What's new

Russia blocks sale of engines for Sino-Pak fighter jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, Russia says it is blocking the engine sale so that China and Pakistan cannot sell it to countries like Egypt who need to replace their older MIg21s with better aircraft. Now they feel JF-17 is equal to Mig 29 and with better avionics should be a cheaper alternative and get the job done. So why would anyone spend more money for same type of product in case of MIG 29.

If the JF-17 wasn't as good as MIG 29, then the Russians wouldn't feel threatened? Their arms market is small and JF-17 will only make it smaller.

Maybe GE or PW can step in for engines.....screw Russia.

We already have an alternative option for the engine... There is always a plan B. And as for some, let them howl, it erodes what little respect i have left for them.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

:cheers: Its great to have Hajmola after a good meal. Nice suggestion, Think Tank.

Im glad you appreciate it... :D

its not quality of jf-17 but the price tag of 15-20mil cost that is herting mig-29 (35mil). hope u understand it now

I've searched and searched but haven't found a trace...(Must be a secret facility...:whistle:

But that's the point...you get to learn virtually noting without this thing. JF 17 or no JF 17 they should have had that up and running. I know I would have not accepted it in my country...I mean BASIC R&D.

Well the thing is, India has been building aircrafts since 1960s but she did not have a supersonic wind tunnel till 1990s.

So i guess JF-17 fill face delays here regarding Engines and Avionics.

(Minus the quality of course:tongue:)

Why all the China hatred? If the quality was so bad, i doubt Sony would move it's manufacturing plants to China. So how about you stop with the China bashing for a moment.

Time for some laughs guys, below are the post by some indians on an indian forum of course. I wont name them as there are some who are current members here. So enjoy.

i am happy... thank you comrade for this great news.

Me too

with out engine JUNK FIGHTER-17

some day earlier a Chinese was boosting about their indigeniousty and superiority over Russian arms,now this is something that is going to sticking like a thorn in his a$$

yeah thats right..I actually go too excited..this seems a business tactic...but still a setback atleast for this moment..china got the slap and its pakistan who got hurt..lol..I'm loving it.

I hope it will continue, a huge set back for JF-17...there will be fire on many Pakistani minds now hahaha

This is a nice strategic move.

First supply them with a few engines, so they spend their money designing aircraft to be compatible with that engine, then deny the second batch, so they have to re-design and spend more effort at it. Not to mention, the lack of spares for the previous fighters, which will force China and Pak to replace the previous fighters' engines too in the coming years.

Dil garden garden ho gaya!

^^anyway but this might atleast stall their programme for some time,and even if both parties make a compromise,still their is nothing to worry,this will substantially increase FC-1's price,and more the price more the chances of nations opting out for it as it is vastly inferior to other planes in its category,even Pakistan who wanted a cheap plane have to shell out more for this plane now

another news is that they were asking give back the 100 engines which they already suppiled because deal does not include china sale of JF -17 with russian engines to PAK

^^^whattt ?? lol..news pe news.. my day is made

And the above as usual was posted with loads and loads of smilies.

Well the thing is, India has been building aircrafts since 1960s but she did not have a supersonic wind tunnel till 1990s.
'Building-Yes', Designing...no...that started with 1990s (LCA etc.). Dunno what we did for marut. Point of discussion ws designing of JF 17. Can't do that without SS Wind Tunnel Facility. That's a different kind of baby anyways...one could go on to ask computers, packages, iron bird

Time for some laughs guys, below are the post by some indians on an indian forum of course. I wont name them as there are some who are current members here. So enjoy.

And the above as usual was posted with loads and loads of smilies.

You sir stole the day! Thank you!

Manufacturing and innovating/creating are 2 different things.

Right and openly criticising is a different thing? Get real, lets stop playing semantics... China is a industrial power and its better people learn to respect that.

You will never find me mock Indian progress in areas, I find it pathetic and petty when people attempt to belittle China. I have travelled to many countries in my life (still have to visit India) and China by far is the most alluring and impressive.

A perfect blend of east meets west. Being open sets you free!

'Building-Yes', Designing...no...that started with 1990s (LCA etc.). Dunno what we did for marut. Point of discussion ws designing of JF 17. Can't do that without SS Wind Tunnel Facility. That's a different kind of baby anyways...one could go on to ask computers, packages, iron bird

HF-24 was designed by German designer Kurt Tank(legendary) and his team ..plus Marut was not a supersonic aircraft.

All the bickering aside ..

Russia is not providing the engines for JF-17. Another option is WS-13 which made its first test early this year. Now either pakistan push china to quickly wrap up engine testing and put it on JF-17 or wait until WS-13 mature as a reliable engine for JF-17. For China, it is not very critical since they not gonna use either JF-17 or WS-13 in near future. However, for PAF, it is very critical since JF-17's will be their first line fighters. It is not hidden that engine development for fighters is proving difficult for both India and China. China can quick test WS-13 for pakistan but the question remains , will it be as reliable as RD-93 ?

PAF has to think very carefully since once inducted, WS-13 powered JF-17 will be backbone of PAF for year to come.

Is it not possible to get GE 404 type engines for first 50-60 JF-17 ? It will give time for WS-13 to mature and PAF then rely on that.

To all Indian guys...Please stop the BS...We are not doing any good.It is an issue between Russia and China....No need to rejoice....They have a plane that is good for them..We have good planes ourselves.Swooping down to mock is childish behavior which only foments hate...I will request all Indians to stay away from this issue.There is no need to point and laugh when a neighbour is in trouble

its not quality of jf-17 but the price tag of 15-20mil cost that is herting mig-29 (35mil). hope u understand it now

Umm, i don't know why Indians like you are having a hard time establishing the fact that JF-17 is awesome aircraft. With the flexibility for upgrades it offers between Chinese and the West, you won't get in any other similar plane.
I mean, the plane was designed by an Airforce that operated the legendary F-16s.
They named it as F-17 for a reason.....as ex ACM said it was a step ahead of F-16 in terms of PAF.

Pakistan already has the first 50 engines secured and probably the rest 100. Russian protest is over the engines being put in planes that would be sold to countries other than China and Pakistan. So it doesn't hurt PAF in anyway.
It hurts the overall sales of JF-17, which for the next 5 years shouldn't be a concern as PAF must fulfill it's own needs first.

JF-17 can any day compete with MIG 29.
Face it. You denying it based on your ego won't change anything.

BTW i think you seem Dyslexic, from your spelling and grammar....

Last edited:
You too...I still can't see a wind tunnel...service, assembly, rebuild...where is the WIND TUNNEL?? It's the most BASIC requirement for designing even your super mushak you need to what which way the nose will be pointing if you twist that little left wing right?
You should understand if we are building them, Assembling them then we are using wind tunnel in Kamra. What do you think we take the whole plane to China just for one wind tunnel.......Actually these things are new for Indians and they want to show off......We really dont give a damn...Wind tunnel exist since 1940s....So whats the point of " HEY we got a wind tunnel"

You should understand if we are building them, Assembling them then we are using wind tunnel in Kamra. What do you think we take the whole plane to China just for one wind tunnel.......Actually these things are new for Indians and they want to show off......We really dont give a damn...Wind tunnel exist since 1940s....So whats the point of " HEY we got a wind tunnel"

Why do you need to carry out wind tunnel test on an aircraft ??...What

changes can you make on an airframe after it has been is built ??:no:

Usually a scale model is used for wind tunnel test , when aircraft is preliminary stages of its design .
350px-Windkanal.jpg

GIF_Flow_visualization.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom