What's new

Shia rebels 'seize Yemen city'

These days, it's natural to blame Iran for anything, it's became a fashion. No one mentions the deep corruption that had gripped Yemen and extreme unsatisfactory situation of people, but when Houthis acted (with support of majority of Yemenis) Iran is suddenly accused of supporting Houthis to overthrow a 'legitimate' government, by gulf standards of course.
It's not only Iran now the blame goes for the whole shea! it's a plan to make the unholy war between shea and sunni the biggest conspiracy ever.

The truth is that Yemen has always been a highly unstable mess. In fact they have been in worse situations and turmoil. Lets not forget the uproar that overthrew president Saleh. Wasnt that a challenge to the state also? Yet not much fuss was made about it. Hadi has seemingly not been been much better.
But it strikes me as odd that everyone rings the alarms bell and make major news out of it now, just because the Houthis are on the frontline this time.
i am always on side of a strong national army and no militia can replace it the so called arab spring did not bring anything but death and extremists that is my opinion

i am always on side of a strong national army and no militia can replace it the so called arab spring did not bring anything but death and extremists that is my opinion

Arab spring was actually a plan to re-map middle east.

What's the situation now in Taiz? Is there fighting going on?

What's the situation now in Taiz? Is there fighting going on?

Battles in south, some reports that Houthis took heavy losses in first battle to occur in south. I'm not sure what this means but it's breaking news. So it might be referring to Aden or battle with tribes somewhere near there. But it's indicator that fight took place and possibly means ongoing battle happening but no specification on where.

Other Yemeni sources say it's army and southern separatists.

Explosion heard in Sanaa two hours ago.

EDIT: The clashes are between Taiz and Sabeehah provinces

Aden is largely calm at this point

Second EDIT:

The clashes came as houthis tried advancing to Sabeehah but offensive failed and Houthjs retreated according to reports

Third Edit:

New Houthi movements towards south reported, Hadi forces deploy 40 tanks in Aden

Last edited:
Unconfirmed report:

Saudi Ground Forces deployed in Taiz province

Unconfirmed report:

Saudi/GCC military aid is choice of Hadi at time he requests it

Second report may be true. If Hadi's legitimacy is squashed. It would mean no possible pro-Saudi or GCC government in Yemen. It would mean a Houthi influenced Yemen with Iranian access to ports. Its not likely they will let Aden fall. But at same time it seems like they haven't taken action ever since Houthis/army held sites at Taiz without much resistance.

domestic jihad is ok as long as civilized world is safe from it . carry on and keep killing each other

Houthis did not start the violence . I still remember them sitting in the streets for changes but the government and Al Qaeda attacked them and started the war .

Latest from various Arab Yemeni sources:

-Southern tribes loyal to Hadi clash with several dozen Houthi gunmen that at outskirts of Aden

-Kuwaiti official denies reports that GCC made decision for military intervention

-19 severed bodies of military found in Lahj province, beheaded by Al Qaeda

-President Hadi officialy requests military intervention from GCC/KSA

-Clashes in Marib between Houthis and Tribes, although not major. Large clashes in 'Baydaah' leading to dozens of casualties on both sides Houthis and other tribes

Houthis did not start the violence . I still remember them sitting in the streets for changes but the government and Al Qaeda attacked them and started the war .
Let me guess you don’t have that same opinion when it comes to Syria?

Saudi FM: If the 'coup' doesn't come to an end peacefully then countries in region will take other means

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom