What's new

Sever ties with India, Pakistan tells Afghanistan

What a baseless demand? Afghanistan always have deep relations with India since 1947, it was Pakistan who never had good terms with Afghans since the day of Pakistan's creation.

How is it baseless in the first place ? Your presence there is not in our interests , why should we allow for that to continue ? :azn:

Despite the hostility which was started by the Afghans in the first place , we still provide food and almost everything from the transit route , play host to 3 million refugees and provide training .

If this happens, Afghanistan is doomed again ...

What , if Kabul severs its ties with India ?

How is it baseless in the first place ? Your presence there is not in our interests , why should we allow for that to continue ? :azn:

Despite the hostility which was started by the Afghans in the first place , we still provide food and almost everything from the transit route , play host to 3 million refugees and provide training .

What , if Kabul severs its ties with India ?

We allow ? What do you mean we allow ? all you can do is protest and nothing more ... you have completely lost control over Afghanistan for you to even talk about "allowing" anything . :lol:

Its the people of Afghanistan who will decide on their own ... Afghanistan is an independent country and they will make their own decisions .... These demands are at best laughable ....

We allow ? What do you mean we allow ? all you can do is protest and nothing more ... you have completely lost control over Afghanistan for you to even talk about "allowing" anything . :lol:

Its the people of Afghanistan who will decide on their own ... Afghanistan is an independent country and they will make their own decisions .... These demands are at best laughable ....

We still have that much influence in that country that you cant even imagine , a few years under the permission of a puppet regime shouldn't put you in any delusions of any sort ... Afghanistan is solely dependent on Pakistan for its needs ... Why do you think the Chicago summit and Bonn conference failed ? Why the hell do you think the Afghan Govt requests Pakistani co-operation for progress in these talks ? The USSR tried before and failed , the US is going next year abandoning the country , a war that they can neither afford to fight nor have the will left for it any longer ... Simply put , without Pakistan on board , there is little you can do there ...

Exactly , for the people to decide , first there must be a Central Govt in Afghanistan , at the moment it even lacks coherence as a nation ... You really think so ? :D Good for you to cheer for a regime that cant even exert control beyond the presidential palace in Kabul ...

Western hopes of leaving Afghanistan within reach of a peace deal when Nato troops pull out in 2014 are dimming, with planned negotiations in Qatar at a stalemate and Pakistan demanding that Afghanistan, for example, sever all ties with India in return for supporting the talks.

Afghans and foreigners across the political spectrum have been pushing hard for negotiations for several years, driven by concerns that the already-bloody insurgency could spiral into full-blown civil war when foreign forces have left.

A key reason for the failure is the ambivalence of the Pakistani government, which in recent weeks appears to have backed away from support for the process. :disagree:

The Afghan government says the demands are that ties with India be severed, that army officers be sent to Pakistan for training and that a strategic partnership deal be signed immediately. :lol:

“Unfortunately Pakistan today is changing the goalposts on its support for the peace process once again,” said the Afghan foreign ministry spokesman, Janan Mosazai.

“Pakistan somehow decided now to put down certain preconditions for its support for the peace process which are completely unacceptable to Afghanistan and to any other independent country.”

The deterioration in ties has already had an impact: one senior Afghan source said flights organised by Pakistan for militants to Doha had already been halted. Without transport for negotiators, talks are unlikely to get very far.

The Taliban themselves have remained elusive, attacking top government negotiators and refusing to publicly embrace talks.

The Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, visited the Qatari capital, Doha, at the weekend, where a handful of Taliban have set up base since 2011.

Sever ties with India, Pakistan tells Afghanistan - Hindustan Times

I read another article which says The Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, visited the Qatar's capital, Doha where the Taliban has an 'OFFICE' :lol:

If Afghanistan is divided along ethnic lines (formally or informally as in Iraq), guess what is going to happen in the tribal areas.

I thought you boys commenting on this thread like an Afghan affairs expert had any idea of reality on ground at least , but it turns out I was mistaken . Afghanistan has always been like that volatile and not completely stable and forget about dividing it , even if you try to alienate Pashtuns there in any way , that alone would be enough for that plan to fail and send that country into civil war .

The tribal areas will be safe , the loyalty of the Pashtuns living on this side of the Durand line is unquestionable ... I can assure you of that , much like the Afghans were when they attacked Bajaur once upon a time only to be turned back by the tribals .

I read another article which says The Afghan president, Hamid Karzai, visited the Qatar's capital, Doha where the Taliban has an 'OFFICE' :lol:

Yes they have , just because you came to know about it only recently doesn't make it funny or non existent , what is there to laugh about it ?

Any lasting solution/peace in Afghanistan need Pakistan's support, no doubt about that :coffee:

I thought you boys commenting on this thread like an Afghan affairs expert had any idea of reality on ground at least , but it turns out I was mistaken . Afghanistan has always been like that and forget about dividing it , even if you try to alienate Pashtuns there in any way , that alone would be enough for that plan to fail and send that country into civil war .

I am just looking at the possible outcomes after the US withdrawal.

It does seem that neither the ANA nor the Taliban will be in a position to enforce its writ on all of Afghanistan. We hope it doesn't degenerate into a civil war.

So the likely outcome is sort of self rule or division along ethnic lines (formal or informal).

The tribal areas will be safe , the loyalty of the Pashtuns living on this side of the Durand line is unquestionable ... I can assure you of that , much like the Afghans were when they attacked Bajaur once upon a time only to be turned back by the tribals .

True. But there is also a strong Pro Pushtun sentiment for those across the Durand. How that plays out in future has to be seen.

I thought you boys commenting on this thread like an Afghan affairs expert had any idea of reality on ground at least , but it turns out I was mistaken . Afghanistan has always been like that volatile and not completely stable and forget about dividing it , even if you try to alienate Pashtuns there in any way , that alone would be enough for that plan to fail and send that country into civil war .

Yes they have , just because you came to know about it only recently doesn't make it funny or non existent , what is there to laugh about it ?

Yeah I find it damn funny that a notorious terrorist organization have opened offices in the Middle East :rofl:

Yeah I find it damn funny that a notorious terrorist organization have opened offices in the Middle East :rofl:

Well , its surprising and something new :D But still seeing the coalition's progress in the country , doesn't lie in the realms of fiction ...

I am just looking at the possible outcomes after the US withdrawal.

It does seem that neither the ANA nor the Taliban will be in a position to enforce its writ on all of Afghanistan. We hope it doesn't degenerate into a civil war.

So the likely outcome is sort of self rule or division along ethnic lines (formal or informal).

True. But there is also a strong Pro Pushtun sentiment for those across the Durand. How that plays out in future has to be seen.

Alright , if it helps ... The US is more keen to bring Taliban in the mainstream if you want something that is likely to happen ...

I have always predicted a civil war after Americans depart , both do not have the power or resources to control Afghanistan completely , the ANA will most likely disintegrate and join different factions like NA or Iran backed , even today their loyalty is questionable ... But the thing to remember there that even today Taliban control a very significant part of Afghanistan and that is important ...

No , the Pashtuns will never accept that , a civil war is nothing new , that country has been like that for the past 200 years if you read history , so if it couldn't be divided then , then it isn't possible now ...

Of course , there is ... But not at the cost of betraying Pakistan , this much our planners know for sure looking at their past reactions and behaviors ...

Well Done!!! Nothing is free in this world and Northern Alliance is not trustworthy.

“Pakistan somehow decided now to put down certain preconditions for its support for the peace process which are completely unacceptable to Afghanistan and to any other independent country.”

The deterioration in ties has already had an impact: one senior Afghan source said flights organised by Pakistan for militants to Doha had already been halted. Without transport for negotiators, talks are unlikely to get very far.

Sever ties with India, Pakistan tells Afghanistan - Hindustan Times

Bolded a few points which should have been bolded ........

here is another one from Hindu

Pakistan denies asking Afghanistan to snap ties with India - The Hindu

At best, Pakistan would have asked Mr Karzai to limit their relations and to make sure the Afghan soil isn't being used by the Indians for anti Pakistan activity, not sever them completely, the FOX report said exactly that and the Indian media is well known for exaggerating things. You ask for our help in the peace process and we will naturally take advantage of that opportunity to make them stop anti Pakistan activity. Simple as that, talk to Taliban yourself if you are so uncomfortable with us, who's stopping you? :azn:

As for the above part, the Afghan Govt must be asked if it can exercise any control over areas except the Presidential palace. :D

The whole news is a complete fabrication and poor attempt to make India looks like the victim here propaganda journalism. At the end Guardian name is shown as it was the source of the news but doesent say guardian is the source.

Back
Top Bottom