What's new

Should Pakistan acquire more C-130?

That would work with only our Block-52+ (it needs CFT), no IFR for the MLUs.

Asalam O Alikum

It's in my knowledge but that is the easiest way to get most of your aircraft air refueling capable with least infrastructure, bucks etc. We are going to have 36 F16 Blk 52 so it will work for them along with ~70 JFT (Eventually 150 or so ) and Mirages. so i think this is the way to go. PAF may have them already.

Regards

The Y-8 and Y-9 have similar capabilities to the Herc...though not the pedigree. That being said PAF should look to acquire Y-9 or Y-30 in future with production capabilities if possible.

As far as, I know PAF inducted C130s back in 1962 to replace Bristol Freighter. IMHO, Pakistan should stick to C130s which are reliable and proven track record.
Pakistan has infrastructure for maintenance of these machines.
Further these aircrafts do not require ground support equipment while landing at unpaved strips for support missions.
We have, one of the best crews/maintenance personnel available in the world to handle these machines.

The Y-8 and Y-9 have similar capabilities to the Herc...though not the pedigree. That being said PAF should look to acquire Y-9 or Y-30 in future with production capabilities if possible.

Its the same. Y-9 and Y-20 are designed and build with the same benchmark as C-130 and Globemaster. Those who claimed shall not make comment on things they dont know.

Yes PA should buy more AC130 as they are advance & well suited for PA as Pakistan has been operating them for a very long time now. PA can also try to put a request for AC130 Gunship if they are interested in it & thinking about supporting ground troops with fire power.

As far as A400m goes, without a doubt A400m is a advance plane but expensive so I don't think PA will think about it for now. Of course there are more contenders but then lets wait & see what happens.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom