What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

J-15 fighter can carry 6x anti-ship missiles (C80x series missiles) or 2x supersonic missiles (YJ series missiles)

0_2010052102250159yUe.jpg

001ec94a25e212ae4b6709.jpg

001ec94a25e212ae4b6708.jpg

7c1ed21b0ef41bd5fc30591d51da81cb38db3df3.jpg

37d3d539b6003af3e0516b89352ac65c1138b674.jpg

in the first pic i see two more smaller lighter missiles are they short range AAMs?

Congrats to China. :china:

Btw is it with domestic engine?

it's not just for the aircraft carrier, it's for the whole navy, and airforce. So I'm expecting the numbers to be in the hundreds.

Doesn't PLAAF has J11 to do the job. J15 is said to be a carrier borne fighter based on the airframe of J11 just like SU33 is based on SU27. And yes I believe china will produce 100s of these for future carriers that will go well beyond 2040.

Doesn't PLAAF has J11 to do the job. J15 is said to be a carrier borne fighter based on the airframe of J11 just like SU33 is based on SU27. And yes I believe china will produce 100s of these for future carriers that will go well beyond 2040.

It is not likely that anymore than 50 or so will be produced I think.

Only the current aircraft carrier will in all probability have the J-15.

Future carriers are likely to have the J-31 or another 5th generation fighter as their primary fighter.

J-15 cannot hope to fight F-35 but J-31 can.:D

It is not likely that anymore than 50 or so will be produced I think.

Only the current aircraft carrier will in all probability have the J-15.

Future carriers are likely to have the J-31 or another 5th generation fighter as their primary fighter.

J-15 cannot hope to fight F-35 but J-31 can.:D

J15 is a 4.5 gen fighter which can be upgraded with time. 4.5 gen fighters will be staying for the foreseeable future till 2040-2050 IMO. Look at F7 and Mirage V. They are still serving in different Air forces. J31 will not be out till 2025 and by that time PLAN will have another Aircraft carrier functioning I believe.

Congrats to China. :china:

Btw is it with domestic engine?

Most new fighters are in China. This one is definitely domestic engine. The new J-10Bs, the new J-11s and whatever else are more and more using domestic.

The next generation of J-20 and J-31 can't use bought engines, for the simple fact, the US won't sell, and deals with the Russians are what it is and it can't be in large enough numbers.

Most new fighters are in China. This one is definitely domestic engine. The new J-10Bs, the new J-11s and whatever else are more and more using domestic.

The next generation of J-20 and J-31 can't use bought engines, for the simple fact, the US won't sell, and deals with the Russians are what it is and it can't be in large enough numbers.

Don't U think china will be able to use domestic high performance engines in 5th gen stealth? It 2025 or 2030 we are talking about. I believe china will be able to make high performance reliable engines by then.

Don't U think china will be able to use domestic high performance engines in 5th gen stealth? It 2025 or 2030 we are talking about. I believe china will be able to make high performance reliable engines by then.

China is investing Billions every year on Engines. I

The new party leaders sees this engine plan as a validation to their rule.

The J-15 leader died of a heart attack as he saw his plane land on the liaoning. This is very cut throat business.

New WS-15 is in a very good stage and will be used on all J-20s when they enter production. We should be expect to see it in 2017 or 18.

The Chinese engine programs are getting more and more advanced, because, once you workout a ton of things, it gets "easier" from there.

It was never the design, but the manufacturing process and quality of the material and avaliablities of certain materials due to low manufacturing know how.

China makes progress in developing alloy for airplane engines | Latest | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

@Genesis J15 will be game changer, can you sell it in future ? if can, BD must go for it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job China. This will definitely help out building its military machine in the next coming decades. From what I can see its quite obvious that the PRC is becoming more dependent on its own ,but that doesn't mean they shouldn't look for friends because the more friends you have, the greater your power will be.

Let't hope the PRC power will grow and grow fast.

Back
Top Bottom