What's new

Send Remittances to your family through Pakistan Post

Man if only we had 5-6 ministers like this guy.... some of the old babus don't even know how to operate a computer. This young guy is bringing Pakistan Post to the 21st century.

IT minister is some old MQM guy in his 60s who seems completely computer illiterate. Fruits of parliamentary democracy.

He is coming out from nowhere.... He is doing substantial work.... Sent my parcel to UK within 6 days for 2200 rupees only while TCS via UPS charges were 8k

They are running at a huge loss because they haven't updated their prices since 2009! It's great for us consumers but terrible for Pak Post's finances.

How to send remittance to Pakistan using Pakistan Post? It seems Pakistan Post is using western union for that purpose which takes 5 business days to transfer money to a bank account.

I use xoom and it sends money to Pakistan (Cash Pickup as well as Transfer to a bank account) instantly with a flat fee of $4.99 for amount up to $1000, for anything more there is no transaction fee.

How to send remittance to Pakistan using Pakistan Post? It seems Pakistan Post is using western union for that purpose which takes 5 business days to transfer money to a bank account.

I use xoom and it sends money to Pakistan (Cash Pickup as well as Transfer to a bank account) instantly with a flat fee of $4.99 for amount up to $1000, for anything more there is no transaction fee.
watch the end part of the video, no fee and delivery service will also start soon.

They are running at a huge loss because they haven't updated their prices since 2009! It's great for us consumers but terrible for Pak Post's finances.

It actually doesnt cost as much as DHL would charge you, As per one poster Rs. 8k for one pound that is 80CAD. Now me and my Two 70lbs luggage cost CAD 1200 to travel to Pakistan. My local Grocer sell Pakistani Tinda for CAD 6.00 a lbs and he have it Air Cargo from Pakistan. There is a lot of profit taking in this business.

There is a lot of profit taking in this business.

Yes and all the profits are being taken by private sector courier companies. Pak post is running at a loss because it hasn't updated prices in 10 years! 10 years of inflation and rupee depreciation. 10 years of over staffing and corruption.

Essentialy the private sector companies can outsource their business to pak post and still function profitably. You can start your own courier company by opening a few offices around the country and let pak post do the actually delivering. No need to invest in delivery infrastructure or anything expensive like that. This is called arbitrage and the cost will be borne by the taxpayer.

Back
Top Bottom