What's new

Should Pakistan sign an early deal for the Type-55 Destroyer ?

Should Pakistan begin negotiations for Chinese Destroyers ?

• Yes! After 2020 off course

Votes: 101 77.7%
  • No! You're out of your mind

Votes: 29 22.3%

• Total voters
No offense, but I just don't understand why Indians are so proud of their Kolkata class destroyers. It took the Indians more than 10 years to build one ship. And today Indian navy only has 3 Kolkata. This speed is totally unacceptable in China. We already have six 052c and six 052d serving in our navy, and seven more 052d are coming in less than 2 years. And four 055 is under construction, and at least one of them will hit the water in this year.

And let us take a closer look of the Kolkata: radar(made in Israel), air missile(made in Israel), VLS(made in Russia), engine(made in Ukraine), steel(made in Russia), command system(Canada), design(Italy). Only assembled in India. I am wondering what Indians gonna to do when they lost one ship during the war time, they definitely are not able to build a new one immediately at their own factory.
It is no shame to use other country's technology, but make sure you can manufacture them at your home, weapons are not smart phones. I highly suspect that the Indian high officials took large amount of commissions in arm trade with foreigners.

And for my Pakistan brothers, I don't think 055 is suitable for PN. It is too large and too expensive to buy and operate, it was designed to protect aircraft carriers. I guess China would like to export Aegis destroyers 052c/d to Pakistan in the foreseeable future.
Honestly we really hope Pakistan could have a strong military and become the leader of the Sunni muslim world. We don't have any positive feelings regarding the Saudis and Turks. Especially the Turks, they detained the Varyag for more than a year when the ship was towing back to China, and they gave us the permission to passed their sea only after we offered a huge amount of money and military technology. Their action delayed the service of our first aircraft carrier 001 for at least a year. No wonder people in Chinese navy dislike the Turks today.
how about 052d+054b+s20 .

Nice!

And thank you for sharing your views on a thread that is TWO YEARS OLD.

Bahi last post ke date to dekh lea krain.

Bhai kafi dair sai koi destroyer wali discussion nae hoe thi to mainai socha keh mai re-start kr doun lol

Type 42 destroyers built in 1975 and in service until 2013 were 4,000 ton vessels. Type 45 destroyers are 8,500 beasts.

US Arleigh Burke class destroyers are also of about 8 to 9000 DWT displacement. On the other hand Ticonderoga class cruisers are a bit under 10,000 ton size.

We have a 12,000 ton warship classified as Destroyer!! Should the trend continue 2030 destroyers could be size of WW2 battleships!

Type 45 destroyer costs more than £1-billion per ship. Arliegh Burke class costs $1.8- billion. I wonder how much will the Type 055 cost? To be state of the art, I doubt it would be a lot less than $800-million per unit. Before some of my compatriots start day dreaming, let us ask ourselves some pertinent questions?

1. How many can we afford and how much of the PN budget will be needed to maintain each of the vessels?

2. We are not looking to browbeat major maritime powers far from our shores but only need vessels to protect our trade sea lanes. Wouldn’t larger number of capable smaller warships, say ADA class, give Pak Navy bigger bang for the buck? One can have 4 of ADA Corvettes for the price of a single type 055.

View attachment 210755
View attachment 210757

The Chinese navy has started construction
on a chinese missle destroyer. The ship it self has a displacement of over 12000 tons .The destroyer is still in its peliminary stages pakistan should negotiate a deal in which by the beggining of 2020 pakistan should recieving these destroyers as the old british or also known as tariq class frigates will be worn out. The possibilities are endless if the navy is going for 4 new f22p or f23 p frigates and 8 new or used submarine pakistan should also pitch in on 1 or 2 destroyers.

Type 55 shall be no doubt a very potent destroyer and worthy opponent of VIshakhapatnam class Destroyer. If pakistan ordres it, it will surely improve the pakistan Naval power by a huge margin.

Type 55 shall be no doubt a very potent destroyer and worthy opponent of VIshakhapatnam class Destroyer. If pakistan ordres it, it will surely improve the pakistan Naval power by a huge margin.
If Pakistan navy wish to import Chinese destroyers to contend against Indian current 3 kolkata or future visakhapatnam destroyers, type 052c/d is the right choice since they all have similar displacements and fire power. Type 055 is just too big and expensive. Type 055's potential opponent is future Arleigh Burke III or current Ticonderoga cruise. It is difficult to compare it with DDG-1000(Zumwalt) because they served different roles, but I have to say that the Zumwalt is equipped with the most cutting edge technology on this planet.

I was glad when I heard that Indian had launched visakhapatnam class destroyer(the design of kolkata is not my type). However, I just could not find a proper image of visakhapatnam. It seems like the Indian has a tradition to launch a ship without building upper deck infrastructures.

2. We are not looking to browbeat major maritime powers far from our shores but only need vessels to protect our trade sea lanes. Wouldn’t larger number of capable smaller warships, say ADA class, give Pak Navy bigger bang for the buck? One can have 4 of ADA Corvettes for the price of a single type 055.
As long as they have some good AAW capability sir.
Without that air warfare capability in shape of good long range radars and medium range anti-aircraft anti-missile missiles, say 80-100 Km range they will not survive the war for a very long time. The focus on heavier platforms in mainly to bring in that AAW capability

We need to get both Type 55 Destroyers and also Type 57 Frigates from China

If Pakistan navy wish to import Chinese destroyers to contend against Indian current 3 kolkata or future visakhapatnam destroyers, type 052c/d is the right choice since they all have similar displacements and fire power. Type 055 is just too big and expensive. Type 055's potential opponent is future Arleigh Burke III or current Ticonderoga cruise. It is difficult to compare it with DDG-1000(Zumwalt) because they served different roles, but I have to say that the Zumwalt is equipped with the most cutting edge technology on this planet.

I was glad when I heard that Indian had launched visakhapatnam class destroyer(the design of kolkata is not my type). However, I just could not find a proper image of visakhapatnam. It seems like the Indian has a tradition to launch a ship without building upper deck infrastructures.
INS-Visakhapatnam-2.jpg

THX for sharing this. But I would love to see one with upper deck infrastructures.
sir since their is not much news about it for a while and is still in development not much is known
6. The Project 15B Visakhapatnam-class destroyers maintain the same hull and propulsion package as the Project 15A Kolkata class. But Russia firm Northern Design Bureau, has been enlisted as design consultant to reduce the size of design's superstructure.[9]
this can also help you:tup:
with due respect
:guns::cheesy:

Yes Pak navy needs major modifications and new fleet of ships if we see our Navy it's most of air and sea fleet is 40 years old most of it

Pak navy with growing economy and more sea area recently we received we need a new larger ship of these type DDG 055 class bigger size brings a bigger longer range radars weapons with a bigger radar range we can keep eye on enemy from safer distance

We need to be not one dimensional navy of FRIGATES alone we need a heavier punch when needed. These Type 055 can also give air cover to other PN ships with better longer vls Sam system

Pak navy is treated by army as orphan they hardly get any funds

In my opinion army is well equipped we should distribute budget 30 perent army 30 percent airforce and 40 percent to Navy

Or give special fund to Navy of 15 billion dollars and China will give us easy creditto pay

sir since their is not much news about it for a while and is still in development not much is known
6. The Project 15B Visakhapatnam-class destroyers maintain the same hull and propulsion package as the Project 15A Kolkata class. But Russia firm Northern Design Bureau, has been enlisted as design consultant to reduce the size of design's superstructure.
this can also help you:tup:
with due respect
:guns::cheesy:
Thanks your effort again. As a military enthusiast, I was really excited to see India developing their unique destroyers. Coz both Japanese and Korean destroyers are basically Arleigh Burkes, a little bit boring.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Hey bilal

How much more will Tariq class (ex british frigates) serve in Pakistan Navy? Is Pakistan Navy considering to replace it? Initially Alamgir Class (ex US frigates) were considered but I feel this deal is closed after we received only one.

View attachment 405899 055 is a formidable beast,but the price will be too high for Pakistan,at least 6 ada class
If you want tackle Kolkata, 052c/d is enough

Or Pakistan Navy can go for a lighter version of type 52c or d like in 4500-5000 tonnes range and this ship will cost like $400 mn each so we can go for two initially. Simple Type 52 destroyer was 4800 tonnes and PLA navy paid $146 mn for it in 1994

Back
Top Bottom