What's new

SA vs India

I love it when SA plays India. If India wins I pull out my Indian flag and start cheering. If SA wins I pull out my SA flag and start cheering. It is a win win situation both ways for me :D

tsk tsk tsk...double standards! But I understand. I also live in Bots. I know how we always support SA. I myslef will support SA against any team except India.

I think India should have take Raina and Kohli for the tests. They have performed well on the one day stage and its time they got test exposure. We need to cultivate our young players. We wont have Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman forever.

Also, Raina and Kohli have proven their maturity, which Vijay, Saha and Badri lack.

tsk tsk tsk...double standards! But I understand. I also live in Bots. I know how we always support SA. I myslef will support SA against any team except India.

I think India should have take Raina and Kohli for the tests. They have performed well on the one day stage and its time they got test exposure. We need to cultivate our young players. We wont have Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman forever.

Also, Raina and Kohli have proven their maturity, which Vijay, Saha and Badri lack.

I would rather go in with in form players like Yusuf Pathan, Abhishek Nair and Dinesh Karthik.

All the above have proved their metal in domestic 4/5 day matches.

GB

Dhoni's first loss .. it had to come sooner or later. Speaks a lot about how far we have gone with him as captain.

Dhoni's first loss .. it had to come sooner or later. Speaks a lot about how far we have gone with him as captain.

dhoni is the best captain in Indian cricket history :cheers:

I would rather go in with in form players like Yusuf Pathan, Abhishek Nair and Dinesh Karthik.

All the above have proved their metal in domestic 4/5 day matches.

GB

These guys are good, no doubt, but they lack the international exposure that Raina has. Raina has played one days against every major test playing nation, and he has proven to be a solid middle order batsman for india.

As for Kohli, he has played Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and has proven his ability to play under pressure. He is also in great form.

Yusuf Pathan has talent, but I don't think he has the temperament to play test cricket. Abhishek Nair lacks experience in the international arena.

But I agree with you about Karthik. He should have been the replacement keeper instead of Saha. He outclasses Saha in every way. Dunno why he wasn't chosen. Can anybody shed some light on that?

These guys are good, no doubt, but they lack the international exposure that Raina has. Raina has played one days against every major test playing nation, and he has proven to be a solid middle order batsman for india.

As for Kohli, he has played Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and has proven his ability to play under pressure. He is also in great form.

Yusuf Pathan has talent, but I don't think he has the temperament to play test cricket. Abhishek Nair lacks experience in the international arena.

But I agree with you about Karthik. He should have been the replacement keeper instead of Saha. He outclasses Saha in every way. Dunno why he wasn't chosen. Can anybody shed some light on that?

Yousuf pathan is a good T20 and ODI player but he lacks experience batting staying on the crease. He is a kind of a cricketer who will go for big hittings make quick 50-70 and get out............. the only way he can be included in the test squad is if he can become a consistant spin bowler also

yeh kiya huwa? ... kaisey huwa? ... kab huwa? ... kuoon huwa? ...:lol:

BD put a curse on India because of Sehwag ... India now need to ensure a slow pitch which helps Harbajan and Mishra, otherwise kiss the number 1 spot good bye.

Smith can now say that India is an Ordinary Team.:lol:

yeh kiya huwa? ... kaisey huwa? ... kab huwa? ... kuoon huwa? ...:lol:

BD put a curse on India because of Sehwag ... India now need to ensure a slow pitch which helps Harbajan and Mishra, otherwise kiss the number 1 spot good bye.

The number one spot feels so cosmetic right now. The South Africans clearly outplayed us in every department of the game.

Putting a slow pitch is not a solution. Sure, it will give us an advantage, but thats not what India needs. What India needs is to step up their game and be able to take on any team, anywhere, anytime. Only then can we be really No 1.

simply putting it we got served:sniper: ......something that was coming ...
i know im being critical.... but ....did not like the critical stance Indian media took when some international ex player said India's no.1 position was doubtful as our pace attack was not good ....
im glad that the loss was big cause it will jolt these guys :P ( hopefully )
and we will see a much better performance next time....
some of the dismissals where simply SAD :hitwall: Saha thrusting his pad forward without offering a shot ...still his off stump was exposed

anywayz all the best to the men in blue hope in Calcutta they reddem themselves.......coz i dont wanna repeat of wat klussner did by dal styen ....
:cheers:

well good game of cricket for SAfricans, but we were expecting a better fight from number one ranked team in test cricket. Havent heard of top team going down by an innings defeat in their own backyard.

But thats how the game is...better luck next time, a must win the next match is.

Yusuf Pathan has talent, but I don't think he has the temperament to play test cricket.

Yousuf pathan is a good T20 and ODI player but he lacks experience batting staying on the crease. He is a kind of a cricketer who will go for big hittings make quick 50-70 and get out............. the only way he can be included in the test squad is if he can become a consistant spin bowler also

I am again putting Yusuf Pathan's recent blast at Duleep Trophy final.

Final: South Zone v West Zone at Hyderabad (Deccan), Feb 2-6, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | Cricinfo.com

Abhishek Nair lacks experience in the international arena.

I was backing Nair and Pathan since they have played loads of First Class test matches this season and proved their caliber. Both are all rounders.

Raina and Kohli were busy playing T-20 and ODI hence they are not used to play test cricket in recent times. This was the major point I would have considered if I was a selector.

Nair had a 100 against SA in the warm up match too.

Well one has to fill up a quota of East Zone and West Bengal apparently. I remember how the Bengali MP's created a roar in Parliament over dada.

Well as proven, saha is no match for Karthik. If Karthik was unavailable I would have chose Parthiv Patel over Saha any time.

GB

well good game of cricket for SAfricans, but we were expecting a better fight from number one ranked team in test cricket. Havent heard of top team going down by an innings defeat in their own backyard.

But thats how the game is...better luck next time, a must win the next match is.

South Africa is the only team who has defeated India in India, with an innings thrice.

The number one team was lacking the backbone of their batting. The powerful and respected middle order with absence of Dravid, Laxman and Yuvraj.

With replacement like Vijay,Badri and Saha it was bound to happen.

GB

Smith can now say that India is an Ordinary Team.:lol:

Steve waugh said something similar in 2001 after winning the first test.

Rest is History.

Not to forget second test is at Eden Gardens.

This ground is a graveyard for many teams.

However as far as India-SA are concerned both have won each match amongts the two tests that thet played here against each other.

GB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom