What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

My posts will be an asset by asset analysis and each one's capabilities These are not the general capabilities of each aircraft but the Capabilities of the Aircrafts operated by RSAF and in their inventory.

First: F-15SA.
f15sa.jpg

Number: 70+ to be upgraded and 84 new ones.
Specs:
1-Radar:APG-63(v)3 Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESA) radar
2:Targeting pods:AN/AAQ-33 Sniper Targeting Systems and LANTIRN Navigation Pods (3rd Generation-Tiger Eye) and AN/AAS-42 Infrared Search and Track (IRST) Systems
3:Engine: F-110-GE-129 Improved Performance Engine.
4:Communication:ink-16 Multifunctional Information Distribution System/Low Volume Terminal (MIDS/LVT).
5:Reconnaissance Pod: DB-110 Reconnaissance Pods.
6:Helmets and Helmet accessories:Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System Helmets and Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems (JHMCS) and AN/AVS-9 Night Vision Goggles (NVGS).
7:Electronic warfare system: Digital Electronic Warfare Systems (DEWS)

Armaments:
Air-to-Air:
1-AIM-9X SIDEWINDER Missiles.
2-AIM-120C/7 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAM).
3-AIM-7 Sparrow.
Air-to-Ground(surface):
1- Dual Mode Laser/Global Positioning System (GPS) Guided Munitions (500 lb).
2- Dual Mode Laser/GPS Guided Munitions (2000 lb).
3-GBU-24 PAVEWAY III Laser Guided Bombs (2000 lb) (Manufactured under license)
4-GBU-31B V3 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) (2000 lb).
5-CBU-105D/B Sensor Fuzed Weapons (SFW)/Wind Corrected Munitions Dispenser (WCMD).
6-MK-82 500lb General Purpose Bombs.
7- MK-84 2000lb General Purpose Bombs.
8-AGM-84 Harpoon.
9-AGM-88 HARM.

Southern_Watch_2050081722-9909.jpg

1413756-H.jpg

f-15_eagle_short_takeoff_in_afterburner.jpg

20060904123211xt6.jpg

1316117.jpg

PAF-RSAFAlSaqoor-II.jpg

Note: These upgrades will be done in Saudi Arabia with a US agreement for ToT to allow Saudi own gear to be later installed in this aircraft.

---------- Post added at 03:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

Excuse me guys if I take a while between each post but each requires careful research to be done and I will try to be as accurate as I can.

Go on but one fact needs no amplification: the fact that as KSA aces up with most modern weaponary, it is high time to have some competent 'killer' men behind these birds too...

And to achieve this latter aim, extensive trainings are on & I am really looking forward to results...

Second: EF-2000 Typhoon.

Saudi Arabia is looking to acquire 72 EFTyphoons with an option for 72 more with an original plan for 200+ Eurofighter Typhoons guarding the Saudi sky by 2020. And because the Typhoon is intended to serve a long time in the RSAF Most will be in the Tranch 3A specs to allow easier implementation of future upgrades including thrust vectors, meteor etc.

The Saudi Typhoons will be the same as the ones serving in European countries and one key aspect to note BAE has transferred a large amount of technology with this Fighter which is a first to ALL middle eastern countries. The technology transferred allows for Saudi Arabia to modify the Typhoon with its own made equipment according to its needs (Similar to the Israeli F-16/F-15 deal) Also the Assembly Plant is at first to put original made things together but there is a plan to make at least 80% of this aircraft's components in Saudi Arabia.
AIR_Eurofighter_Saudi_Delivery_lg.jpg

Specs:
1-Radar:e-scan Active Electronically Scanned Array Radar (AESA) radar (Joint research with KACST)
2-Targeting Pod: Democles french targeting pod (made under license)
laserguidingsystems.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
3-Engine: EJ200 turbofan engine.
4-Communication link: e SATURN, Second-generation Anti-jam Tactical UHF Radio for NATO system (Possibility of a Saudi made Communication system by AEC).
5-Helmets: BAE Systems' integrated Helmet Mounted Display (HMD).
6-Electronic warfare systems: EuroDASS Electronic Warfare suite.

Armaments:
Air-to-Air:
1-MBDA Meteor Missile.
2-Iris-T.
3-AIM-132 ASRAAM.
4-AIM-120 AMRAAM.
5-AIM-9 Sidewinder.

Air-to-Ground(surface):
1-AGM-65 Maverick.
2-AGM-88 HARM.
3-Storm Shadow.
4-Brimstone.
5-500lb Pavway IV Bombs.
6-Pavway II and III and Enhanced Paveway.
7-JDAM.

51141.jpg

SAUDI_TYPHHON_1005_MALCOLM_BEZZINA_.jpg

1.jpg

Third: Panavia Tornado IDS.

Currently 87 Aircrats are in service with RSAF being upgraded from GR1 to GR4. The upgrade is being done in Saudi soil with the plan of also making it possible to install Saudi made equipment on it.
43700.jpg

Specs:
1-Radar:The GR4 fleet is been fitted with a 12.8-inch Multi-function display in the rear cockpit, the BAE Systems Tornado Advanced Radar Display Information System (TARDIS).
2-Targeting Pod: Thermal Imaging Airborne Laser Designator pod (TIALD) which will be replaced with the Saudi Pod.
3-Engine: Turbo-Union RB199.
4-Helmets: (I have no info regarding this)
5-Communication link:Already an AEC communication system installed on it. (No info what it is called)
6-Electronic warfare Systems: Panavia Tornado GE- and IT-ECR (International), Electronic warfare with the role of Suppression of Enemy Air Defences (SEAD) and reconnaissance aircraft.

Armaments:
Air-to-Air:
1-AIM-9 Sidewinder for self defense.

Air-to-Ground(surface):
1 AGM-65 Maverick.
2- Brimstone missile.
3- Storm Shadow.
4- AGM-88 HARM.
5- ALARM missile.
6-Anti-ship missile:BAE Sea Eagle
7- 500lb Paveway IV.
8- 1000lb (UK Mk20) Paveway II/Enhanced Paveway II.
9- 2000lb Paveway III (GBU-24)/Enhanced Paveway III (EGBU-24).
10- IBL755 cluster bombs.
11-JDAM.
12-JP233.
5377662979_82ba0f7fa5.jpg

getAsset.aspx

5381098972_99662d3c13.jpg

4863179753_1321c96d44.jpg

1623983.jpg

5380555659_1114d942a7.jpg

Fourth: E-3 Sentry AWACS.

AIR_E-3_Saudi_lg.jpg

Currently 5 E-13 Sentry AWACS are in service of the RSAF when it was first delivered in June 1986 with an agreement that US personnel would operate these aircrafts and all its recordings would go straight to the US defense departments due to extreme Israeli objection and it was the only way to by pass the Israeli lobby at the time. However, in August 27, 2001 (Notice the extremely Ironic date) a deal was signed with Boeing to upgrade the existing E-3 Sentrys and annulled the past agreement of not allowing Saudi Personnel to operate them and training in its use started with the first E-3 Sentry upgrading in Boeing HQ in the US with the remaining upgrading done by Al-Salam Aircraft Industries the agreement also came with a significant amount of Technology Transfer on radars and maintaining aircraft engines and spare parts production.

Now the E-3 Sentry in service of the RSAF are operating with Link 16 capabilities and upgrades for the AWACS has finished as of 2009.
4333643763_d0ed0a5851.jpg

2319808563_3860217bb8.jpg

Fifth: Electronic Warfare aircraft RE-3A....I tried googling this thing but I found no info if any of you have any idea what this thing is and what it does please share thank you. All I know is that it came recently.

1035862.jpg

Saudi%20E-3A_1.jpg

Sixth: Northrop F-5. To be withdrawn from service and currently serving in reserve and in trainer role.

No need for detailed information on this one besides some interesting looking F-5s in the RSAF currently in active service but in the recon role. called the RF-5E variant.
SaudiRF540194Black_filtered.jpg

40195.jpg

rf-5e_2.jpg

have developed any thing on ur own i mean in areal combat any tot with company any technical stuff?

Good job bro mashallah thx for sharing looking forward to see some more info .

Back
Top Bottom