can customize PN a new DDG using type 55 technology on 052D platform.

232751u6zhmzzjtz6hwjhv.jpg

022336r11dsd186nu4yns9.jpg

095537lob31s52ta5g11i2.jpeg

Maybe, 055 has more AESA bricks than any other war ships on the planet now.

215134bq9quwrir7ez5qu2.jpg

Future Arleigh Burke III

9358d109b3de9c82079906f86b81800a18d843cd.jpg

Kolkata

Back
Top Bottom