What's new

Featured Russia Teases 'Fundamentally New' Military Aircraft to Be Unveiled

The Americans have been talking about developing a new single engine semi-stealth fighter to replace the F16, to give them the numbers/combat bulk. Would be interesting to see what they come up with.

Of course the Northrop mockup looks better that the Russian mockup for the same design paradigm.

Interesting find - thanks.

MiG unveils new designs for fifth generation fighters

E6uehz7WYAsyh3z

E6ueSCAX0AA4e5g

E6ufKz4WYA0dtJx

E6ufNKcWYB4NrCP

E6ufvAhWYBwAV8O

E6ufwCYWYC0M2_2

You found it. Russkies could have at least copied the engine exhaust, and perhaps they will in a follow up version. But on “Checkmate” Day, it seems you are the one that has checkmated the bear.

Indians love model planes for their “Babus” to get stuck on and not actually build. Glad to see the Russians have accommodated one of their best customers:disagree:

Nothing but half-hearted attempts by russia to stay relevant. None of these offer anything on par with state-of-the-art fighters from the US and potentially China. High probability that none of them will materialise

Nothing but half-hearted attempts by russia to stay relevant. None of these offer anything on par with state-of-the-art fighters from the US and potentially China. High probability that none of them will materialise

Agreed ... A few years ago at Zhuhai 2018 during a small "private" lecture, Piotr Butowski talked about the fading away into insignificance of the Russian military aviation industry and predicted something like a swansong! Maybe this is one last final rearing up to prevent the inevitable end?

Lol..! Hopefully this is not to imply that the Russians has successfully stolen a tabletop plastic display model of a non-existent US fighter jet and turn it into reality...! 😆

That said this Northrop model looks a lot like a scaled down single engine version of their YF-23...

The Mig models looks soo outdated though... no way it will ever turn into something more than this display models.. *sigh* how the once mighty Mig bureau has fallen... sad..

That said this Northrop model looks a lot like a scaled down single engine version of their YF-23...

It was exactly planned as this ...

The Mig models looks soo outdated though... no way it will ever turn into something more than this display models.. *sigh* how the once mighty Mig bureau has fallen... sad..

Looks like the old German MAKO jet trainer

I would agree with you here. It seems like a rather poor attempt to fill a rather niche market of developing nations who either don't have a home-grown fifth gen fighter programme or who can't access any other alternative. In addition, the Russians are trying to milk the indian cash cow (pun intended), but given the indian experience of dealing with Russians in the ill-fated FGFA/PAK-FA debacle, I don't think the indians will bite. Moreover, the indian cash cow has dry shrivelled up udders and they have their own programmes to keep drain their cash.

This looks pretty damn good, though.

1626790518228.png

President Putin is being told by the rep that:
- The LTS is also named "Checkmate"
- It will be around 7.4 thousand kg
- Top speed around Mach 2
- Will be priced around $30 mill
- The main competitors in the market are Chinese fighters
- The first flight is scheduled for 2023
- Can be a single-seat, a double or unmanned
- First flight is scheduled for 2023
- First deliveries planned in 5 years

1626791144039.png

1626791170797.png

1626790548284.png

1626790563494.png

This looks pretty damn good, though.

View attachment 763871

President Putin is being told by the rep that:
- The LTS is also named "Checkmate"
- It will be around 7.4 thousand kg
- Top speed around Mach 2
- Will be priced around $30 mill
- The main competitors in the market are Chinese fighters
- The first flight is scheduled for 2023
- Can be a single-seat, a double or unmanned
- First flight is scheduled for 2023
- First deliveries planned in 5 years

View attachment 763874

View attachment 763875

View attachment 763872

View attachment 763873
If it really will be priced under 40 mln then we see new bestseller for independent nations.
New info - range about 1500 km.

Last edited:
If it really will be priced under 40 mln then we see new bestseller for independent nations.

Apparently that is what the rep told Putin. My guess is that's the baseline price if the VKS was to order any, but foreign sales will probably be around $40m - $60 mill is just my guess.

Apparently that is what the rep told Putin. My guess is that's the baseline price if the VKS was to order any, but foreign sales will probably be around $40m - $60 mill is just my guess.
According to the press service of the state corporation Rostec: It belongs to the fifth generation and includes support for the pilot's work by means of artificial intelligence. In addition, the fighter has a low footprint and high flight performance. Supercomputer technologies were widely used in the work on the LTS Checkmate project. The list of orders for the new light fighter can reach 300 fighters..
It won't exceed $40 million..The Mig-35 with two engines is around $45 million..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom