What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

By the way are their Sharks in Saudi beaches or can people swim freely?

The Red Sea which has the second biggest coral reef in the world after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia is full of all kind of different sharks.

There are 44 species of sharks found in the beautiful Red Sea. You can read more here below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Red_Sea_sharks

Many of them can also be dangerous. But which animal is or cannot be dangerous if you do not take your presumptions and behave normally?

You can swim without a problem and there are also resorts. There are places though were I would NEVER swim after dark and were large colonies of bull sharks etc. are found. But I frankly don't remember any incidents involving sharks in KSA. Maybe my fellow countrymen can help me out here? Or some Saudi Arabian fishermen seeing this page right here and now who speak English, LOL.

Regarding the neglect, aside from what I wrote in the other post then there are also some well kept architecture such as this one below which is very good as I see it. That is Jeddah below.

Otherwise large parts of Hijaz are relatively well kept aside from the Jizan, Najran, Asir, Bahah, Jawf provinces and many areas of Najd and the villages there. Although there is much neglect too.

3395659022_b634154149_b.jpg

7208957178_0027933913_b.jpg

7208958574_f273c2e931_b.jpg

5219852555_4d5363974a_b.jpg

8214931706_9079563c87_b.jpg

2968567411_bcbc4b1c42_b.jpg

5396079821_4d92fbf2b8_b.jpg

6604371301_bd63dbb0a2_b.jpg

7066375361_c91c27fd19_b.jpg

4904884436_bdfc1b1cb7_b.jpg

They do but not as much as they SHOULD. Given the wealth at their disposition..... I will not say more than that. But many locals and Middle Eastern people in general or non-Western think that new shiny skyscrapers is the best thing someone ever invented.

This is why I respect and adore the Yemenis so much. Their heritage (visible) is second to none in the region. Virtually every single village whether in the mountains, lowlands, steppes, deserts, hills, next to the oceans have ancient well-kept buildings and the most astonishing thing is that the people in this time and age (year 2013) restore it in the same exact way as thousands of years ago. Knowing very well that there are easier ways to restore it.

This should not sound like I am anti new architecture. That is not the case. Dubai for example is an out of the world city in its very own way due to the amazing new architecture and all the tall skyscrapers but I would not want all the cities to look like that. There should be a healthy mixture. For example I love new projects that combine ancient architecture/traditional architecture with modernity. For example a traditional looking exterior and a complete new interior. Then you have two of the best worlds mixed into one. Anyway enough of the talk. The world changes and so does the views of people and what is "hip" and what is not and you have to accept that. At least one can hope that the future generations will not neglect it all.

Ok but anyways you have a beautiful country.

Even though we Iranians and Arabs have our differences with each other we should still respect each other after all we have similar culture and same religion Elhamdullillah.

Ok but anyways you have a beautiful country.

Even though we Iranians and Arabs have our differences with each other we should still respect each other after all we have similar culture and same religion Elhamdullillah.

The issue needs a little bit of tolerance; that's all.

السعودية ـ المنطقة الشرقية ـ كورنيش الدمام by Baiz., on Flickr

المجلس القديم by YAZEED2008, on Flickr

القرية القديمة by YAZEED2008, on Flickr

جنوب السعودية by s.sarandi, on Flickr

Untitled by .. غدي الجرعي }----✿ - GHADY BNT YAHYA , on Flickr

الباحة by mr-marlboro, on Flickr

الباحة 225 by proflailazazoe2009, on Flickr

الباحة by Albashery, on Flickr

مرتفعات عسير 2010 by alkodair, on Flickr

الممثلة السعودية مهره by Abdulmajeed Al.mutawee || twitter.com/almutawee, on Flickr

@BLACKEAGLE

اخي انا سعيد جدا ان اراك مرة اخري

نا أمل بصدق ان يكون كل شئ علي ما يرام معك ومع عائلتك

Last edited by a moderator:

حائل by " Don Quixote ", on Flickr

وقت الغروب by الحر السنافي, on Flickr

قصر المصمك by ₪ .:♫:. Mishari Al-Diab .:♫:. ₪, on Flickr

البرد في منطقة حريملاء - حفر الباطن by Talal Qatar Ձ͏0͏1͏Ʒ͏, on Flickr

البرد في منطقة حريملاء - حفر الباطن by Talal Qatar Ձ͏0͏1͏Ʒ͏, on Flickr

:D^^

Najdi sheep in Northern Najd (Hafar Al-Batin) not far away from the Iraqi border during a snowfall/hail at the end of March 2007.

They produce amazing milk, wool and their meat is also tasty.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Najdi_sheep

بيت عسير بجنادريه 27 by ะşα3αβ αηšαķ๘, on Flickr

جبال عسير by Khalid Yousef, on Flickr

أنورت سودة عسير بطلعتك by Thamer Al-Thumairy, on Flickr

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom