What's new

Saudi Arabia: World Islamic body pushes global blasphemy law

I am not scared, I was simply trying to make a point. Personally, I haven't met any Muslim that insults or mocks the sacred figures of other religions; especially not the sacred figures of Abrahamic religions. Although, some might mock the religious practices of others.

That's because believing in Allah's prophets and messengers is one of the five pillars of Islam, Mosa and Isaa (SAW) are among them, yet, that means you are not a Muslim if you don't believe in their Prophethood.

That's because believing in Allah's prophets and messengers is one of the five pillars of Islam, Mosa and Isaa (SAW) are among them, yet, that means you are not a Muslim if you don't believe in their Prophethood.

Exactly, Muslims believe in all Prophets, thus they can not mock the sacred figures of other Abrahamic religions. I don't know anyone that mocks the sacred figures of pagan religions either, but then again; most Muslims in my opinion are unaware of sacred figures in pagan religions. The only thing that people do mock sometime is the religious practices of others. What I mean by that is that I have seen people make fun of odd practices of other religions.

Saudi Arabia: World Islamic body pushes global blasphemy law

Why do these kind of organisations put forward such suggestions if they know that these attempts are futile?

Is it for the (dumb) masses? Is it to calm down those masses?

Or do they really think that the world revolves around the Islamic religion? Or that they are somehow superior and therefore entitled to extraordinary privileges, special need and care?

No citizen of a non-Muslim country will accept the right of any non-citizen or any other state to determine what the laws should be in his or her country. Every country has its own legislation on the limit of freedom of speech beyond which is criminal. It is absurd to impose your limits on other countries as this limit is derived from the social values and the importance attached to it.

Blasphemy laws on the other hand are simply a one-way Islamic dictatorship of all human speech.

We will not call any one than we will do something else ........... yes all Muslim governments should push for this law and make sure this law is passed at UN
No thank you :wave:

I'm curious if non-believers and other reasonable people have to riot violently and kill some people every time offensive stuff like this happens somewhere in the world (which is every single day..). Things like disrespecting human rights to free speech or the right to be free of religion (part of religious freedom). Maybe it would generate more outrage then. There are so many countries which don't even respect freedom of religion.. something that is very offensive to me and tens of millions of like-minded secular people.. maybe I should start to burn the flags of those countries like Saudi-Arabia, Iran, Pakistan etc.., stomp on their leaders in effigy and attack their embassy personnel...?

In my country their is talk of banning a public exhibition of this stupid "innocence of Muhammed" or whatever 'movie' because of the barbarians killing people. Apparently that kind of medieval behavior gets you special treatment..

/yes this is somewhat tongue in cheek...

Islam and Judaism is blasphemous according to Chrisianity as according they don't accept Christ to be the God
Christianity is blasphemous according to Islam as it claims that a human is a God
Hinduism, Buddhism, other pagans are blasphemous according to all Abrahamic religions as they break all the first 3 commandments
Atheists and Agnostics are blasphemers according to every religion.
So, if blasphemy laws are really implemented, then every single human being living and ever lived are blaspehemers according to one or other religion.

No they are NOT blasphemers according to Hinduism or any of the Indian religions.

Human rights of the OIC... :lol:

LOL I too noticed...But the feathers were already ruffled and I thought let me not ruffle them further...:rofl:

If America vetoes any such move, then all Muslim states must suspend diplomatic relations with USA. Blasphemy or not, Muslims should be treated equally and with respect.

Will you also stop using the Amreekan made F-16s, JDAMs, AIM-120s, the SP Howitzers etc used by your armed forces ?

This is not a security issue. Not every issue is automatically transferred to the Security Council. It is the Genital Assembly that decides when an issue is worthy of being elevated, and if the Genital Assembly vote among the members that the issue is not worth debating, it will die on the floor, like it should.

Was that intentional ?...o_O

I am not scared, I was simply trying to make a point. Personally, I haven't met any Muslim that insults or mocks the sacred figures of other religions; especially not the sacred figures of Abrahamic religions. Although, some might mock the religious practices of others.

You insult other religion/Gods when you say La ilaha ill'allah (there is no God worthy of worship except Allah). So come down from the moral horse please..:)

If this is passed, it would be the most ret*rded law in the history of mankind. Don't like a movie? Don't watch it...

If this is passed, it would be the most ret*rded law in the history of mankind. Don't like a movie? Don't watch it...

Dont worry man, It will not be passed. Pigs would be flying before this law becomes a reality especially when 77% of the world is non-Muslim. This is just a tactic of the Muslim leaders to showcase to their dumb populace that they are being more muslim than the neighboring leader. This is the Islamic world counterpart of the vote-bank politics we see in India...:D

You insult other religion/Gods when you say La ilaha ill'allah (there is no God worthy of worship except Allah). So come down from the moral horse please..:)

Wrong, that isn't an insult. The "shahadah" is the foundation of the Islamic belief, & a declaration of faith. Only a retard would feel insulted by that. Keep in mind that the God of the Quran is the same as the God of Israel. It's true that every religion has its own unique teachings that disagree with the teachings of others, but if we were to consider every minor variation an insult, there would be no peace on Earth until humanity settles for one religion alone. Muslims simply do not want the last Prophet (may peace be upon him) to be mocked or slandered by anyone. Generally, people accept criticism of religion only when it's constructive & respectful.

A good initiative by OIC.:tup:

BTW All muslim countries should implement Blasphemy law in its true form.

The question is, true form according to who?

Will the insulting of Pastafarianisim be punishable by death

FSM_and_Raptor_Jesus.jpg

The problem with blasphemy laws is what everyone belives is the absolute truth and what everyone else belives are evil lies that must be punished.

Back
Top Bottom