What's new

Saudi Arabia sentences Shia Cleric to Death

I see, thank you for that explanation. As personal views go, that is perfectly fine.

But of course it does raise grave questions about Saudi Arabia as a State raising the issue of persecution of minorities in other countries, particularly Muslims, when it does not grant similar freedoms to minorities within its own country.

KSA is a country and is responsible for its own laws and the consequences that follow with that. I struggle to see how come that influences the rights of Muslims elsewhere under different jurisdictions. Likewise Christians are not responsible for what the Vatican does.

Anyway they always have their compounds. If they are not pleased with that they can travel to neighboring countries that have churches and Hindu temples. They also knew about the rules in KSA before coming for work, business or whatever they come for.

Having said all that then Christians, Hindus and others have nothing to fear while living in KSA. Nobody will attack them or do them any harm.

KSA hosts 500.000 Christian Filipinios, hundred of thousands Hindus etc. I don't' see them getting attacked, killed etc. because of their religion.

As I said the situation would be different had we still had indigenous Jews, Christians, Pagans etc. but we don't.

How many countries are building religious temples for their temporary workers? Let's assume that the West never had welcomed migrants to their lands of various backgrounds. Would there then have been synagogues, mosques, temples etc.? I am not so sure about that. Maybe in some countries but not all.

Likewise few countries are even comparable to KSA because we are the cradle of Islam. Likewise the Vatican. I can't think of similar countries.

Will that be the procedure of execution? Reminds us of the group wandering around in Syria and Iraq. Yes it's IS I'm talking about.

Can you prove that this guy has killed ANY civilians? What's the proof? Saudi security establishment?

Do you understand English? It just means that his body will be put up for display for a few hours after his death. Not an actual crucifixion.:lol: You have the same law in Iran if you did not know.

I support executions indeed as done according to the Shariah law. Whether ISIS does the same or anyone else I don't care about.

Yes, there are. Ask the families of those Shias that his group killed and the 2 policemen.

Criminals/murderers/terrorists etc. deserve death. Simple as that. We have a too humane method of killing. 1 quick beheading. 1 second and you are dead. We should use prolonged hangings by cranes like in Iran instead.

KSA is a country and is responsible for its own laws and the consequences that follow with that. I struggle to see how come that influences the rights of Muslims elsewhere under different jurisdictions. Likewise Christians are not responsible for what the Vatican does.

Anyway they always have their compounds. If they are not pleased with that they can travel to neighboring countries that have churches and Hindu temples. They also knew about the rules in KSA before coming for work, business or whatever they come for.

Having said all that then Christians, Hindus and others have nothing to fear while living in KSA. Nobody will attack them or do them any harm.

KSA hosts 500.000 Christian Filipinios, hundred of thousands Hindus etc. I don't' see them getting attacked, killed etc. because of their religion.

As I said the situation would be different had we still had indigenous Jews, Christians, Pagans etc. but we don't.

How many countries are building religious temples for their temporary workers? Let's assume that the West never had welcomed migrants to their lands of various backgrounds. Would there then have been synagogues, mosques, temples etc.? I am not so sure about that. Maybe in some countries but not all.

Likewise few countries are even comparable to KSA because we are the cradle of Islam. Likewise the Vatican. I can't think of similar countries.

Please note that KSA as a sovereign kingdom has every right to pursue whatever polices it wishes to pursue domestically. I have no problem with that, and as long as it does not try to promote its own religion in other countries, it can stop others from promoting other religions within its own borders too. That is where the issues arise from an fairness point of view in many minds.

Please note that KSA as a sovereign kingdom has every right to pursue whatever polices it wishes to pursue domestically. I have no problem with that, and as long as it does not try to promote its own religion in other countries, it can stop others from promoting other religions within its own borders too. That is where the issues arise from an fairness point of view in many minds.

KSA is promoting Islam all over the world. In fact we are leading in that and have been for decades. Support for mosques, Islamic centers, Dawah in general etc.This is only normal as we are the cradle of Islam and have a special responsibility.
This is done legally as this is legal in the host countries. If they don't like that or Islam they can change their laws. That's their issue. KSA has its own laws. We don't need to listen to others in this regard.

The world is not fair so and never was.

Do you understand English? It just means that his body will be put up for display for a few hours after his death. Not an actual crucifixion. You have the same law in Iran if you did not know.
I haven't heard of any such stupid law in Iran. What I have seen in all the executions in Iran is that the deceased will be transferred to morgue immediately after experts confirm his/her death. Please educate me if you have seen any similar case in Iran.
Yes, there are. Ask the families of those Shias that his grouped killed and the 2 policemen.
What a strong and logical response.

KSA is promoting Islam all over the world. In fact we are leading in that and have been for decades. Support for mosques, Islamic centers, Dawah in general etc.This is only normal as we are the cradle of Islam and have a special responsibility.
This is done legally as this is legal in the host countries. If they don't like that or Islam they can change their laws. That's their issue. KSA has its own laws. We don't need to listen to others in this regard.

The world is not fair so and never was.

Thank you for being so honest about the unfair nature of the world, including the topic at hand.

Saudi Arabian democracy in action.

i dont think anyone ever suggested KSA is a democracy. It's a monarchy where dissent is clearly not tolerated, as can be seen. But then again the Arab world has a problem with that - where dissenters are met by iron fist.

Sometimes I wish in Pakistan we had a more iron-fisted approach towards dissenters. But religious clerics should be left alone. Saudi has 2 million Shiite Muslims; just killing this guy will create divisions and wont solve anything, just create more problems. It could also create unrest next door in Bahrain, which is majority Shiite led by Sunnis.

and quite frankly - Muslim world will be thriving, and MUCH better off when these manmade BULLSHIT/GARBAGE designer labels of "Sunni" or "Shiia" or "Ahmedi" nonsense are done away with. We all read the same holy book. What follows after that is only up for God to decide.

I haven't heard of any such stupid law in Iran. What I have seen in all the executions in Iran is that the deceased will be transferred to morgue immediately after experts confirm his/her death. Please educate me if you have seen any similar case in Iran.

What a strong and logical response.

I don't care what they do in Iran. I know that you tend to hang people with cranes in public and such executions can last for minutes while in KSA n beheading lasts 1 second before the condemned is dead. We have never stoned underage people either which was done in Iran until recently. So yes, we indeed have slightly different rules.

Nor do we hang any gays from what I am aware of.

You are free to research this case. You don't speak Arabic so posting Arabic news is a waste of time.

This terrorist was the prime instigator of the riots in Al-Awamiyah that caused the deaths of civilians and police. Simple as that. He is also a traitor.

A clarification: Most , if not all , of Indian immigrant to Saudi Arabia are muslims.

Oh, is that so?

Hinduism in Arab states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are 400.000 Hindus in KSA alone. I think I know better with all due respect.

It is very good news that this terrorist will be deal with.
Sop he is a terrorists just because he asks for4 justice. your wealth come from his territory you been fed by the oil that you sell and use comes from his territory yet he is terrorists while your clerics that spread the hate and killing all over the world are not.

No use the world will never see peace while these Bedouin in charge of that rich country

i wish they would excute him tomorrow.. id like to see
Will that be the procedure of execution? Reminds us of the group wandering around in Syria and Iraq. Yes it's IS I'm talking about.

Can you prove that this guy has killed ANY civilians? What's the proof? Saudi security establishment?
why are you talking ? do you talk back to your scullers or you stay quiet and go slap your face in public when they ask you to ?
regarding the crucifiction well you never read the quraan thats why you dont know the types of punishments and executions in islam. il be happy to show you how its done. il buy you a first class ticket to saudi. please dont be shy

This man is innocent, he needs to be freed.
you need to join him

Shia in KSA actually have it pretty good. Thing with KSA is that its protest/uprising averse regardless of Shia/Sunni. Look at the Grand Mosque Seizure. It ended with the public beheading of the 63 Sunnis rebels. If the good Sheikh thought he would be treated differently, he was clearly mistaken.

Sop he is a terrorists just because he asks for4 justice. your wealth come from his territory you been fed by the oil that you sell and use comes from his territory yet he is terrorists while your clerics that spread the hate and killing all over the world are not.

No use the world will never see peace while these Bedouin in charge of that rich country
he is not innocent.. but thats not the point. the point is why do we have to explain to you anything ? you have been killing sunna in iraq for 10 years.. so stay quiet please and stop wasting cyberspace

Stop acting like a ignorant just because this guy is a Shia. You are no different from the "Sunnis" who cry about ISIS when they get killed. He is from the same family as them. This guy is first of all a traitor of the country, his armed group has killed civilians (SHIA) and 2 policemen. He deserves this penalty.

KSA is one. Arabia is one. The Arabian Peninsula is one. We don't care which sect people belong to in the various regions. The Eastern Province is majority Sunni nowadays anyway. Not Shia. There is no such thing as mine or yours. You see in KSA we are united regardless of province. I might be from Hijaz but Eastern Arabia and Jazan is as much my area like that of a local form there.

Al-Saud are not Bedouins and never were. Read every source out there. I don't care if they were either. Nothing wrong with this. We were all nomads or semi-nomads at one point in time. 130 years ago 40% of Iraq was Bedouin.

It's funny that you Southern Iraqi Shia Arabs cry so much about KSA when you have the closest ties with KSA of all (Najd ironically).

Go to Samawah, Karbala, Najaf, Basra, Kut or Nassiryah and ask the locals or just go and visit the internet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom