What's new

Russia Signs Landmark Military Cooperation Agreement With Pakistan

but india is going for apachi and we need mi 28 for this and also for replacing cobras
For what? You don't pit helicopter gunship against helicopter gunship. You use the gunship against opponents on the ground. At this time, Pakistan needs helicopters against insurgents. It is therefor irrelevant what India operates.

I thought Mi-28 was much more capable than Mi-35. Pakistan should have gone for Mi-28.
Mi-35 derives from Mi-24 which derives from Mi-8 which Pakistan has been operating for years. That's three advantages (training and maintenance and logistics). Mi-35 can also carry personnel (Mi-28 can't)

Mi-35 takes greater weight of ordnance (3400 v 2900 kilo).
Mi 35 has higher top speed (335 v 320 km/h)
Mi 35 has greater range (450 v 435 km)

Mi 28 has greater rate of climb (13,6 m/s v 8 m/s)
Mi 28 has higher ceiling (5700m v 4500m)

Last edited:
Mi-35 derives from Mi-24 which derives from Mi-8 which Pakistan has been operating for years. That's three advantages (training and maintenance and logistics). Mi-35 can also carry personnel (Mi-28 can't)

Mi-35 takes greater weight of ordnance (3400 v 2900 kilo).
Mi 35 has higher top speed (335 v 320 km/h)
Mi 35 has greater range (450 v 435 km)

Mi 28 has greater rate of climb (13,6 m/s v 8 m/s)
Mi 28 has higher ceiling (5700m v 4500m)

What has avoiding understanding new airframe/engine got to do with procuring a better weapon? I can understand Mi-35 fitting the utility better but Mi-28 is a more potent weapon. My thoughts.

Well its getting funny few news sources say we are trying to get MI-28 Janes quote a source which says we are trying to get Z-10 and few other say we are looking to get T-129

Well its getting funny few news sources say we are trying to get MI-28 Janes quote a source which says we are trying to get Z-10 and few other say we are looking to get T-129
Yeah your right...
But my personal understanding is that Pakistan might be looking for 2 different platforms...Mi 28 and T129 or Z10...
lets see...

What has avoiding understanding new airframe/engine got to do with procuring a better weapon? I can understand Mi-35 fitting the utility better but Mi-28 is a more potent weapon. My thoughts.
And when making a defence purchase you have to weight these different aspects. You can't just go for top of the line, irrespective of need and budget. Such is life.

And when making a defence purchase you have to weight these different aspects. You can't just go for top of the line, irrespective of need and budget. Such is life.

Now, is'nt it said that only money talks?
Everything else... including Bull$hit walks.

Hi,

unless such agreement translates into some Hardware thingy, i wouldn't really take the word of CO OPERATION

Well AL khalid program is in stasis since 06 due to lack of funds. Al Zarrar program is being winded down. All AL Zarrars r to be decommissioned n replaced in due Time along with the 100s of t 55, t 59 n other obselete tanks.
All that can't be met by Al khalid(if at all).
We need to buy n do it quick.

Front runner at this point is the oplot as its by far the best tank out their n plus our t 80 ud r up for a major overhaul n the Ukrainians r offering a upgrade package to bring our existing lot to oplot standard, well almost very close to it.

Not posting stuff you don't know anything about is better than spreadin misinformation..

T-90S isn't the latest T-90 variant but an export model also in service with indian army... And talking purely on specs basis AK-I beats it hands down.

2) AK prog isn't "stasis" .. over 420 are in service (all upgraded to I status).... Meanwhile AK-2 will be revealed at IDEAS next month and will go into production by mid 2015!

And our T-80UDs are T-84s.. (Same turrets,gun,armour,era,sub systems etc... Thanks to russia pressuring Ukranians from selling us the T-80s ..
and Ukrainians keeping their promise and delivering the upgraded tank which we now know as UD's)... Infact HIT upgraded them with European FCS,imagery systems sometime back...

Its just not only about Military cooperation but its also about having a healthy relationship in all the aspects. WELCOME RUSSIA.

Say bye, bye to America !!!

This is one excellent news for Russia-Pakistan ties.

No that would be mean. Diplomatic relationship with every country is in our national interest. We have to maintain this balance.

Its not good enough to be any threat to India but the fact we are getting it is enough to create concern for India.

I think the most important thing is that it's just the beginning. Who cares if they're only Mi-35s? That's not the point. A huge taboo has been broken. Can anyone here imagine Russia selling *any* kind of military equipment to Pakistan even 10 years ago? Essentially, Russia has realized India is no longer as loyal as it once was and Russia is paying that "loyalty" back in kind.

Who says Mi-28s won't be sold to Pakistan down the road? If I were an Indian, I would most definitely be concerned at this development.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom