What's new

Samsung Galaxy S4 or HTC One?

^^ True, the S5 was a total disappointment in terms of design. The band-aid back is a real eye sore. And this is their choice for a flagship device? LoL

In the end, they also fell to gimmicks like heart-rate monitor and finger-scan.

~ RazorMC

To me finger-scan is no great thing...

I want a lag free android OS and they need to change the overall design aesthetics of OS.
Powerful but stable processor that processor apps properly.
Camera something like what Nokia Lumia flagship series have.
Better sound.
Better screen/resolution.
16GB should be abolished 32/64gb standard with atleast 20gb free cloud.
Lots of other changes need to be done.

To me finger-scan is no great thing...

I want a lag free android OS and they need to change the overall design aesthetics of OS.
Powerful but stable processor that processor apps properly.
Camera something like what Nokia Lumia flagship series have.
Better sound.
Better screen/resolution.
16GB should be abolished 32/64gb standard with atleast 20gb free cloud.
Lots of other changes need to be done.

Agreed on finger-scan part. It was bad enough on the iPhone 5S, without Sammy jumping onto it as well.

But a lag-free Android is not possible until they get rid of Java platform for its apps. Java allows greater compatibility between different hardware but needs more processing power. Same reason why the graphics on apps and games are so poor (compare that to Apple who focuses on design first and functionality later :sarcastic:)

If they get most of the apps and services running on native code rather than Java, even dual-core Kraits with a triple-core GPU would provide a highly responsive OS experience.
KitKat's ART is a good step in that direction and Dalvik should be discontinued asap.

IPS display with resolution 320ppi+ is OK imo, but build quality and aesthetics need to be improved greatly. And yeah, 16gb is ridiculously small for today's needs.

~ RazorMC

Back
Top Bottom