What's new

Russia pushes for Su-35 in a bid to lure Bangladesh Air Force

Meteors are part of the EF package. There really is no question of it not being released to BD. If EF is in offer so are meteors.

EF purchase is nothing like buying from USA.

I hope you are right about that.

Still I just can’t imagine Meteor in BAF inventory.

Anyways, time will tell.

I hope you are right about that.

Still I just can’t imagine Meteor in BAF inventory.

Anyways, time will tell.

UK will 100% sell Meteor if BD can pay for it.
Only issue will be if there is a war(remote) with India

I know what I have said, BD is a hostile country to Pakistan and they will remain the same in future as they are more inclined towards India them Islam itself.
If you think Pakistan represents Islam and bd doesn’t. You’re mistaken. We have many similar weapons and by your logic your national security is already compromised.

No, a upgraded aircraft is unlikely to cost more than a new built aircraft. If BD could acquire Block 50/52 and upgrade them to Block 70/72 it would be much cheaper than new build Eurofighters.

Agreed.

With conformal tanks and better sensors/weapons payload added (a la the F16I SUFA), and given that friendly nations like Turkey operate the platform (along with their own developed smart weapons esp. bombs to add to the platform) the later versions of F16 are hard to beat as a choice.

iu

But a single-engine platform can only populate the lower 'numbers' tier of BAF inventory - even when given the far better MTBF specs and reliability of the F100/F110 engine compared to fighters in the BAF inventory now.

I don't foresee the F16 as a 'numbers' fighter when the top tier 'strategic' twin engine bomber/fighter is an SU-35. That would be odd, to say the least.

Is Bangladesh actually ordering Su-30? It seems someone on Wikipedia is saying they have 6 on orders.

@Michael Corleone see thats the reason 1971 was happened...uuuhhh,ahhh "we r better muslims than u,bds r kafirs mushriks...eii gular sathe valo behave koira laav naii..skul,clg e tota pakhir moto kisuh line mukhosto koray dise..oigulai shara jibon koite thakbe..

Guys don't pay heed to off-topic posts by trolls or respond. They are just trying to hijack the thread.

@ghost250 Cannot judge a whole country by comment from one poster.

@Dubious can you please look at the off-topic inflammatory posts above by @Basel. Thankful for your involvement.

Last edited:
BD is more influenced by Hindus and closer to Mushriks and it is also created with help of Mushriks so how it can be good Muslim state, and don't compare Pakistan with BD we have done things for Muslim world which BD can't do.

Usually you get Chinese weapons in primary role which are in secondary role in Pakistan military and also Pakistan buy customized versions not just export versions, due to which you don't have weapons which we have.
Just love how you claim to be so Muslim and pure yet I see the opposite from your country. Because judging others, look into your own homes

When the mass-production version of J-10C equipped with WS-10B engine came out not long ago, I realized that China had decided to sell J-10C.
China-make WS-10B engine is more of a reason that BAF avoids its purchase of J-10. Chinese engines are not yet matured. By the way, your MBT-2000 has also some problems and BA is unhappy with it.

I personally do not want BD to purchase any more defense-related goods from backstabber China. BD must bypass China and Russia and go for western NATO-standard equipment. For non-jet items, Turkey can be a good source. Even Turkish submarines follow high-quality German standards.

Just love how you claim to be so Muslim and pure yet I see the opposite from your country. Because judging others, look into your own homes
No, no, you are mistaken. They are saving Islam by killing innocent Muslims in the Bazaars and mosques. These fanatics do not yet regret what they did in 1971 and are still using fanatism to kill their own citizens in their own country.

BAF will shortly sign agreements with the United Kingdom for Eurofighter Typhoon EF2000 fighter aircraft. The acquisition will complete the requirement for “heavy multi-role combat aircraft” leaving the maritime strike fighters and single engine fighter aircraft still to be decided.

The single engine fighter aircraft segment is covered by F-16, Jas-39 and J-10 with Russia automatically out of the bid having no single engine fighters to offer even though they offered MiG-35 to become the “backbone fighter” of the BAF. However the maritime strike fighter aircraft will see less competition with only Americans and Russians in the race having proposed F/A-18 C/D and Su-30SME fighters.
The above two paragraphs speak of what BAF intends to buy. It is possibly double-engine Typhoon EF2000 fighter aircraft or F-18 as the mainstay fighter jets. Now, China has single-engine J-10 planes, but some are fitted with Chinese engines and some with Russian Saturn AL-31FN military turbofan engines from the MMPP Salyut factory.

I propose for single-engine jet planes either J-10 fitted with Russian engines or F-16.

Guys, please refrain from answering unrelated topics. Some posters are worried that BD is now preparing itself to induct fighter planes. I will no more respond to people who are bashing our country.

Leave it man.

This is a hostile playground.

It is what it is.

Let's keep this thread on topic at least.
So, why BAF should induct Su-35 and not Eurofighter Typhoon or F-18 American? Russia betrayed us many times. I can remember the time when BD refrained from recognizing Kosovo, a Muslim country out of old Yugoslavia, for many years by considering the Russian sentiment.

Next is the Rohingya issue. Russia vetoed all the positive proposals when under a treaty Russian technicians are building nuclear power plants on BD soil. Now, why should we buy Russian planes when better planes are available in Europe or America?

While the Chinese planes may not be used in a conflict with MM, but Russian planes cannot be used against both India and MM. Why should BD pay money for something that they cannot use in times of emergency? The planes are not toys.

So, less Chinese and no Russian, but almost all from the western sources.

So, why BAF should induct Su-35 and not Eurofighter Typhoon or F-18 American? Russia betrayed us many times. I can remember the time when BD refrained from recognizing Kosovo, a Muslim country out of old Yugoslavia, for many years by considering the Russian sentiment.

Next is the Rohingya issue. Russia vetoed all the positive proposals when under a treaty Russian technicians are building nuclear power plants on BD soil. Now, why should we buy Russian planes when better planes are available in Europe or America?

While the Chinese planes may not be used in a conflict with MM, but Russian planes cannot be used against both India and MM. Why should BD pay money for something that they cannot use in times of emergency? The planes are not toys.

So, less Chinese and no Russian, but almost all from the western sources.

Exactly right.

Agree completely.

Su 35 EW capability is complete rubbish & it will cost an arm & leg to maintain them.

Not to mention US will sanction BAF faster than one can spell the word sanctions .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom