What's new

Scrutiny and possible actions against Pak for perceived or real support to Afg Taliban.

usa knows that it CAN'T cripple Pakistan economically ESPECIALLY today when there are much bigger & bigger markets available to export to.
Dear, I appreciate your confidence in person but some realities shall be discussed at times.

Pakistan is much vulnerable in economic front due to lack of industries which can help offset Pakistani overreliance on remittances and imports. Pakistan finds itself in situations which necessitate an IMF bailout package from time to time unfortunately. Pakistani currency is on devaluation trajectory (vs. USD) on continuous basis by extension. The resultant inflation affects many in the country but those who have massive amounts of cash and investment opportunities.

USA can crash Pakistani economic system rather easily unfortunately. They can stop all manner of trade with Pakistan and just this decision is sufficient to imbalance Pakistani BOP to painful extent. They can pressure IMF to not offer bailout package(s) to Pakistan as well. They can also create problems for other countries which might be willing to help Pakistan. WE must understand that USA is a superpower and not a paper tiger like India; USA have global footprint and economic clout in essence.

Catch would be loss of Pakistani goodwill? Well, Americans are OK with imposing sanctions on Russia let alone Pakistan. Negative perceptions can be powerful motivators.

Consider Venezuela for perspective. This country have the largest reserves of oil in the world but its economy is virtually crippled and the country is a failed state by extension. It certainly exists due to UN recognized boundaries and safe neighborhood. But it is much less than what it could be under favorable circumstances. This is mostly due to American hostility and lack of cooperation.

There is another example in our own neighborhood. Have a look at Iran. Although Iran have managed to do much better than Venezuela due to reliable trading partners, it is unable to realize its true potential for growth and prosperity. 1 USD = 42,190 IRR; imagine this. Iranian clergy is set in its ways however; largely indifferent to poverty situation and protests. If American sanctions are lifted from Iran, the latter will grow and prosper at a rapid pace and create new benchmarks in the region.

Pakistan does not have export-grade OIL like Venezuela and Iran on the other hand.

Allah Almighty have created this world and only he decides which of his servants can be dominant over others. WE can say that USA is one of the trials for the believers in modern times.

Let me assure you that I am not pessimistic or afraid myself but I am a realist and try to see things in true light.

There is no shame in admitting that there are unsettling realities and limitations of Pakistan. This is but a reminder from Allah Almighty that all is in his good hands (only). That WE should be HUMBLE on personal and national level.

There is another observation; regional fault lines and disputes which make it easier for USA to exploit and penalize distant countries. If our region is peaceful with zero fault lines and disputes, WE will be in a better position to cope with certain shocks. But this is not the case unfortunately.

and I would urge you to rethink your point of view on the kargil War good sir, india lost 2 jets, 3 choppers & 1 pilot while we lost none and still kept the highest peak in the region with us as per india's own admission. these are cold hard facts, but some hear say based from some journalists or politicians or retired whatevers...
True, but both Pakistan and India lost hundreds of troops in this conflict.

My point is that Pakistani armed forces could push much further into J&K with CAS from a well-equipped PAF which wasn't the case back then (unfortunately). PAF was nowhere in sight in this conflict due to multiple reasons.

PAF is in much better shape now. Pakistani security system as a whole is in much better shape now. Pakistani armed forces are in better shape than Indian armed forces in the present (this is big achievement on our part with relatively limited resources and by the grace of Allah Almighty).

But the art of warfare continues to evolve with induction of new types of weapon systems among other factors; this is true for both Pakistan and India. It is becoming increasingly difficult to take J&K by force consequently.

WE can deliver blows to India in J&K but India is large enough to absorb them and continue to offer resistance on the ground because 'defensive posture' is rather convenient. Offensive missions are relatively costly and difficult. Just look at how many years it took to take control of Waziristan.

China can help in J&K but I am not sure if Chinese leadership is willing to have a major confrontation with India anytime soon. Nuclear weapons give a pause to any entity and India will have a threshold as well.

Time will tell of-course.

If any new sanctions are placed on Pakistan - Pakistan should respond forcefully eg reduce the number of "Diplomatic" USA staff in Pakistan by 50%. There are to many of these "Diplomatic" USA staff as it is and would reduce USA ability to roam around Pakistan etc and would be an adequate response. There has to be a response in the level of engagement Pakistan offers that directly affects American interests, etc ..

Right now - Pakistan NEVER responds to USA sanctions - so it is always a "FREE" item for the USA to do what it wants when it wants to do it.

How about Pakistan reduces the amount of wheat imports from the USA by 50% if they place new sanctions - pretty sure there are other countries that would love to pick up the slack .. there has to be a response other than the usual "dissapointment crap..".

Lol. Let them sanction I mean only a fool would think it wasn't coming.
Theirs a reason why J-10's were put on the table awhile back to tell the West & Co., we give no f***.

The last time someone clearly saw what you saw, you evacuated much quicker than them. Don't give us Pakistani's advice, we aren't in the same position we were 20 years back the dynamics in the region have changed and quite honestly US has no place here.
They are coming soon enough. Wait and watch...
Trust me, no matter what you try with the American establishment it's fruitless for Pakistan. We've lost 80,000 soldiers fighting a war that was imposed on our nation. In all honesty and I will be very blunt, I feel more pain for those 80,000 soldiers than I do for the 3,000 and some miniscule soldiers that died in Afghan part of NATO. We've throughout the Cold War put our nations safety at risk before the Afghan-Soviet War and were even threatened by USSR Nuclear Attack for supporting U-2 and God knows what else, for a nation that's 12,000 miles away.
we haven't lost 80k soldiers. this figure is myth in it self. It also includes civilians and terrorists as well.

Soldiers will b way less than 10k.

This time round any sanctions on Pakistan perceived or otherwise Pakistan must be replied in kind too, regardless how trivial they can be. To start with ban any US airlink to Afghanistan from our airspace, reduce the US embassy/consulates staff to the bare minimum. In addition to that start selling weapons to Syria and his friends and actively offer a civilian nuclear deal to Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Syria. Lets see who wets their pants first.

I believe we will not get the F35 and F22 the only thing we are missing
let us light up a candle and mourn over

What else ?
  • Tractors come from China / Europe
  • Cars come from China / Japan / Europe
  • Oil come from Multiple countries
  • Gas comes from Multiple countries
  • Nuclear Weapons we make it at home
  • Submarines we getting from China
  • JF17 Engines coming from Russia
  • Tanks mostly local
  • Missile Program all Local
  • Ship building all Local
  • Live Stock Local
  • Crops Local
  • Fruit Local
  • Clothes Local
  • Shoes Local

What we getting from USA
  • Pizza Hut
  • McDonalds Burgers
  • The wheat bags from 1990's we have them in special storage

😪
Oh bhai sahab itna halwa nahi hai yeh.

US can sanction all those countries entities who trade with pakistan of they don't follow united states sanction. Besides that, United States is the single largest export market for Pakistani goods, and then comes its allies.

Pakistan had 20 years where it failed to become self reliant once forever.

Right now pakistan need aggressive diplomacy and lobbying.

Nobody is surprised about these sanctions I think… they were always to come even if Taliban had not overthrown the Government of Ghani.

it is something US wanted to do for long but they were stuck in Afghanistan and didn’t want more trouble for them

historically the sanctions have always proven blessing in disguise for us as it reminds us of self reliance and forging relationship with true friends. The Al-Khalids, JF-17s, Missiles, UAVs are the result of sanctions as we would have been happy to buy these equipments off the shelf from our partners who sanctions us for serving them in their hard time

Wait and see.

Exactly.

After all, Pakistan did what it had to do to serve its national interests. Let USA do the same. After all, all policies have consequences, good and bad. Why complain?

I doubt this will get passed, and in the very unlikely event it getting passed, Biden will not sign it.
This is just an empty shell fired across the bows.
A smoke signal

The title of this thread is very misleading. There is a big difference between a partisan bill being introduced in congress to evaluate Pakistan's role and sanctions being imposed.

Even if this bill does get passed, the report tabled subsequently could absolve Pakistan of any culpability!
Exactly.

After all, Pakistan did what it had to do to serve its national interests. Let USA do the same. After all, all policies have consequences, good and bad. Why complain?
I commend your commitment to repeat the same obvious idea every day on this forum. Everyone should do what is in their interests :laugh:

So its happening again, as predicted. The funny thing is we see brown sahabs bashing Pakistanis for celebrating taliban victory. These stupid slave brown sahabs are pathetic cowards. These r the ppl that even sell their mothers n sisters to please mr. White. These cowards dont understand that no matter what u do, the west and US will always blame Pakistan. Its because of this lot that Pakistan been doing chamchageeri of US again n again n such coward brown sahabs keep begging US. Their children live abroad n they cannot betray the white master. These stupid cowards also have no iman n think prosperity comes from US and not Allah.
Its a good time to break the chains, put that stupid white pig in its place. If poor afghans can slap their face red, why cant we? Ban their overflight and any support and kick them out of even the arabian sea with help of iran and china. It will be tough in the beginning but we are a nation of more than 220 million and can survive without US. The brown sahabs who cant live without imported cheese would leave or die, all these cowards will runaway and we may get genuine leadership.

it is none of that. he is delusional. even if we count all the afghan related terror victims from 79 to date it will not reach that figure
Says a brown saab chamcha. Were u living here when there were 2 to 3 blasts everyday and 20 to 30 dead everyday? I personally survived a bomb blast by mere 2 minutes. We know what we have sacrificed we dont need a coward brown telling us what we should celebrate n what not. U can go suck on US balls n lick their feet because u depend on them n ur future depwnds on them. We dont need US and we really do hate US. We remember all the drone strikes and all the humiliation they been causing us. U can go on with ur chamchageeri because thats in ur gene but its not in ours, we love to fight and love to face difficulties.

There is much more to just weapons here...understand that you can't comprehend anything beyond.
US control IMF, world bank...say goodbye to investments, loans, export to the west....they also can influence Gulf countries to make your energy supplies on credit, more difficult...plus FATF, Plus fuelling insurgency, plus destabilising political environment...... Only if you would have chosen your words correctly, your ministers and elites would not have bragged / chest thumped on Taliban taking over Af....and IK would have kept his mouth shut...things could have been different.....but now....
" Absolutely Not".

Because apparently our celebrations caused the rats to jump off the roof. You dont need to worry abt us, u can go on n keep making idols of trump n biden n suck up to them.

Back
Top Bottom