What's new

Self Defence side arms talk

The world is becoming chintu candy with all latest side arms like Glock or 9mm and stuff. In my opinion if you want to keep a good side arm for self defence the best option is Norinco 30 bore.

I wish things were this easy on this side of the world....but unfortunately not....
Govt has cancelled carry permits do you know anything what will be the option or we cannot carry guns anymore?

@BHarwana If you are talking about Punjab, then yes indeed Govt cancelled all carry permits in it's jurisdiction. However, new notification has been issued that all those who are in possession of Computerized Arm License can carry the weapon on them in concealed manner without any permit. However the ban is on brandishing, display or open carry of weapons.

You can check on Facebook - Shalimar Arms Dealer page, he has a copy. I got a copy with me too but am not in reach of my mobile phone right now.

The world is becoming chintu candy with all latest side arms like Glock or 9mm and stuff. In my opinion if you want to keep a good side arm for self defence the best option is Norinco 30 bore.
there are few issues with 7.62 x 25 that is why it is not recommnded for SD.
It is a high velocity round with no stopping power. Means it will pass through your opponent and ricochet. It may not take down your opponent, you can hit the poor bystander with this weapon, because it will penetrated through the car door and still hit the bystander.

although i myself have a Tokarev for carry purpose due to it's slim profile (mine is chambered for 9 x19), there are limitations to it. you cannot carry it with a round chambered, there is no firing pin block, no safety lever, so you carry this weapon with hammer down and one in the chamber, god forbid due to mechanical failure or dropping of the gun, it can fire off.

@BHarwana If you are talking about Punjab, then yes indeed Govt cancelled all carry permits in it's jurisdiction. However, new notification has been issued that all those who are in possession of Computerized Arm License can carry the weapon on them in concealed manner without any permit. However the ban is on brandishing, display or open carry of weapons.

You can check on Facebook - Shalimar Arms Dealer page, he has a copy. I got a copy with me too but am not in reach of my mobile phone right now.

It is a high velocity round with no stopping power. Means it will pass through your opponent and ricochet. It may not take down your opponent, you can hit the poor bystander with this weapon, because it will penetrated through the car door and still hit the bystander.

although i myself have a Tokarev for carry purpose due to it's slim profile (mine is chambered for 9 x19), there are limitations to it. you cannot carry it with a round chambered, there is no firing pin block, no safety lever, so you carry this weapon with hammer down and one in the chamber, god forbid due to mechanical failure or dropping of the gun, it can fire off.

Thanks for explaining that carry permit I was bit confused early.

Yes you have explained the weapon well but it is a good weapon.

emm...
walther??
sig??
come on..

beretta from brazil... When ppl talk can they at least talk about striker fired... SA/DA ?? come on..

Beretta 92 different category may be the compact version would compare with PPQ m2(that's what i have btw)
what you got?

Sig p365 conceal carry
Walther PPQ 2 for when I go hunting or can open carry.
These the two handguns I have, but I have played a lot with glock, hk and czs.
Money is no issue then

For me quality is must but NOT ay King's ransom
Glock and Beretta are overpriced

@balixd Sir like u i m just an student always try to learn :)
a)For SD i suggest hollow point due to its stopping power u cant expect everyone to double tap the intruder in mid-sec so if its hits any point chances better (thats why suggest shotgun over all).Outdoor u don't know what to expect if they are in car?FMJ is better choice(my opinion ) but if u are with family or anyone game over don't even think to resist NEVER.want that adventure do it when u faced it alone.If get chance always fired in air as gun purpose is to deterrent (here shotgun BOOM got extra advantage too)
2)Its nice idea if u ever start that topic again kindly tag me too as we first start from gun cleaning to handle first thats very very imp and most neglected thing esp in new shooter.Situational awareness is also an nice concept u can learn a lot if u learn how to see and evaluate things

Money is no issue then

Glock is good actually comes back to target quicker than walther and for defensive purposes is ample. Walther is super accurate and once you get used to the muzzle flip it is a thing of beauty.
sig p365, you gotta get lucky with it. Gen 3 has most of the issues resolved. It is a great size with good capacity for concealed carry and almost shoots like a glock 19, which is a plus for a gun this size.

Best sidearms:-
1) Glock 9
2) Berretta

Money is no issue then

Can't really beat a CZ. Though I will say that Glocks with their slimmer and smaller profiles are easier to conceal carry.

Stopping power in handgun cartridges is a myth. However the 7.62x25 does suffer from over penetration.

rifle is another issue but again .22 should be fine
Although a .22 is better than nothing, it is by no means adequate for home defense.

Can't really beat a CZ. Though I will say that Glocks with their slimmer and smaller profiles are easier to conceal carry.

Stopping power in handgun cartridges is a myth. However the 7.62x25 does suffer from over penetration.

Although a .22 is better than nothing, it is by no means adequate for home defense.
Love the cz p01. Not sure which glock is slimmer profile lol. Prolly a single stack option? Then you will run into capacity issues.

In any fight, the expression and reaction of opponent is important, therefore look for warning signs and danger signs. Some signs to see and read taught in self defence, like Krav Maga.

Warning Signs:

1. Face going red
2. Prolonged eye contact
3. Raised voice
4. Gritted teeth
5. Faster breathing
6. Stand tall to look bigger

Danger Signs:

1. Colour draining from face
2. Clenching and unclenching fist
3. Head dropping to protect throat
4. Hands raising above the waist
5. shoulders tensing
6. Stance move aggressively from square to sideways
7. staring at unintended target

These signs mean you are in a fight, already.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom