What's new

Russia, Pakistan conduct first-ever joint military drills (PHOTOS)

they seems impressed by pakistani forces
no man i dont think they were that impressed, if you look at the karate/martial arts display i think the russians were laughing a bit at it, the martial arts display looked like a show/stunt. the russian special forces train in harsh winter conditions in training many trainees die because of exhaustion, the Selection training for special forces down there is worse then it is for the Us Navy seals. I doubt the commandos in this training exercise were from russias elite group, because there not allowed to display there faces if there spetnatz or alpha-group.

no man i dont think they were that impressed, if you look at the karate/martial arts display i think the russians were laughing a bit at it, the martial arts display looked like a show/stunt. the russian special forces train in harsh winter conditions in training many trainees die because of exhaustion, the Selection training for special forces down there is worse then it is for the Us Navy seals. I doubt the commandos in this training exercise were from russias elite group, because there not allowed to display there faces if there spetnatz or alpha-group.
SSG drop out rate is 85-95%.

We also have one of the worlds harshest topography.

At any given time we have -55 (reaching -60 and below) to scorchin 55+ degrees.

From Glaciers to bone dry deserts and forests... from worlds tallest mountains to mighty rivers and oceans.. we have all.

As for martial arts... that was just a demo...

From Glaciers to bone dry deserts and forests... from worlds tallest mountains to mighty rivers and oceans.. we have all.

you never hear of Trainees dying in training, the type of training they recieve is different for example
pakistani commandos are taught to be nimble and light on there feet, if you compare them to a seal or a SAS guy they don't pack the level of firepower as the latter do, there armed with M4s,AKs etc the mentality of the russians and the west is lethal firepower which is accurate and precise, for the SSG its more quick,accurate fire, they don't go in and aren't trained with the heavy artillery frame of mind.

you never hear of Trainees dying in training, the type of training they recieve is different for example
pakistani commandos are taught to be nimble and light on there feet, if you compare them to a seal or a SAS guy they don't pack the level of firepower as the latter do, there armed with M4s,AKs etc the mentality of the russians and the west is lethal firepower which is accurate and precise, for the SSG its more quick,accurate fire, they don't go in and aren't trained with the heavy artillery frame of mind.

You are right but they are trying to implement it with better weapons mate

I doubt about this given the high casualty rate of SSG in last ten years and the need to maintain their current number. Just as PA had to downgrade their criteria of Height and some other features so to recruit more people, I strongly suspect SSG might have done the same thing. Given the high passing rate in SSG these days. There are pictures in Military multimedia thread where in one passing out ceremony More than 60 were present.

Compare this passing out ratio with Naval-SSG. If you remember a recent video clip of N-SSG passing out parade in night where 10-20 guys were in the final group

I doubt about this given the high casualty rate of SSG in last ten years and the need to maintain their current number. Just as PA had to downgrade their criteria of Height and some other features so to recruit more people, I strongly suspect SSG might have done the same thing. Given the high passing rate in SSG these days. There are pictures in Military multimedia thread where in one passing out ceremony More than 60 were present.

Compare this passing out ratio with Naval-SSG. If you remember a recent video clip of N-SSG passing out parade in night where 10-20 guys were in the final group

You must remember that every battalion now have it's own SSG unit to handle specific situations.

i'm not trying to flame here, but was there any truth to what Maj. Gen. Tahir Masood said about 780 SSG commandos embracing shahaadat in Zarb-e-azb. This is the reason for the criteria being lowered?

I doubt about this given the high casualty rate of SSG in last ten years and the need to maintain their current number. Just as PA had to downgrade their criteria of Height and some other features so to recruit more people, I strongly suspect SSG might have done the same thing. Given the high passing rate in SSG these days..
No PA didnt... the relaxation is only for applicant from under developed rural areas like FATA,Balochistan etc .. (SSG again gets its volunteers from PA--with atleast 2 years of service).
SSG & PA maintain their standard... And they dont have to compromise on it...We have no shortage of boys willing to join the military.

There are pictures in Military multimedia thread where in one passing out ceremony More than 60 were present

There is a difference between info available on net and in real life.

I would rate SSG above SSGN.

SSGN is but more glamourous n all with their shiny weapons n gear... but lacks in real combat experience compared to SSG.

SSG had several casualties during training in the past .. From what I learn they are trying to minimise it altogether.... Many SSG volunteers also got disabled or Category C (as the army calls troops troops disabled with permanent injuries etc) even during the "interrogation" part of the training where each volunteer is given a mission and in the course of that mission beaten to a pump in order to break him and extract that mission info & break him.

Because AKs (AK-103 is also used by SSG),M-4s,16s,FN-2000s,ARs etc are their main rifles.. For LMGs or HMGs they use PKMG,MG-3,Minimi etc..
Mortars,RPGs etc are also part of their inventory.

SSG had several casualties during training in the past .. From what I learn they are trying to minimise it altogether.... Many SSG volunteers also got disabled or Category C (as the army calls troops troops disabled with permanent injuries etc) even during the "interrogation" part of the training where each volunteer is given a mission and in the course of that mission beaten to a pump in order to break him and extract that mission info & break him.

Because AKs (AK-103 is also used by SSG),M-4s,16s,FN-2000s,ARs etc are their main rifles.. For LMGs or HMGs they use PKMG,MG-3,Minimi etc..
Mortars,RPGs etc are also part of their inventory.
And portable recoile less rifle air droped versions of em too also they have manpads atgms mortars heavy amr , and what not so please in friendly excersices and in zarb e azb mostly zarar anti terror company Is so please don't say there light armed there main job of the commando battalions is behind enemy line ops so ..

In large numbers against armour air what not

i'm not trying to flame here, but was there any truth to what Maj. Gen. Tahir Masood said about 780 SSG commandos embracing shahaadat in Zarb-e-azb. This is the reason for the criteria being lowered?
780 martyrs , I believe was in all of 10 years of the war in north west Pakistan and the fighting with the taliban not only in Zarb e Azb .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom