What's new

Featured Russia Teases 'Fundamentally New' Military Aircraft to Be Unveiled

E6n3CcOVUAI3j6M.jpeg
E6n3ClwVkAEElBa.jpeg
E6n3C8GVcAMkAzH.jpeg
E6n3CxAVUAMHwcm.jpeg

Sukhoi lightweight stealth fighter 'CheckMate' (Images via 某某某某6688)

Here it is .... I know there is a saying "beauty lies always in the eyes of the beholder" but here - and in strict to contrast to the Su-57 - I simply cannot see any beauty!

Anyway a most interesting design.

(Image via @papabear747 / Twitter)

View attachment 763560

Is it me or does this fighter have a strong resemblance with the JF-17? Its speed/payload seem to be very very similar to what the JF17s would be...

Not only this but depending on its price this can be a major competition to the JF17 block 3. I def see a huge demand for a light weight stealth fighter that fits this design.

Su-57 and J-20 are hardly for sale

I don't know about the J-20, but I'm sure you know the Su-57 that is specifically being displayed at MAKS 2021 is designated the Su-57E? E as for Export and they've been touting this marketing plan to export a version of it for many years, now.

I'm sure there will be at least 2 countries, if not 3 that would be very interested and well capable of purchasing that aircraft. The only question remains is if it's $85 mill per AC or $100 mill.

I've heard this several times throughout the course of the day today, as these leaked video & pics have been revealed. Curious why you think so? Is it because of the bort number on the aircraft, or is it because it's the swapping of the Su-57's numbers?

For both reasons you mention plus 75 is uneven number (the checkmate is a fighter) and 75 is higher number than 57 (the checkmate is newer than Su-57).

Is it me or does this fighter have a strong resemblance with the JF-17? Its speed/payload seem to be very very similar to what the JF17s would be...

Not only this but depending on its price this can be a major competition to the JF17 block 3. I def see a huge demand for a light weight stealth fighter that fits this design.
Just you bro. There is no resemblance with JF-17.

Last edited:
1626662887307.png

Steve Trimble, a military aviation, missile and aerospace expert at Aviation Week Network, said the plane on display is a mock-up and the Russians in particular, via their Rostec/Sukhoi companies, are looking for a partner to fund the project.

"Just in case anyone needs clarification: the Checkmate/LTS shown here is a life-size model out of plywood, not a real plane," he said in a tweet via his Twitter account. It is clearly a speculative design in the hope of attracting foreign investment to start developing it.”

https://t.co/FjJY0reAUh

Last edited:
Steve Trimble, a military aviation, missile and aerospace expert at Aviation Week Network, said the plane on display is a mock-up and the Russians in particular, via their Rostec/Sukhoi companies, are looking for a partner to fund the project.

EDIT: Never mind, bro, I got the correct source for the tweet.

Steve Trimble on Twitter: "Just in case anyone needs the clarification: Checkmate/LTS shown here is a plywood mock-up, not a real aircraft. It's clearly a speculative design hoping to attract foreign investment to begin development. So bear that in mind as we describe what the Russians are proposing here." / Twitter

I do question this guy's source at Rostec. In order to make such a bold claim, he needs to have a very reliable insource with Rostec to divulge this information, the first being a plywood mockup and the main one being Rostec looking for a partner to fund the project. They've been talking about this project for quite some time and what about the individual countries in that video? To have them already be part of the promotion means they've already gotten their permission to do so and it raises more questions about their involvement than answers.

Last edited:

"Just in case anyone needs clarification: the Checkmate/LTS shown here is a life-size model out of plywood, not a real plane," he said in a tweet via his Twitter account. It is clearly a speculative design in the hope of attracting foreign investment to start developing it.”

BTW, the rest of that tweet he's walking it back LOL! What a jerk and a loser that guy is. Ugh, I'm sorry but I can't stand guys like this who come out thinking because they're some journalist (anyone can be a journalist BTW) and spout misinformation with all kinds of confidence like they have some inside source and then realize what a huge mistake they just made and could get punished for promoting their own agenda by posting false information on their tweets!

"I should add that I’m speculating here. If it turns out that this object is a prototype and not a mock-up, I’ll be wrong and very surprised."

Steve Trimble on Twitter: "@GrangerE04117 I should add that I’m speculating here. If it turns out that this object is a prototype and not a mock-up, I’ll be wrong and very surprised." / Twitter

BTW, the rest of that tweet he's walking it back LOL! What a jerk and a loser that guy is. Ugh, I'm sorry but I can't stand guys like this who come out thinking because they're some journalist (anyone can be a journalist BTW) and spout misinformation with all kinds of confidence like they have some inside source and then realize what a huge mistake they just made and could get punished for promoting their own agenda by posting false information on their tweets!

"I should add that I’m speculating here. If it turns out that this object is a prototype and not a mock-up, I’ll be wrong and very surprised."

Steve Trimble on Twitter: "@GrangerE04117 I should add that I’m speculating here. If it turns out that this object is a prototype and not a mock-up, I’ll be wrong and very surprised." / Twitter
Well..you are right and that is hat I thought too.. thinking about the existing avionics and sensors, the radar, the engine and so forth.. it should not be surprising if it is a flying prototype..

New Russian fifth-generation fighter jet Su-67 to be unveiled in 2021
19 July 2021, 19:29
New Russian fifth-generation fighter jet Su-67 to be unveiled in 2021

Many foreigners were impressed by the video with the new Russian fighter jet. It is believed that Russia is going to unveil its new aircraft at MAKS-2021 airshow. The teaser about the new Russian fighter jet was published on the YouTube channel of Russia's Rostec Corporation.

The video shows the contour of the new aircraft, elements of the control panel and aircraft control mechanisms. The video also names the designer of the new aircraft - the Sukhoi Design Bureau.

Many admired the teaser of the new product and said they were looking forward to the official presentation.

“This is great, I hope that in the coming years, the relationship between the US and Russia will improve rather than worsen. Perhaps one day we will see the F-22 fly side by side with the Su-57 or this new aircraft, although I heard that it is mainly intended for export," a user under the moniker PanzerKitsune 131-232 wrote.
On the night of July 19, a day before the official presentation, Rostec State Corporation published an extended version of the video, which revealed new features of the fifth-generation fighter jet. The video gave a sneak peak of the contours of the aircraft itself and its front view.

The video clearly shows the main features of the new aircraft:

• the tricycle landing gear,
  • the cockpit glazed similarly to the "older" version,
  • the Su-57 fighter,
  • and a massive air intake underneath the fuselage.
The new Sukhoi fifth-generation fighter jet may replace MiG-29 and MiG-35 fighters in the Aerospace Forces of Russia and subsequently become Russia's main export fighter aircraft.

It was reported that the new Sukhoi fighter jet could get serial index T-75 and designation Su-67.

Other details about the new aircraft remain unknown. The aircraft is designed on the basis of the integrated circuit technology with trapezoidal wings. There is no horizontal tail unit, and the keels, like those of the Su-57 aircraft, are set at a large angle. The domestic Product-30 unit will most likely be used as the main engine of the aircraft. This engine is currently in use for the Su-57 heavy fighter. The takeoff weight of the new aircraft will make up 18 tons.

1626662887307.png

https://t.co/FjJY0reAUh

Perhaps it would have been better had they made a stealthy version of the Yak-141 for export to nations with small carriers

To me it seems to have bigger air intake underneath the fuselage which could mean high by-pass engine 🤔

Expert opinions would be appreciated 😇

Back
Top Bottom